**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt the Jets got O'Connell to be part of a Marshall trade. The Broncos could have just dealt with the Lions themselves if they really wanted the guy. And you have to figure the Lions contacted all the teams that made claims to gage interest.

2. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Nice avatar; the helmet needs a beard like Z-Z Top.

3. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

There really isn't a point in having four young QBs on one team... If anything we need a vet to mentor some of our young QBs. This trade seems meaningless if the Jets aren't deciding on something(trade) or if Clemens is hurt. Or maybe he has some valuable information about the Pats, but what makes the Jets think he will reveal that information so easily. He is still young and knows he won't jump over Sanchez for the starting position and if he just reveals information about other teams then he will hurt his future with other teams.

4. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

What reason would the Jets need 4QB's on roster? O'Connell is trade bait. You don't trade a draft pick for him just so you can have 4 QB's.

The helmet needs a long ass tongue!

#1044 VegasMav, Sep 7, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Wow eight months of rumor after rumor. The season really needs to start already.

6. Capt. Spaulding

Capt. Spaulding New Member

Kind of interesting as well. KC has QB issues.Kind of. And Mgmt has NE ties. O'Connell and _______(fill in blank) for the aformentioned D W A Y N E.

7. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Tall order, but I can see this happening too, but would think he comes at a higher price tag than Marshall.

8. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Are you kidding? KC has 3 quarterbacks already on the roster who are better than Kevin O'Connell and they just paid Matt Cassell huge money this offseason.

They aren't trading their #1 wideout for Kevin fucking O'Connell.

9. Capt. Spaulding

Capt. Spaulding New Member

Cassell was hurt and the other 2 weren't Pats last year. If he thought highly enough to go after one back up as a sterter then why not go after one for a back up?

10. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Because he has Thigpen and Croyle, who have both proven that they can start in the NFL (albeit without a ton of success.) You could maybe convince me that they would want to trade a 5th rounder for O'Connell, not Dwayne Bowe.

#1 wideouts don't get dealt for #2/#3 quarterbacks.

11. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

KC didn't even put a waiver claim in on him, so they must not have been too interested.

12. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Add a draft pick in there, 1st or 2nd rounder.

13. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Last year Bowe had 1,022 receiving yards, well more than Jerricho Cotchery.

Would you accept a trade of Andrew Walter and a 2nd rounder for Cotchery? Now consider how much more valuable Bowe actually is, and realize how stupid this proposal is.

14. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

I dont know much about dwayne bowe.... would you rather have him then marshall?

15. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Yes. He's put up great numbers with vastly inferior QB play, he isn't going to sabotage the team to get a new contract, and he isn't beating up his girlfriend off the field. I'd take Bowe over Marshall any day of the week.

16. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

I'm praying that Marshall comes to the Jets, but I just don't think it will happen. Denver accused the Jets of tampering, and the Jets are in the same conference.

I wouldn't mind the Jets getting Edwards either. And we know Mangini is willing to work out deals with our team.

17. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

OK so how far off is it from asking for a 1st and David Harris? I think the Broncos need a QB more than anything. You're also talking about a guy that wanted Cassell over Cutler. So please, before you use the word stupid when defining what you believe is "value" try to look at the whole picture. It could be more than one pick and one player.

18. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhh !!!!

We don't need this cancer on our team! I wouldn't give up a sack of footballs to get him. I can't believe how many of you guys are actually interested in getting this guy. YES ... he can play ... but SO WHAT??? He's a bad seed and nothing but trouble. These kind of guys are not winners, and they NEVER change.

Just take a look at his history. Are you kidding me??????

Don't you wonder why we're the only team that's interested in him???? It's no wonder this head-up-their-ass franchise hasn't sniffed a Suerbowl in 40 years!

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I would doubt we are the only team interested in him. If Denver were to announce today that he was available you would see the line develop quickly.

20. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

That "goody goody" attitude of the Mangini and Edwards years is precisely what has kept us out of contention and I, for one, am sick of it.