17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

My goodness, you do have a lot of time on your hands. I stand corrected, apparently I did refer to him as Justin. Oh well...

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

You done? I have time, yours says totally addicted not mine. I was raised to respect my elders so this I shall do.

Can we move on now and put our efforts at hating the Pats or Woody?

3. Section 227. Row 5

There was a time when I was thinking they might consider that... back when the eBay thing wasn't going well and they abruptly pulled the listings. But I think they are WAY too deep in this thing now and way over their heads... no turning back now.

About the only thing left is to sweeten the PSL sales with something... like guaranteeing ticket prices to be fixed for x-number of years, or interest-free financing or some such gimmick.

What I'm wondering about is, how in the hell are they going to get the lousier PSL seats sold eventually? I'm talking about EZ Sections, for example, in which the last rows are priced the same as Row One! Who the hell is going to pay the same PSL (and ticket price) for the last row in the Mezz corner, knowing the guy in Row One is paying the exacet same price? THAT is going to get very interesting, and then I'll be totally pissed if they start reducing those seats to get them sole, when everyone else with higher seniority might have gone for them were it not for the steep pricing.

4. baamf

baamf Active Member

Jeez, I thought school was back in session this week :cool:

A buddy of mine spoke with the ticket office. They are making calls for 1991 seniority this week. Beginning 1992 on this coming Monday. No word yet on what is still available in the uppers past what I posted when I selected a while back...

5. MadBacker Prime

My buddy was 1990 but got the call before the break, he said he had many options at that point throughout the stadium.
    My kids aren't old enough for school...:up:

6. jetzfan

jetzfan Member

I am suppoed to get called this Friday,,I've gotten several emails about it.

7. Section 227. Row 5

As many of us did, please (if you would) write down the options presented to you and let us know after you've selected yours.

It's been a huge help to others in this thread to know what is still available as of a certain date. TIA...

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I thought there were very few upper deck seats available. If that is the case then it sounds like the have 18 years worth of tickets holders that they are hoping want to buy PSLs...good luck.

9. Section 227. Row 5

I suspect all the discount shenanigans and total screw-job disregard for former loyal ticketholders is only going to only increase the desire for people to go into the Uppers and not pay the PSLs. If they're back to making the calls, it won't surprise me one iota if the recipients continue en masse to opt for the Uppers, no matter how high up the rows, until the Uppers are completely sold out and nothing is left but expensive, unsellable, lousy-row PSL seats downstairs.

Somebody is going to have to think long and hard about getting wrapped up in a PSL without having a prior clue from the FO as to how humungous a ticket price increase he's signing up for. The level of distrust has only accelerated with the recent, cockamamie, Crazy Eddie-like discounts for anyone who has waited. Who in their right mind is going to sign up for a PSL in the last row of the Mezz and pay $7500 for a PSL and $400 per ticket? You'd have to have your head examined.

10. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I thought you guys would like to know, that the Jets are having a cocktail party on 9/24 at the Racquet and Tennis Club on 370 Park Avenue. It's a big cocktail party with Woody and Namath, and they call it the "New 2010 Suite Experience."

Now, to start this off, I AM NOT the one it was sent to. The man who runs my company, who is a multi-millionaire, got a package from the Jets last week. It included a hard cover book about the history of the Jets, and a DVD. He's not even a sports fan. So he passed it down and eventually ended up in my hands, since I'm the only diehard Jets fan in the company.

So the Jets are now going into the phone book, looking at anyone in the tri-state area who makes (I'm just guessing here...) over $10mm per year, and sending them packages in the mail about the new stadium, and about suites. I find this an amazing waste of money.

Anyway, I replied to the RSVP in my name. I immediately got a phone call saying "these invitations are non-transferrable, and we don't recognize your name." I told him that my boss (which was a stretch) gave me the invite, and I was his guest. He finally said "Ok, but I hope you understand that we're screening these invitations so we don't have anyone's 'assistants' showing." THEN, without even knowing my status or even that I was a season ticket holder, tried selling me a PSL. He was persistent, that's for sure. I never told him that I've been a season ticket holder for 12 years, and going to games for the past 28.

Anyway, I thought you'd like this...that the Jets are now holding private cocktail parties, and hiring Joe Namath, in order to get these PSL's sold.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Hahahahaaa.... that's hilarious! Have some FREE drinks and eats on Woody for all of us and make sure you get Namath's FREE autograph!

This is getting so far out of hand it's pathetic. They are beating the bushes like there's no tomorrow.

12. MadBacker Prime

Maybe part of the JetBlue deal was that a certain number of JetBlue employees are obligated to purchase PSL's. lol

At this point nothing would surprise me. I'm tired of seeing WebAds on every sports related page. I think that's for the 09 season though. The Jets might as well hire scalpers for 09.

13. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

To be quite honest, I think the Jets are better off selling half season ticket packages for 2010, and building in the PSL price to the ticket. So, for instance, instead of your ticket being $115 face, you pay $140 face. I would think that people would be more inclined to do this for 4 games, as opposed to locking into a PSL for 30yrs. Woody gets the same money, his only risk is that he can't find enough people to do this in 2011, 2012, etc. They need to find more ways to make it affordable, instead of looking for money under a rock.

14. MadBacker Prime

That's a interesting idea, Woody won't be able to admin failure though.

I know I've stated this before but the Patriots didn't even charge PSL's and that was right in the middle or start of the "dynasty". Our Jets haven't won since I was in my dads nut suck and we get charged.

I wish Mr. Hess was still here.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i think that was what the patsies decided to do. charge more on a game by game basis and forgo the whole psl fi fuckin asco.

sure money today is alot better than money tomorrow but pissing off your entire fanbase really isnt worth any amount of money.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Well ticket prices for decent seats will already be $750 and the PSL for that seast will be $20,000. What do you suggest they charge?

17. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

You got me there, Don! I guess we could charge $900 each? Those seats are so ridiculous, I try and forget that they are even there...

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Did you here that the Pats game is not sold out. I can't believe it!!! What's gonna happen if we go 3-9 for all the games in December. Better yet, what about next year with the PSL's. Never thought the PSL's would effect this years sales. Great job Jet fans, lets hope there are some games blacked out in NY. Fuck the NFL, greedy bastards. I can't believe they are blacking out the Lions with Det. unemployment at 25% and the product a piece of shit. Remember Godell, the Roman Empire fell.

19. Section 227. Row 5

I've stated it many times, but the PSL for my current seats in the Mezz is $7500 plus $400 per game. That would be $30,000 up front (four seats) and $1600 per game to take my family to ONE GAME. Completely insane. And no assurance the seats won't go to $500 per game (or $2,000) in several years. And if they did, I can't walk away because I've got 30 Large tied up and I'm screwed!

No, I've got plenty of other things to do with that kind of money. My kids have all graduated college and now I've got two grandchildren already. They're struggling, like all young couples today. What kind of message would I be sending to my kids if I pissed that kind of money away on Jets tickets and didn't put something aside to help put my grandkids through college? I mean, seriously. This PSL bullshit is for extremely rich people. I've done okay for myself in my lifetime, but there comes a point where its the principle of the thing too. WAY too much money.

I'll be happy up in Section 342 in 2010.

20. MadBacker Prime

That is a disgrace!

The NFL is more popular then ever and with the bargaining agreement and these potential blackouts they're setting themselves up for failure.

I hope the salary cap is gone so our beloved NY market can finally push the Jets further.