Kerry Rhodes tweets about something big

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, Sep 6, 2009.

1. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

That has been discussed but then what would the stadium be called for non football events? How many different names can one stadium have? Sounds like too much to keep track of

2. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

He needs to do more twittering with monique510 and less twittering with januaryman99.
    And if he's really losing his composure with januaryman99 and co. over twittering - there's a chink in the armor. And it twitters. Hopefully there are some guys on our team who will still roundhouse kick you if you ask them, "Do you twitter?"
    This gets my vote for thread of the year!

3. Drew

Drew Active Member

Giants Stadium every other occasion but Jets games.

4. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

You aint kidding, this is probably the funniest thread this offseason for TGG

5. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

Then the giants will still lay claim to it as their own

6. Sinjz

Sinjz Active Member

Probably JetBlue buying naming rights to the stadium. Works for both the Jets and Big Blue (Giants). More money in the owners pockets; possibly more money to sign players and that's how it's good for the fans (in Rhodes opinion anyway). That's my take on it. There's no reason to think Rhodes would have the inside scoop on any trades. He's a player, not management.

7. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

Rhodes is trippin'!

8. allan1

allan1 Active Member

"The Kerry Rhodes Bowl"

9. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Over time, why don't we just deliberately drop the "blue" and start calling it Jets Stadium. That'll piss off the smurf fans.

10. Obey The D

Obey The D Active Member

They'd probably be pissed off with it being named "Jet Blue Stadium" simply because Jet comes first in the name.

11. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Bringing Jet Blue into this really wilted my threadboner.

12. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

The only time i ever had one in this whole soap opera was when rhodes responded "you could be right (hint hint)" to someone who said "were getting b marshall" after that........... i lost it (though still would love to hear about a new leon contract)

13. EAF29

EAF29 Member

To anyone else that hates having to go watch the Jets at home at Giants Stadium, this actually would be pretty cool but I don't know if it hits the level of "big news."

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i can't be;ieve one tweet caused 31 pages of speculation and anger.twitter will kill society

15. Obey The D

Obey The D Active Member

Although he did say that if you're a true Jet fan you'll be happy with the news, which could mean not having to tell people your team plays in Giants Stadium.

If Kerry didn't want to piss off a bunch of people yesterday, he could have simply said that the news wasn't personnel related and left it at that. But instead he throws out the you could be right (hint hint) comment and sent quite a few people into a frenzy.

16. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

I agree. I know it sounds kinda ridiculous, but now I'm hoping that Rhodes doesn't lose his focus on Houston because some asses are tweeting him, giving him a hard time about what he wrote.

17. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Kerry Rhodes is the man, BUT, he should've specified.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

When companies pay big money for naming rights they want their name on the stadium as well as everything inside the stadium right down to the toilet paper. You can't possibly have naming rights for just 8 games a year unless they are paying about $10 a game for the "privilege".

19. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

cannot believe this thread is still going.. and basically has nothing to do with what we originally started with.. but i guess when you go through 31 pages.. you cant exactly stay on topic.. Now i cant wait till the news is announced and despite 31 pages of assumptions and opinions about what this announcement is going to be.. no one is right... or even better.. there is NO announcement and rhodes just deletes his twitter account and pretends it never happened.. but we'll all see tomorrow..

20. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Wow...the season couldn't start quick enough. We really do seem desperate. Get over it guys. Just wait n see what Rhodes has to offer...this is actually getting a little stupid now and Rhodes will definately leave some unhappy campers...