17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JetsSec337Lot13B

1991 seniority picked Sept 11th. Section 346 row 15 on the aisle right next to the $105 seats.

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

I bought mine right on the spot. I followed this thread and also a couple other threads. This thread was most accurate and everyone here was mostly doing uppers so it was most helpful.

I also had the opportunity to speak with people who sit around me and most of them went for section 346. I knew the upper sidelines were pretty much a no go. I went for that area and was offered 344, 345, or 346. To me I wanted to be on the aisle and be near the exit to leave. I also wanted to sit near some of the people I've made friends with over the past 19 years. I was willing to sacrifice a little bit for those things. It all depends on what you want but I would say figure it all out in advance pick a specific area you want and then go from there.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This sounds very right to me.

There also appear to be many seats still available in the "toward the corner" sideline seats in some upper rows, should that appeal to you. Don't forget, the number of seats enters the equation too. If you're looking for 4 it's different than if you're looking for 2.

Good luck, friend.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Excellent advice, Sec 337.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i just hope the jets win the super bowl this year i hate my seats the more i think about them.

6. JetsSec337Lot13B

One more thing to add check the price zones on the seating charts. For example you might be able to get section 345 but on the aisle next to section 346. 345 is $105 and 346 is $95. For an extra 10 feet you can save $100 a seat and if you have 4 that's $400 a year. You should still be able to get uppers. There was not much turnover in the late 90s because we were good then. Also a lot of the people who dropped their tickets were late 90s early 2000s who were told they had no shot at uppers so they gave the finger a year early.

7. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

This is only my 4th year with season tickets so hopefully i have a shot.

8. mitch

mitch New Member

very nice pics, im living in florida now but when staduim is done will diffinite fly up and get tickets to watch a game ...

9. JetsSec337Lot13B

I'm just taking a guess here but I would guess 20-22k of the upper deck seats are gone and would guess there are about 5,000 or so left. Also if you have 4 seats and are willing to split them up 2 and 2 near each other you might be able to get a better row.

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

If you look at stubhub tickets can be had for as little as $55 for the late season games right now. Do you guys think that people will pay anywhere near the $120 for a typical seat next year on the secondary market? I want to get a lower PSL but I don't see how I can justify it with the $120 per seat price tag including 2 worthless preseason games. I fear future STHs will be taking a bath on the games they don't use

11. Section 227. Row 5

We do it now. I'e been taking a bath for 25 years. Don't take my word for it only, ask Seafood and others on here. It's very hard to "break even" because of the Preseason Games. You have to go into it assuming you WILL be taking a bath. During VERY good years (this could be one of them), you MIGHT get face or above for a game you can't attend (but not the preseason games... no way... so there's your first bath). But during miserable years, forget about it. You can't give the tickets away.

Also, after you buy your Lower PSL, if you can't justify the $120 how are you going to feel when the ticket price incereases by 10% per year? In 7.5 years, the ticket price will double.

That can't happen, you say? The economy won't "allow it" or Woody wouldn't possibly have the balls to do it? Wrong. He's already done it and continues to do it. Our Mezz seats doubled in 8 years and are still going up, and that's without a PSL over our heads. Why do you think so many people bailed this year?

Now, it gets worse if you buy the PSL. Your problem after having given Woody your PSL money is, he's got you by the balls even more then. You're his. He owns you. You wanted the seats so bad you were willing to pay him his ridiculous PSL. How can you possibly complain now when he nails your ticket account 10%-12% per year?

Oh, don't worry, you'll get a nice little letter saying how expenses have increased and maintenance costs require the increase. You may even get a baseball cap with your section on it as a little gift! That'll make it all better for you.

12. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

I think there are many factors why so many bailed this year:

1) Some percentage were impacted by the financial crunch and could not justify pouring money into this season.

2) Some were long time NY'ers who felt betrayed that the new stadium was not going to be in NY , this was their breaking point

3) Many season ticket holders were non Jet fans and broker types who had no intention of "buying" in to the new stadium.

4) Many felt the Jets were going to tank this year with a new coach , no real QB experience and lack of percieved WR depth.

Yes, ticket prices have gone up in most years , but I don't think you can pin price or the fear of price increases on why most people dropped this year.

In repsonse to GG , I know there's lots of cheap tickets on stubhub , ebay etc.. for this season. For next season and beyond , I can't see it happening for a number of reasons:

1) Most lower priced tickets( upper deck) will be held by longtime , diehard Jet fans . They are more likely to not sell off their tickets .

