How to beat the Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 20, 2009.

1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

is that good or bad?

2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Well said. It's the key to victory in this early season for the Jets.

3. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Attack. Attack. Attack. Thats what its going to take against the Titans. We need Jenkins to step up big to stop the run and we need to fill the gaps with our LB's to slow down Chris Johnson. The offense will have to attempt to establish the run and I expect them to put the ball in Sanchez's hands more so than the first half this week.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

obviously good lol

5. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Kick their teeth in. Make em pay for every inch. Bring in more paramedics, this time from Pakistan. If they smile, wipe that smile off period!

6. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

I'm not gay, but I would feel awful if I didn't say how disgusting this language is. Is this somehow considered acceptable?

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I'd recommend covering Chris Johnson when he lines up as a WR. The Texans kind of forgot to do that once for 69 yards.

8. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

Chris Johnson is a speed machine, he will be tough to stop, I wonder who we can match on him, it will be interesting, I watched Sproles hurt the Ravens today, but they were still able to keep him to the inside so I bet that will bne our strategy

9. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Same way we beat them last year, string out the running plays to the outside with Johnson and swarm on Lenwhale. Collins isn't going to beat us with his arm unless he's coming off of play action.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

It would be nice to see Bart Scott lay out Chris Johnson to end a game.

I saw Sproles get hammered down as if he ran into a wall.

11. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

They are playing a different Jets team this year and 0-3 is very much in play.

12. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I hope Gholston can keep the Gatorade bottles topped off.

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Line opens at Jets -2.5

Grab it while It's hot. This should be Jets -6 by Sunday.

we could start the first quarter of the season at 3-1...
    (Don;t know how the Aints game will go)

After that, we have a nice run of 2 vs. Mia, Jills @ Home, at Oakland..

I know it's a little early, but if we get to 6 or 7 by the bye,

12 wins is possible. (Figuring a loss in NE,a loss in Ind, and one more among the other 6)

We get a break by forcing Atl to play outdoors in Winter...

A little good luck and we are looking at playing for HFA throughout.

(I know....It's only two games....I just think this team, right now is as good or better than the the pre-injury Favre Jets...)

14. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I think there's several ways to beat them....

One comes naturally, and that's pressure Collins.
    Another one is there's 317Lbs of probowl missing from their defensive line, so the run game should open up for us and their secondary is not much better than who we've already played this year.

I didn't think they were all that great last year, to be honest. yeah, I know..10-0, but the changes they have made and not made certainly don't make them better this year.

15. jrock486

jrock486 New Member

this doesn't look like a good spot as titans are pissed about losing to the texans and now they're especially pissed that we beat them last year. this is really all or nothing for them..

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Looks like the Titans are pretty damn good against the run and horrible against the pass. We may have to let Sanchez air it out which is a bit scary this early in his career.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I disagree....Sanchez has made some timely throws which were pretty accurate.

He had some bad throws as well.......but this is clearly a case where the good outweighs the bad.

I say let him air it out.

18. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Stop their running game - that is the key to beating this team. On defense they are missing the fat man in the middle because they got no pressure on MS last week. They got lit up for 420 yards of offense. Make Collins have to stand in the pocket and make plays and when he does hit him.

19. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Chris Johnson gets huge gains when he takes the runs to the outside, so we might be seeing a lot of 46 defensive formations, or a lot Rhodes/Smith/Leonhard giving run support. If Jenks can take care of the runs up the middle, we could keep them in 3rd and long for a good amount of the day. Getting an early lead is key, since I expect the place to be loud once again, and they'll to abandon the run eventually.

People have already touched on a few key points. Collins does not move well in the pocket. We should be able to fluster him or at least get him to hear footsteps. Who's their #1 receiver for Revis to cover? Britt? Washington? Gage? It doesn't really matter since I don't see any of their receivers winning the matchup against our DB's. It's going to be interesting seeing this line handle their pass rush, and their DB's cover Cotch and Stuckey. Hopefully Sanchez makes all the right reads and throws.

I see a close game at first, but then we pull away towards the end with a couple of fumbles and picks, with a pick six to boot.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

We had the run to offset the pass. This week we may not which will make his passes that much more important. It was only luck that he didn't have 3 picks in game 1.