The Importance of This Game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by xjets2002x, Sep 25, 2009.

1. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I think this is one of the more important games of the Jets season. The Pats are facing an Atlanta team that is going to prove an extremely difficult matchup for them, and it represents an opportunity for us to get to 3-0 in the AFC, with another tie breaker against a team that's going to be fighting for a playoff spot in Tennessee(Fisher will have them where they need to be by season's end).

At 3-0 in the AFC we'd only have to go a middling 5-4 the rest of the way to get to 8 wins, with 4 games otherwise against the middling NFC South. I think a win this week makes 10-6 very realistic.

-X-

2. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I think another important thing is that I highly doubt we win the next week @ Saints. Starting out 2-0 then ending up 2-2 after 4 would be a disappointment.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Not to mention knocking Tennessee down to 0-3, which hurts their playoff chances severely.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Saints have played the Lions and McNabbless Eagles. They will be tough, but surrendering already? Odd.

5. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Every game is important but we cant have a letdown here. coming off a huge win and where at home. Lets get it done Rex-Ecutioners!

6. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Huge game, to start 3-0 with our schedule would be huge. Lets get this done!

7. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I didnt say we had no shot. I would be surprised.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

also--------Tenn plays at New England next week----------this is a huge game for the Titans I hope we are up to the task and don't let down after last week

9. eifmp

eifmp Member

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! The 'Same 'Ole Jets' better not show up! All the analysts who predict the Jets to lose this game are all saying that the Jets will have a classic letdown and the Titans will be up for this game because they are desperate and will be 0-2 and can't go 0-3. Man I hope not. The Pats win will be all for naught if we lose this game. I'm nervous about the Jets having a letdown because Rex Ryan said that they've been lazy and lax during some practice this week.

10. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

this is going to be a big game. i can't wait.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Don't put too much importance into this game folks. Its only game 3 with 13 more to play. This game has more emotional value than big picture value in that it will be a maturity test for VonRyan's Express.

Will they attack the Titans or will they rest on their new found celebrity and by doing that, most likely get their asses kicked AT HOME..?

If VonRyan's Jets show up on Sunday, they'll win the game IF they are really an elite team. If they lose, they get to go to NO with a real bad attitude and win there.

Lets see what VonRyan can do to keep this team hungry and on a even keel..

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I like the fact that Tennessee has been talking some trash. Motivation has proven to be a big weapon for us so far, and they poured some fuel on our fire this week. If the D does what it's been doing, no way we don't win this game.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

it won't be all for naught because we have one game on them so far in terms of the tiebreaker.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

he's already told them that heads that swell, roll during game time. So he has told them to keep focused on this next game.

The only way this is SOJ is if the Jets beat themselves rather than Tennessee coming in with a gameplan that is just too good to beat. Even if Sanchez looks like a rookie in this game its not SOJ because it was bound to happen.

The only problem is that the fans will make it SOJ because they are chicken little vaginas.

15. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

This game, to me, will show us more about Rex's coaching and leadership abilities. Mangini couldn't stop the team from believing their own press after the Titans last year. Has Rex moved this team past the huge victory last week? Are the players taking this game against a 2-0 game seriously? These are areas where Mangini failed miserably.

16. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

yeah, and frankly, I don't see the same intensity this week. I hear a lot of people saying the right things, but I don't see anyone feeling that same desire, that same will.

17. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

This game (Titans) is so important. If you follow the logic that good team don't loose back to back games , then The Titans are primed to win one. I hoping they don't of course. The other games this week which fall into teams not loosing back to back games is the New Orleans Game against Buffalo. Buffalo is a good team and if they pull one out against the Saints , then next week we could face a real ferocius team on the road. New England will beat the Falcons , so we have to keep pace and win this weeks game.

18. HOI

HOI Active Member

I dont see it that way. If anyone had approached me before the season started and said the Jets would start 2-2 with the schedule we have I would have been thrilled.

I actually had the Jets going 2-2 to start so if thats the case I'm fine with it. It gets less brutal after the Saints. With that being said I am still sticking with my original prediction of 9-7/10-6 this year. I heard some guy on WFAN yesterday morning now predicting 12-4 and representing the AFC in the Superbowl and I wanted to punch the fucking radio. Be real people. We are playing great now but there will certainly be a slump some where this season. 90% of the teams in this league go through it every year.

At some point the threads on this board will go from where they are now to "the sky is falling!!".

One week at a time. Regardless of our start or what people think this team is a work in progress...

19. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

We have been a work in progress ever since Parcells left...the time is now seize the day and take down the Titans.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Here's the thing..I think in another 5 or 6 weeks nobody is going to be thinking about last week's win as a huge victory because I don't think NE is all that good.