**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

Appreciate the info and that makes a lot of sense strategic wise in the draft. How many franchise WRs do you anticipate entering next years draft? Also do you see Brandon Spikes as the only potential big time ILB or is there more depth than him? Thanks in advance.

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

McDaniels has very little leverage. The Jets don't need to make a deal for BMarsh. Broncos need to get rid of him. The Broncos are doing what any negotiator would do: make a ridiculous opening offer, see how far the Jets will come, see if any other teams are interested and then make the best deal possible ASAP. The Jets should of course reject the notion of Harris being involved and counter w/a 3rd rd pick for BMarsh + Gholston.

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Can't see Rex giving up Harris.

I don't see alot of quality at ILB in 2010's draft except for Spikes and Rolando McClain. IMO, Harris is a much better run stopper than Spikes. Spikes is a good run stopper and excellent in coverage (better than Harris)......something we already have in Bart Scott. Harris and Scott are the perfect compliment.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I don't see where anybody from Denver is being quoted that they want Harris. Schefter was speculating earlier today about Harris and now all of a sudden it's a fact. He has become another ESPN shill making up the news as he goes.

5. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I've said this often.

Proven players are more valuable than unproven draft picks.
    It's not rocket science.

but, you have to really think hard about it. Ther's no way you can have a prick like Marshall in Sanchez's ear all day. Unless he pulls a Moss...

6. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Schefter has people.

7. Don

The Jets don't seem to be worried about it.

8. Don

Yeah..and ESPN pays his check. Just sayin..at 5 PM he was saying that Denver would want somebody like a Harris and a pick..now he is saying they want Harris and a pick. Too much of a coincidence.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i don't know what your tryin to do but tanny doesn't really listen to us

10. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Schefter has been pretty accurate with his schill speak as far as I know.

11. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I don't want to hijack the thread, so I'll list it quick WRs, Dez Bryant, Arrelius Benn, Damian Williams, Brandon LaFell, and ILB Spikes, Rolando McClain and Micah Johnson all quality players. Go to the draft forum for more on these guys.

12. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

According to the Post, the Broncs want a first rounder and more, and the Jets therefore are not interested.

That said, if the price goes down, and if they have the opportunity, look for the Jets to make a move.

The receiving core, apart from Cotch and Keller, is a BIG question mark. This is potentially a BIG problem. And Marshall is well beyond exceptional. He is a bonafied star. I think the Jets understand these two things.

The Jets are not playing this season to lose or to have a decent record. If you think otherwise, to put it plainly, you're wrong. They are planning on getting to the playoffs and more. And they almost have the team to do it. Almost.

That's why the Jets will, if the price goes down, make a play for Marshall.

And remember, the Jets said they were okay with the qb's being Clemens and Ratty. They're saying the same exact thing about their wr's now. That is the right way to play the game [Note the Yankees and Texiera].

If the Broncos give the Jets the opportunity, and if the price is right, Woody and Tanny will pull the trigger -- as they should.

13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

First......Don't believe anything that comes from McDaniels. A day before Cutler was traded, he said....."Cutler is a Bronco, we aren't trading Jay"....McDaniel is an arrogant SOB. He and the Denver organization lied to Marshall......they said they were going to get him a new deal.

A trade may happen and the further this gets drawn out the better for the Jets.

I wouldn't give up anything more than a 2nd rd and 4th rd pick.......no 1st no way.

#493 WW85, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  14. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

If the price is right they totally should pull the trigger. That's the problem; thus far the only offers being mentioned are on the high side of costly.

15. Don

Every news source has a different theory on what the Broncos want and what the Jets are willing to pay. Obviously it is all bull concerning the Jets because then it WOULD be tampering.

16. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Great compliments, yes WW, but that was something I've been thinking about too. Ryan seems to like players that can get to the football with some speed in the middle of his defense. Lewis and Scott were two guys that can move to the action, and they replaced Scott with Tavares Gooden, another speedy LB. I'm not too sure if Harris is the type of LB that Ryan really wants in the middle of his defense.

17. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Good point!!!

I heard Tanny's interview on Fatcessa last week and Tanny seemed open to looking at getting a WR before opening day. Tanny also said the day before the draft it was unlikely the Jets would trade #17. Take with a grain of salt........smokescreen city!!

#497 WW85, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  18. RedWhiteBlue&Green

If the Broncos are looking for a draft pick or picks, they could potentially wait this out until the beginning of the season -- but I think it'll happen much sooner than that. A clue would be if they begin looking at other wr's.

So it's early in the game now. At some point, the Broncos GM will be calling the Jets and others on D-Day to find out exacly who's willing to part with what. If it comes down to giving a first round pick, I think the Jets will take it. But I think it will be more like what others are saying, a second and a fourth.

I guess it all depends on how many other teams are in the mix. I have a feeling not that many. In the end, it may be down to the Jets and Giants, and unfortunately for this trade, the Giants are in the other conference, which would make them the favorite. Question is, do the Giants take a potential disaster right after what they had with Plaxico? Hmmm....

19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Good point!! You have to think out of the box with Rex's defense and yes...Harris isn't a fast coverage LB. I still think trading our leading tackler the last 2 years...even when missing 5 games is crazy. Who's going to replace Harris in the middle.....Westerman? Can't see us giving up DH!!

20. RedWhiteBlue&Green

Harris is not going anywhere, not for Brandon Marshall or anyone! Bart Scott and Harris are looking forward to teaming up on the Jets and kicking butt! Harris is gonna have a great year, and the Jets will not be willing to part with that.