2) Fans who are paying for PSL's will be judicious with who they would sell/give their seats to. In addition its doubtful they would get back a profit anyway. So its high risk for low reward . Plus the stadium is new its a novelty most will want to go anyways.

3) Outside of the "corporate" type high end club seats , the tickets will be held by Jets fans . We won't see the large ownership by brokers or Non Jet fans.

So , I really don't see a large secondhand market that many are predicting . I see comments like I'll just go the game and pick up the $400 seat for $50 bucks - not happening in the stadium - sorry just can't see it.

I know , I'll get flamed again , and trust me I'm not happy with having to fork over extra money for PSL's or for higher ticket prices - but its the price we have to pay if we want to see our team live.

13. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

I am IN!

Tix since 1997, called 9/22.

Mezzanine section 247 - Row 12, top row of the section - Exactly what we wanted... because we stand ALL game and wanted no one behind us that could piss and moan.

No people to climb over either because I step over my seat onto the concourse.

WOO!

14. Section 227. Row 5

Congrats, Mantana. Glad you're happy with them!

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Based on the crowd last Sunday, no seats were open and the intensity of the crowd, if we keep winning, Jet tickets might be worth something in December. In the end, its all about winning and the fan base believing the team is for real. This team is gonna have short and long term success so if you ask me I am thinking the Jets are a good investment for selling individual tickets. And it will be harder to get tickets for below market value this year and beyondso PSL's might not deappreciate

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Section 227 - $100 dollar question - PLUS ANOTHER TWO BOMBSHELLS

Section 227 I am just busting on you when I said you yelled at me. But I will give you the 411. Plus there is another deal that will rile you up that is now available.

Yesterdays Bombshell - Yes I am not kidding when I said it is a $100 dollar deposit per seat if you are unemployed. 4 seats are $400 not the $2,000 deposit you paid. What is wrong with that. St. Johns for instance is offering 1/2 price graduate school tuition for any undergrad who was laid off due to recession who want to go to grad school full time. Lots of places are doing this. Plus Jets gave no discount on tickets it was just less of a deposit.

Today's First Bombshell - But now to piss you off more I have more news from front office. They are letting you add a seat now. Lets say you have two seats for 25 years and you want to buy three seats in new stadium, all you need to do is ask. If you carried extra seat so you could get extra seat in new stadium you wasted your cash.

Today's Second Bombshell - As a 1998 season ticket holder you have two choices shit or get off pot. Buy PSL or PSL Free seat or get kicked off waiting list. When they run out of PSL Free seats and the 2000-2009 season ticket holders get called their choice will be buy a PSL or get on get on new waiting list for PSL-Free tickets. So if your are a 2009 Season Ticket holder and only crappy PSL-Free seats or PSL seats are left and you choose neither you are off list. It you feel that will apply to you Jets have told me you should re-sign up on waiting list in spouse or child's name today as when they finish with 2009 season ticket holders a new wait list starts for PSL Free seats. If you re-join list today you are on a short list for PSL free seats further down the road. This does not apply to me as I am a 2009 season ticket holder so my choice will be to stay on waiting list for a PSL free seat or buy a 4k or 5k seat.
    BTW I am in section 343 next year as my BIL got tickets already and he said I can have a few games.

17. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

FYI maybe I will swing by 227 Sunday and visit my seats in Section 228 Row One. I sold them to my friend at slightly below face. I liked that section a lot. Sat in those seats for Eagles game.

18. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahaa.... well, thanks for the information. Actually, none of this "pisses me off" because (A) I already have my seats and (B) the $2,000 I gave them for 2010 is money I had available and reduces my ticket bill in May by half.

Glad you are going to be sitting in your BILs seat in 2010. 343 is right next to me, but I am on the 341 side of Section 342. We'll have to have a beer together and introduce me to your BIL.

It looks like a lot of the guys who posted here regularly are going to be near us... quite a few have gotten into that NW corner where we are. Bottom line is, it's going to be a lot of fun up there. I can't wait!

19. Section 227. Row 5

I'm sure I've sat in your seats a time or two. Sometimes, after the game starts, I'll slip out of my seats and go down to the 1st Row in 228 if nobody shows up. I love all the views from the MEZZ but the 1st Row is the best.

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Thanks for everyone's input. Do we know yet if it's the Jets or the Giants that are expected to play the first regular season game at the new place?