17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Section 227 thats a wealth of information. Thank you. I'll get working on my game plan.

For those who selected their seats already, mind posting where you'll be siting in the new stadium and when they contacted you. Im curious to know how many have selected PSL's

#2961 JIMsection323, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  2. jcord1786

jcord1786 New Member

Was contacted June 24 (1990) went with 4 in sec. 225a

3. jetfan29

jetfan29 New Member

1988 Took 2 in 223 Row 7 PSL and 2 Uppers 319 Row 13 on June 24th

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Nice, good idea too!!

Congrats on the tix!

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

So did you get the call yet?

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

What Year are they up too?

any of you guys know what year seniority they are calling this week. also my brother-in-law just got called and he may give up tickets, can I just go ahead and buy his seats or do I have to wait for my year to be called?

7. MadBacker Prime

You can like a previous poster did.

But they will be in his name until March of 2011 and then he can transfer them to you.

I'd write up a contract between the two of you in the mean time, just in case.

8. GordonGecko

You should buy his seats and make sure your sister doesn't divorce him :smile:

9. GordonGecko

an inlaw prenup :smile:

10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

There sometimes appear confusing questions and answers in this thread and I believe this is one of them. Are you talking about buying his 2010 non-PSL tickets or buying his 2010 PSL tickets? Also, are you talking about owning the tickets (in your name) eventually, or are you just talking about buying tickets in his name from him, each and every year and never truly "owning them" in your name?

Transferability is the issue and since the Jets will not talk to you about HIS tickets, you'd have to go through him in either case. If he buys Upper Deck non-PSL tickets for 2010, you will never be able to have them transferred into your name. You can buy them from him each and every year if he allows it, but you will never be the official owner of record.

If your BIL pays for a PSL now (with your money, persumably) and then buys the 2010 season tickets (also with your money, I'm assuming), yes, Rodimus is correct and the Jets will allow your BIL to sell you his PSL in March, 2011and then the tickets will be in your name. In other words, you can jump ahead in line and not have to wait until your turn IF your BIL is willing to straw-buy a PSL for you (presuming you give him the money and have an agreement) and IF he then sells it to you in March of 2011.

With all the talk on here about these two above situations plus 2009 tickets, sometimes it's confusing as to which one of those three scenarios people are asking about. It gets confusing sometimes, almost to the point of misinformation.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

FIRST OFF 17A and 227 AND THE REST OF YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING AND KEEPING THIS THREAD ALIVE
    gecko and anyone else they are up to 1998 I just got the call--I asked as many questions as I could think of,, I had stuff written down (thanks again 227) I did not take the first section or 2 that were offered---I also told my rep that a guy I know was offfered seats yesterday in 318 but took seats in 307--thanks again for posting that--the rep then said "oh 318, "let me see what I have there"
    bottom line he started to talk about upper level lower row endzone seats, WHICH I DID NOT WANT when I told him about 307 and 318--here is what I was offered and asked about--I have 4 seats --so that was also an issue as some sections only had 3 together--read on This is what I was offered
    section 308 row 23
    section 309 can't remember what row
    I was told that 310,311, 312 are sold out
    was offered seats in 318,333
    334 row 21
    335 last row
    344 row 17
    I took seats in 343 row 20---up until last year I sat in 333 in the old place and these are those seats (but much higher ) and just to the left of where I was.
    He told me that 1 parking pass will be issued with these seats---I asked if I had chosen not to select seats would I have been slotted on the waitinglist--he said "there is no waiting list" and that they call you 3 times and if you do not choose seats or they do not get you you are in not so many words---beat! I hope this helps some of you and thanks again guys for posting and keeping us up to date! If I can think of anything else I will post it.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, don't think these things don't happen. It sounds like the BIL is unwilling to shell out money for the PSL, so the only way it works is for RowOne to give the PSL money to his BIL and then pay for his BILs 2010 season tickets next spring.

Either way, he is trusting his BIL to follow through on the sale to him. since his relationship with his BIL is built primarily on the fact that his sister is married to him, should they get into an ugly divorce situation, RowOne doesn't need the BIL dropping the ball on the payment due May 1 for the 2010 season.

There really is no way to set this up properly without having the BIL sign a fairly tight and well-written buy-sell agreement spelling out everything above, including the intentions and expectations of both parties in the contract. It can be done, but I'd almost want to have a lawyer write it up. You'd be amazed, RowOne, at how quickly things turn extremely ugly if a divorce should occur between now and March, 2011.

13. Section 227. Row 5

CBG, you did GREAT! I am in 342, Row 16, so you are only one section over from me and a little higher (my seats are on the 341 side of the section though). But hey, I thought you'd be much further out and in the corner somewhere up real high.

YOU DID GREAT MY FIREND! CONGRATULATIONS! AND DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE IF THE POLICE DEPARTMENT CALLS, BECAUSE YOU STOLE THOSE FUCKING SEATS! LOL

14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 we will have to hookup for a BEER or Soda or quite possibly up in the ALPS a hot Chocholate---keep in touch see ya in a year

15. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahaa... I can tell you're pumped! You did great, really great.

See fellas, there are still very good seats left, and 4 together is not easy. If some of you are looking for 3 or 2, you may do even better!

BTW, screw Woody Johnson.

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Imporant Information!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Even though 227 Yelled at me a few weeks ago cause I have better seats than him I will share this IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!

I like how that sounds, anyhow if you are currently unemployed due to recession the Jets will let you make a $100 deposit for 2010 tickets instead of $500.

Thats all folks, see you at game Sunday J E T S JETS JETS JETS

17. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

First off I also appreciate all the info being put up here. Its good to hear that there are still upper level seats remaining. Although i doubt any will be left OCT 3 theres still hope.

CBG you said that you were told there will be no "waiting list"? But i would imagine there would be some sort of list being that the uppers cant be transfered and they are non-psl seats.

Again thanks 17A, Section 227, CBG and the rest who have kept us updated here!

18. Section 227. Row 5

When did I "yell" at you, RowOne? I remember that I asked how you got Row One tickets for 2009 and expressed displeasure at the NY Jets for not having offered them to 25-year plus ticketholders, but I never faulted you for being able to grab them.

Maybe you're upset with me because I'm telling it like it is for you. This is the reality of it, sorry to say. My advice, if you're still interested in it and if you agree to not twist it into something mean-spirited on my behalf, as you apparently have done with my reaction to your purchase of Row One seats for 2009, is that you're better off buying YOUR OWN TICKETS DIRECTLY FROM THE JETS.

NOW I'm yelling at you!!!!! Break away already from the brother-in-law and buy your own non-PSL tickets directly from the NY Jets FO when they call you... and then they would be in your own name! And that would be my current advice (should you choose to accept it). You seem enamored to being subserviant to your BIL. For Christ's sake, find a way to release yourself from that bondage. He's only your BIL. Get your own tickets in your own name already.

As far as the $100 vs the $500, are you pulling our leg? Are the Jets pulling a "favoritism" thing again, this time for unemployed people? Please tell me this isn't so. I already sent in $2,000 for 4 tickets. Now some unemployed asshole can come along and send in $400 for a deposit for the Uppers.

Come on, you're playing with us now, correct?

19. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Looking over previous post it sounds to me that there are many seats still available in the UPPER END ZONES and UPPER CORNERS. To me this would be no problem as ive been sitting in this area for the past 4 years. Does this sound right?

20. MadBacker Prime

Where are your psl seats?

Mezz endzone were they??