Crabtree - Niners file tampering charges against Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by asbcheeks, Sep 21, 2009.

1. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

I love that quote. He's taking the allegation as a serious slap in the face. Damn, I love Rex.

2. GreenMachine

Maybe we should change your name to "IWannaRexYouUp"

3. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

What is it that you like about Crabtree, the delusions of grandeur or his utter disinterest in playing football?

The guy is walking away from the opportunity to play for a serious playoff contender because he's still sore he didn't get drafted where he wanted. He didn't get drafted where he wanted because he turned off so many teams pre-draft.

I read an ESPN feature about him talking about how he'd run a 4.4 on one leg, littered with arrogant innuendo and a lot of talk about how much pizza this guy eats and how great he is. I haven't been more turned off about a player since I read that creepy article about David Boston's bizarre training regimen and social habits. We all saw how that turned out.

There is something seriously deluded about a guy who thinks that by holding out this year and acting like a complete moron, he's going to get himself more money. A guy with a head like that is probably not going to do much for your football team.

-X-

4. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I find it odd that the according to the article it says the Jets would be willing to pay Crabtree more than what the 9ers are offering. Suppose we pick 25th and take him there...there is no way he gets top 10 money. Suppose we trade down to 34 and 55? We take him there...again no way he gets top 10 money. It's a bs article .....

6. GreenMachine

The 49ers were caught tampering two years ago. They forfeited their fifth-round pick in the 2008 draft and switched third-round picks with the Bears after commissioner Roger Goodell said they tampered with Chicago linebacker Lance Briggs(notes).

Goodell said the 49ers violated the NFL’s anti-tampering policy by contacting Briggs’ agent, Drew Rosenhaus, about his client during the 2007 season. Niners general manager Scot McCloughan said at the time the team believed it acted “within the NFL guidelines.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...B?slug=tx49ersjetstampering&prov=st&type=lgns

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The very fact that Ryan said he thinks the charges are ridiculous means there is something there, however small it may be, and he is aware of what it is. Singletery had a similar response when asked about it saying only that the NFL will address it so he must know what it is too.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

really, the head coaches of each team know what's going on? I'm shocked. what other brilliant insights are you going to provide, perhaps Tanny and SF's GM also know what occurred, possibly even the agent?

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

BobGlauber Jets source flatly denies tampering charges leveled by 49ers re: Crabtree ... Source has never steered us wrong before.

10. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

why the hell would we tamper for crabtree? he can't be traded, and it's not like we can sign him behind SF's back. it just doesn't add up.

11. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

this seems dead on.

12. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

i rly hope these are bullshit

i want no part of crabtree, the guy is a good talent but players like him are cancer for teams

crabtree isnt a team player he only plays football because it pays alot and can get him jewlery and fancy cars, the recievers we have now are fine, cotchery is a good solid #1, and the rotation at #2 is plenty fine stuckey and clowney are both good, and dustin keller fills the pass catching TE role admirably

13. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

If Tannenbaum talked to Eugene Parker regarding some post-career deferred payments for Curtis Martin (an ex-Parker client), the 49'ers are going to think it's tampering.

The 49'ers are a dysfunctional franchise. The owner had to be removed in favor of his sister because of felony bribery charges. These allegations will be dismissed by Friday.

14. JetsKickAss

Good thoughts but Crabtree's rights can't be traded until next March.

But you're right that Parker is probably behind this...remember, he has a good relationship with Mike T. dating back to the Curtis Martin signing.

15. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Hell, even if they contacted Crabtree's agent, this will be impossible to prove. The 49'ers simply are asking the NFL to look into it. The Jets will be exonerated, because there is really no way to prove anything, unless they have a recorded conversation.

16. JetsKickAss

Don't forget, 49'ers have a weak GM who is on shaky ground (owners chose Singletary)....this is his way of making a name for himself. Even SF papers don't believe it.

17. 9erWoo

9erWoo Banned

Lol@ "even the SF papers don't believe it" Thats even more funny than Rex saying "I wish we were playing them". Coach sing, has already made a name for himself WTF does this have to do with making a name for himself?? Ur a idiot! Did u hear Rex on mike n mike? Sounded like a liar! Studddd-duhduh-ren and changing up a answer, went from it's 100% not true, to, well it's not accurate....LOL. Lay off the hot dogs Rex!

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

lol @ the niners troll

19. twown

twown Well-Known Member

he r not a idiot!

20. 9erWoo

9erWoo Banned

Lol @ your sorry ass team and fatt ### Coach.