Moss Disses Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DHarris52, Sep 21, 2009.

1. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

In his post game interview, Moss claims that Revis is "not one of the toughest corners he has ever faced". I guess thats why he had a whopping 24 yards. :rolleyes:

Moss goes on to say that he himself could be a shutdown corner in the NFL.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'll post the transcript as soon as the Pats' website releases it so those who cannot view links can check it out.

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm?ac=audionewsdetail&pid=39007&pcid=85

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't think Moss could have been more humble or respectful in defeat. He must have said "you have to give credit where credit's due" at least 5 times.

His comments about Revis were basically meant to say he didn't do it by himself. He meant there was safety help, double teams, zone coverage, pressure on the QB, and whatever else.

I don't see anything wrong with what he said at all.

3. CleanFernandez

CleanFernandez New Member

Yea that moron said he can play corner and be just as good as Revis. F Moss hes mad cuz he got Shut Down!

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Revis owned you Moss...take it.

Moss is giving a familiar speech that reminds me of:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_N1OjGhIFc[/youtube]

5. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Yo Randy Moss... Ima let you finsh, but Revis is one of the best CBs of All time. Jus saying.

Feck Moss. What about Oakland Randy?

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't really have a problem with that. Moss has an ego, he won't ever admit he was beat one on one... Whatever. He gives credit where it's due.

7. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Totally disagree.

He basically said "Eh, Revis is OK. Anyone can be a shutdown corner."

That's not being humble and respectful. That's being arrogant and a douchebag.

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah I have to agree who cares. Let them talk, the Jets ran their mouths quite a bit too. In the end the Jets won. Does it matter if Moss gives Revis credit or not? Everyone and I mean everyone knows Revis had an awesome game.

9. ShadeTree#55

He can't bear the load. When he has to be "The Man" he can't hack it. Take Welker away and he is easily taken out. His best years he was surrounded by great talent.

10. cassie96

cassie96 Member

That is exactly what Rodney Harrison said during half-time during the Giants/Dallas game. He said, "Revis did a wonderful job of shutting down Moss." He also said that "The Jets have a great defense."

11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Ok, so I watched all the postgame interviews and I saw everything Moss had to say. It's really quite a stretch to suggest that Moss "dissed" Revis. I agree with WhitShoeWillie, nothing he said was cause for concern or consternation.

12. ShadeTree#55

^ F Moss and the Pats.

13. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

I think you guys are taking this the wrong way. I'm not going to lose sleep over Moss's comments. I just find it comical that working against Revis he was such a non-factor and then comes out after the game and essentially says "Eh, I've seen better."

Like a few others have said, it's just typical Randy Moss.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The Patriots sure are classy

15. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Revis was straight cash homey. Straight cash.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07G23zMGa4g[/youtube]

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Why doesn't Randy Moss talk about how he quit on the ball in the Super Bowl?

17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know what you mean but I didn't get the impression he was trying to discredit anything Revis did. If that makes sense . . .

18. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

Moss got served big time. He doesn't remember the last time a defender took a catch out of his hands. Now he knows what it feels like when his lunch money was removed from his fingertips.

19. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Revis a shutdown corner? Moss doesn't think so...

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...-a-shutdown-corner-randy-moss-doesnt-buy-it/1

Darrelle Revis a shutdown corner? Randy Moss doesn't buy it

Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis has limited Andre Johnson and Randy Moss, two of the NFL's best receivers, to just eight catches and no touchdowns in New York's 2-0 start.

So does the pass defender rank with the NFL's elite now as a shutdown corner?

Not to Moss. The Patriots receiver, after New England's 16-9 loss on Sunday, shot down the description, via the Boston Herald:

"All week, he's talking about he's a shutdown corner. There's really no shutdown corners in the league because they have help for most of the game. I mean, I probably could play corner if I had (safety Brandon) Meriweather over the top for the whole game. I think I could be a shutdown corner."

But shutdown corner or not, Revis has limited Moss and Johnson (who had 10 catches for 149 yards and two TDs on Sunday) to having almost no impact in the first two games.

Said Revis of defending Moss (via ESPN), "If he went to the bathroom, I went with him. Even our sideline, when our offense was on (the field) I was sitting right across from him, wherever he was sitting on the bench."

Moss did credit the Jets and said he didn't want to take away from their victory. But Revis, a first-time Pro Bowler last year, said he won't let the win vs. the Patriots linger.

"You've got to have a short memory every week," he said, via ESPN. "I go up against the top wide receivers in this game, and as a secondary we do, too. It's our job to forget victories and focus on the next opponent." -- Sean Leahy

20. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

People can refer to Revis anyway they want, but IMO, he is one of the very best in the league.