17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i dont want the jets to be more popular than the giants. i dont care about that one bit but i sure would love a superbowl.

think of all the douchebags that the patriots fans have to deal with that are only fans since 2001, i dont want those fans as jets fans.

2. sect105

sect105 New Member

I have 1996 seniority, passed on the PSL. Took my three seats upstairs today sect 307 row 17 seats 13-15. There were seats available in 318 and some closer upper sections but higher rows.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

THANKS SECTION 105---- if u have the other sections,,please post em. I get the call on Tuesday

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

What do you guys think about the Mezzanine end zone sections that are covered, good location or too cavernous?

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Great for rainy days, and sun protection.

The view- A+, when the play is right there its the best seat in the house.

I'm sure some with disagree but even going the other way its nice seeing how the holes open and the different routes being run from the QB's perspective.

6. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

i am in 320 row 11 now. which i guess is higher than the mezz in the new stadium, but for perspective, i think the seats are awesome. when the passing plays unfold, or a back hits the hole u see it before they do. i love watching the game from that angle..

7. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Can we get an update on where they are on the NON-PSL'S. Anyone else get there call monday or be getting their call Tuesday. I got my email the other day stating that i should be expecting a call on OCT 2. I know theres little to no shot of getting a NON-PSL but just curious to know where they are at.

8. sect105

sect105 New Member

I believe that most if not all of the Upper Endzone seats are available. Personally, I do not like that view because it is tough to figure out how many yards are gained from looking at that angle.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I've had covered seats for 25 years and I like the cover. We've gone to many rainy-snowy games and when you're dry, you're still warm no matter what the temperature. If you get wet and the temps drop, good luck.

I'm up in the Uppers after this year, so it's back to the weather for me.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I've sat field uncovered my whole life, and it absolutely sucks when it Rains.
    One of us ends up with some type of illness after, lol.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, this is what I'm talking about. I've always felt bad for the guys wearing the garbage bags. You should see how filled up my section gets on a rainy day... people bailing on the open seats and sneaking into the covered ones. You can tell who they are though, because they're always wet.

12. GordonGecko

Don't be so pessimistic, I think you still have a shot at non-PSL's.

Does anyone know if the upper prime are filled up?

13. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

How much time from when they contact you do you have to select your seats?

14. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

my friend just bought a psl 2 seats lower end zone.
    he was 1995 seniority uppers left was last row of the sidelines
    high upper end zone too.

15. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

you can consider as long as you want. but while you think about the seats someone else is being offered the same ones too.
    1st to provide a credit card gets them.

16. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Not trying to be pessimistic just realistic. I was told months ago by my ticket agent that all NON-PSL's will be taken up by people with pre-1996 seniority. Hopefully thats not the case but if there up to the last row on the sidelines like 17A says i doubt any will still be left 2 weeks from now.

17. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Thanks for the info.

Heres a question worth being asked. What happens to the ticket holders who choose not to purchase a PSL??? Do they get the option of going back on the waiting list? And if they do. Do they get placed at the front end of the list or go all the way to the end??? I asked this question last year to the ticket office and they didnt have an answer.

18. GordonGecko

Great question, seems like the fair thing would be to rank people by seniority date of when you got on the waiting list but to grandfather in STHs who turned down PSLs

19. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

How bad was that Denver game last year. That $20 garbage bag they sold me didnt do much to protect me. Even my boxers were soaked.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Try to formulate a game plan ahead of time so you don't lose your valuable place in line. Doing this will help:

1) Stay close to this thread during the week prior to your date and try to find out what others just ahead of you were offered. By having current information you won't be caught off balance.

2) Figure out the finances ahead of time and determine what you can afford and what you want to do. Finalize your economic plan and make a decision, i.e., "I can afford this section but not these, no matter if really sweet seats are offered to me there."

3) Try to make a pre-decision concerning your seat selection, i.e., "I will NOT take EZ seats under any circumstances, but I WILL take corner seats and maybe sideline seats but not in the last rows." Decide for yourself if you want to be closer to the 50 (and higher) or further from the 50 (but lower). This is the trade-off and the two basic choices.

4) Even try to figure out which side of the stadium you'd like to be on (for parking purposes) and then study the seating chart sections ahead of time to familiarlize yourself with the numbered sections. Your rep will be throwing section numbers and rows at you, so be prepared to know what the hell he's talking about.

5) Have a pad an pencil ready along with the seating chart right in front of you.

By following some of the above steps (and even some of your own), you should be able to literally take the phone call and make a decision right then and there. I basically had my rep on the phone for about 15 minutes and narrowed it down rather quickly. Then I had him go back over the remaining 2 or 3 choices I had left after I crossed off all the others... then narrowed it to 2 choices, then one, and BINGO. Pull the trigger.

Nothing would be more frustrating than to have to call him back the next day and say, "Okay, I'll take the corner, Row 15!" and have him say, "Well, it's gone now. I can give you the corner but Row 22 now."