**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

3rd or 4th rounder and cash thats it. if we we had to deal

2. RAGINGVILMA

RAGINGVILMA New Member

I think the wr position is deeper with guys like benn,bryant,lafell, williams but the MLB who is nice is brandon spikes. What if we trade harris and draft spikes? nah I like harris too much

3. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I would say that the Jets are a lot more hard pressed to acquire a top flight wide receiver than the Patriots of that year were. They had just what you said, a championship team already in place. Not to mention, of the players in question, Brandon Marshall, pre-Oakland Moss, and post-Oakland Moss, BM and pre-Oakland Moss have quite a big advantage over post-Oakland Moss.

4. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

What did NE pay for Moss?

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

This is a negotiation, so the first offer is never taken.

6. HuDanny

HuDanny New Member

lol i jumped in this thread thinking of how many people would be thrilled that we might FINALLY have a reciever for Sanchez besides Cotch & Keller and I found the complete opposite. In my eyes I feel that a pro-bowl receiver would be much more valuable to us than a 2 down backup mlb. Yes he is versatile but he is also easily replaceable. If we give up Harris and possibly a 2nd or 3rd round pick that leaves us with a first to use to replace Harris. If anyone has done there homework you will see there are no recievers coming out of college anytime soon that look to be the caliber player Marshall is. I think this is a no brainer. If anything the Broncos are getting robbed in this one.

7. Green Hurricane

There are a lot of WRs that should be coming out next year, but when you talk about the value that these players have, it's just much easier to find better value and better fits with ILBs than WRs. In general, at most one ILB goes early on, in the top 12 or so picks, but for the most part they don't start going off the board until late first/early 2nd. You could see the top 4 or 5 WRs taken early in the first next season, but a team picking late in the first could have their pick of the ILBs (outside of Brandon Spikes).

8. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

well we know that deal isn't getting taken

9. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

Check this guy's IP. Is he from Denver by any chance? He just joined today. haha. Just wondering.

10. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

4th rd pick

11. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Giving up Harris is going to make an already hard first 4 games of the season, that much harder. With the exception of the Texans, you can probably pencil in a loss. Some people even think the Texans game is going to be a L.

So here we have a rookie QB, with a wide receiver that has been injured and suspended, and hasn't even really played with the first team thus far, try to outscore opposing teams with a D that's missing 3 starters. Harris has looked pretty damn good in the preseason. Wait until the full blitz package is unleashed.

Then on top of it, you give away a 1st round pick with it, so when you try to establish some depth at key parts of your team, you aren't in the first round, and you can't even trade down for multiple picks.

12. Green Hurricane

A fourth rounder, I'm afraid I don't see where you're contradicting my point. I'm saying the Jets situation is closer to the Raiders dealing for Randy than the Pats.

13. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

Harris has already shown promise and Marshall has already shown trouble.... We aren't going to go too far this year so why not wait it out and keep harris.....

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I just read the Broncos want David Harris in the deal. HELL NO.

15. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

no one is mentioning that there is in fact videotape of marshall acting like an ass and all of america has seen it. not like he was suspended and it was just reported.everyone has a visual of him kicking the ball and telling the ballboy to go get it.

we have the upperhand.

besides its denver who traded cutler for orton

16. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Yep, a LATE 4th round if I'm not mistaken. So, NE had a championship caliber team, and the only thing they needed to do was send out a 4th round pick to get a wide receiver that could have been a hit or miss.

It's 2 completely different scenarios.

NE stood to lose nothing. The Jets are being asked to send away someone that figures to be a big part of this D, this year AND a 1st round pick.

17. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Personally, I think David Harris is a bona fide stud. Looks to me that he can and will become a top 5 type linebacker in this league, barring injury. I'd have a hard time letting him go in ANY trade.

18. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

We're not including Harris on any potential deal. The Jets will have a counteroffer.

19. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Yep a 4th. The Jets don't have the luxury of the price being asked, that's my point. NE, which is who the original statement was regarding, had the luxury.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

My counter offer to that ridiculous deal would be a bag of dicks.