Kerry Rhodes tweets about something big

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, Sep 6, 2009.

1. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

When it stated every true JET fan would be excited, that didn't give it away that it was actually referring to a airplane not the Jets. As far as former Jets getting involved , its been noted over the years how the Jets have shunned their alumni - Ryan has tried to change that as he has deep roots with this team stemming from his father's coaching days with the team.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

'Severely diminished' over a Twitter post? Get the fuck over it, dude. Players represent the team and the team is a marketable product. This is, after all, a capitalist society.

3. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I post comedic brilliance and this is what you find funny? My vision of you is now severely diminished.

4. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

O i think i have it now ....Brandon Marshall will be flying in on a JETBLUE airplane jump out and surprise everyone...haha

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Well played, JJ. :up:

6. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Scooooooorreeee!

7. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I just looked at ChrebetBoy's tweets that led up to Kerry saying "u may be right!!! (hint hint)" This kid is practically unbearable. He asked everyone with any remote link to the Jets if they believed Marshall was going to be a Jet. Even Jets players were asking him what he was talking about, including Sanchez, who one would assume would know before Rhodes, or at least at the same relative time.

Rhodes' first mistake was talking to the kid in the first place. Before the shitstorm, Rhodes made a comment that he'd give up Harris for Marshall. Then this kid came up with the "fact" that Clemens was being traded for Marshall after the Jets got O'Connell. He said it to Rhodes, Ihedigbo, Revis, Schefter, HolyJoeNamath, thejetsblog, JasonLaCanfora, Mangold, Stuckey, e_man, tloft89 is where he really goes off the deep end and says: "yea, its becoming a fact. Jets are getting marshallGiving up picks and either O'connel or clemens." I just stopped reading his tweets at that point, but he kept going.

This kid created this entire shitstorm. Rhodes played into it a little bit, but this kid is the one that created it. He fed this thing as news to anyone who would (or even wouldn't) listen.

All Rhodes said was "u may be right!!! (hint hint)" [emphasis mine]. Blaming Rhodes for people taking this thing and running with it is ridiculous and shows exactly why the internet has made a mockery out of the mockery that was already modern journalism.

8. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

On the contrary, I'm going to follow Twitter religiously now.

9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

All twitter has done is prove Rhoades to be an idiot. Go watch some film on the Texans your fuckin douchbag!

#669 Jersey Joe 67, Sep 8, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  10. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Sorry, but I think this is the funniest thing to happen in a long time. Mind you, I did get caught up in the excitement fo a little while too. But what the hell were we, as fans, thinking? Funny.

11. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

That's it, I'm burning all of my chrebetboy memorabilia.

ChrebetBoy is now 0-1 in bringing us a new WR.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Is this for real?

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Thank you. At least someone around here has their head on straight.

14. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Haha, yeah. That's the reaction I'm looking for!

15. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

at first i was pissed off but im in class at rutgers right now laughing like crazy. this is fuckin ridiculous... theyre not even talking about stadium naming rights.

16. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

The Broncos were already throwing up flags about tampering. And then Rhodes has inside info on a trade? Can you imagine the shit storm?

I bet ChrebetBoy is that Dawson's Creek looking little fuck in the draft day clip. Flipping his hair back in disappointment. ghey

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

This whole situation reminds me of that scene in A Christmas Story....where Ralphie gets all horned up when his decoder ring shows up in the mail....and when he finally decodes the message...it's nothing but a shitty commercial ad for Ovaltine.....hahaha! classic.

Kerry Rhodes...you are a master of deception :smile: :rofl2:

18. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

LOL yes Be Sure to drink your ovaltine.

19. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

1:00 pm??!!!! WTF!!

I ran downstairs in my feety jammies this morning like a kid on Christmas morning, pulled up this thread, only to find out I have to wait until this afternoon for Rhodes' mysterious secret?!! That ain't right. My whole day is ruined.

EDIT: Heh. I see MB caught the Christmasy theme also. :up:

20. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

whats with all the trashtalk on rhodes? this has nothing to do with him as a player, and probably 99.9 % of the ppl on here dont know him personally or have a personal opinion on him for that matter.

i see the scenario as this, he thought it be funny and all he had to do was spend a few seconds of his time and push a few buttons on his phone and the ppl who salavate over this twitter BS will go nuts.

it worked, if it is just about this jet thing, this is hilarious.