Crabtree - Niners file tampering charges against Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by asbcheeks, Sep 21, 2009.

1. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Why would we Tamper with crabtree? We don't even play the Niners this year and we can't sign his ass anyway.

I like Mike S and hope the niners do well but this was classless on their part.

2. FalconJets22

FalconJets22 New Member

I was wondering the same thing?
    Is there a time limit as to when the niners can sign him and does he become a free agent after that?
    Otherwise what tampering can there be?

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Thats what it was, I didn't see the ND game was way too interested in the FL-Tenn game this weekend

As for Dez Bryant this season he's had some bad cases of drops this season but he potential far exceeds that at this moment with good coaching, he's explosive as hell man, but if I had it my way i'd def take him, Arrelious Benn, or Brandon LaFell, not too sure on Damian Williams yet

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm seriously wondering if this is Eugene Parker at work here. He's desperate to get Crabtree landed somewhere at this point, because his rep as an agent is going to crash through the floor if Crabtree sits out and gets a lesser contract after next year's draft - which is likely to happen. So Parker needs to find a way out where he winds up looking good in the player community's eyes.

So he has a few conversations with Tannenbaum about other things, tries to get Tannenbaum to do something, *anything*, that could be construed as tampering or back up the allegation. He then finds a way to leak back to the 49ers that this might have occurred and waits for the tampering allegation to be made.

Now he waits for the NFL to take up the process, knowing that the last thing the NFL wants is for this to get carried through to the end and wind up in official penalties. What he's looking for is the NFL to encourage the Jets and 49ers to work out a deal for Crabtree's rights that allows his client to finally sign somewhere this year, for 10 pick money or maybe just a little bit better, and let him and Crabtree both save face.

The NFL would have to grease the skids by letting the Jets use next year's first round rookie allotment in advance to sign Crabtree, without which they can't possibly do the deal, in return the NFL would probably fine the Jets a third round pick or something like that for the "tampering" that occurred at the beginning of the process.

It just smells really funny to me that Tannenbaum would have actually done anything to tamper with Crabtree when he can't possibly sign him even if the Jets trade for his rights due to the rookie allotment issue.

It also smells funny that the NFL's other GM's began bitching about the Jets just last week before the allegation broke. That's probably the grapevine getting them all the news that Parker made sure the 49ers got late last week.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yes, they have until November 17th to sign him and still have him play this year. It is too late to trade him. If they don't sign him or trade him after March 5th(first chance they can) then he goes back into the draft next year.

6. Don

That's a valid take on this whole mess. Seems something like that may have happened once before. I can't imagine the Jets would want to use a 1st and 3rd from next year to get this bum though.

#66 Don, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  7. ........

........ Trolls

The only problem is, any deal would have to wait until after the season. The 49ers can't trade him at this point, so releasing news of this nature in Week 2 hardly serves a purpose other than to deflect blame for the situation from the 49ers to a scapegoat.

8. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

I hope it's true. He's a damn good player.

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Did you even read the article? If the Jets actually did tamper, the team will be penalized - either we'll lose a draft pick or get a hefty fine.

BTW - any half decent wide receiver would look good in Texas Tech's offense.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

[​IMG]

i rest my case.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Hahahahahaha...

TakeMeHomeMichaelCrabtree

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

bwahaha!!

that's a win!

13. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Just for shits and giggles, Jerricho Cotchery is 7th in the league in receiving....fun fact for the day.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Tannenbaum hung himself when he sent Crabtree a Brett Favre Jets memorabilia gift basket.

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

you are the worst poster on this board, maybe ever.

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

hahahaha!! another satisfied customer.

17. firemanedjr

What I mean to say is, I hope the Jets are legitimately interested in bringing Crabtree aboard. Obviously, I don't want the team to be penalized, but if the Jets are able to acquire Crabtree, I'll be thrilled.

18. firemanedjr

I'm glad that your own life is so unfulfilling that you have to be a giant douchebag on a Jets message board. Are you really trying to insult me? Because it reeks of a lonely man's desperation.

19. Don

I really don't want Crabtree much more than I ever didn't want Marshall (and I said it that way because I felt like it)

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

it's official, the accusations are BS. Rex Ryan said so, and whatever Rex says is gospel to me. short of catching him in bed with my daughter, there is nothing he can do or say wrong at this point. and even then, maybe if he was being gentle I'd look past it.