**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

If Pace avoided his suspension...and Gholston actually knew how to play football......a Harris/Marshall straight-up deal...I could live with. Provided that there were stipulations in Marshall's impending contract that tie into his behavior problems.

But we don't live in a perfect world.....and Harris is MORE valuable to this franchise at this point...than Marshall.

2. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

we need to really try to entice the broncos to get this guy. i feel a star receiver like marshall is what we need to be a true contender and gain some respect on offense. i love cotchery but could you guys imagine

#1 Marshall
    #2 Cotchery
    #3 Stuckey
    #4 Clowney

i would trade kellen, gholston, a 2nd round pick and a conditional future pick in 2011 for him...any thoughts? josh mcdaniels needs to get his head out of his ass...we BETTER not get rid of harris, thats for sure

3. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

it really is the perfect fit. like i said before kellen is gone at the end of the season anyway so why not send him off now

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Nobody in their right mind (including the idiots in Denver) would touch this paperweight's contract..........

5. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

I definitely agree. I really don't know if I like the idea of losing Harris. Yes, if other players, read: Gholston, were holding up their end of the deal, then it is easier. But Harris is a beast on defense as it is right now. I'm not so sure that's the guy to give up.

6. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

David Harris is a future Pro-Bowler. I love the guy, and would be PISSED to see him go.

7. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

the jets won't mess with this defense. who's going to play LB if we traded him? Larry Izzo? Trusnik? LOL! Not gonna happen!

hopefully it's true they actually want harris for him and eventually they'll just lower their demands and take the draft picks.

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

WTF????
    And you.

9. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Give then Gholston, oh nobody want him either.

I would give then a 1st for Marshall if they would take Clemens and Gholston too.

10. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

brandon marshall is worth it...hes top 5 receiver in the league...its only a pipe dream we get him tho..whatever ha

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I wouldn't. I would give them a conditional 4th than can jump up to a 1st, KC and a 4th that can jump up to a 2nd. Nothing more than that. The guy apparently is a nutcase. I didn't even read about all those law trouble he had been. The way Goodell is now a days, he'll suspend u for anything.

12. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Yeah, but u wanna give up KC, Gholston (who showed signs of improvement), 2nd, plus another conditional? Thats way too much.

13. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Only because of the 2nd!

14. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

gholston hasnt shown signs of anything in my opinion..that sack he had on david carr was against 2nd and 3rd stringers...i saw more out of westerman (when he played with the starters) than ive ever seen in gholston..also, ainge should have got more time with the 2nd team because i think his potential is better than KC...

i just think the addition of marshall makes us an instant threat in the AFC east..at least teams would have to respect the pass more especially with us having a rookie qb...teams right now will stack 8 in the box and stop our run game and force sanchez to beat them, and sanchez isnt at that level...but at least with marshall it gives sanchez another option that teams would HAVE to respect..

15. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

They need a QB desperately and they don't even know it yet. McDaniels is doomed.

16. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I'm sorry, I think David Harris is a good player, but if he has to be in the deal for Marshall, I think the Jets should be willing to really think about making that sacrifice. I know what Harris' role is with Rex's defense is, and its an important one, however I really struggle to think how this offense can succeed without a true #1 wide receiver.

Is Marshall a headcase, yes, absolutely, but he's also one of the most productive, and consistent wide receivers in football. The man's played 31 games over the past 2 years, caught less than 5 passes only seven times. Our #1 receiver had eight last year alone.

If the offer was Harris for Marshall straight up, it's not even close who should get the nod based on talent alone. Marshall is now what Harris likely never will be, a top five player at his position. It also just so happens that the Jets are in dire need of a top of the line wide receiver, someone that can help our young QB actually gain some confidence early in his career.

Most importantly, if they stand pat and look for their #1 receiver next year, how long before they start seeing big time results from them? 2011? That's well and good, but the Jets could very well be starting up another rebuilding process by then. Based on the past, a rookie ILB who just happens to be next to one of the better ILBs in football in Bart Scott has a much higher chance of success early on than a rookie wideout would (especially considering the comparative value for WRs and ILBs in the draft), giving us a better team next year for it (Marshall should be a RFA if not resigned, I believe).

Now, if draft picks are involved, obviously that needs to be factored in. That's not what the above post is about. I'm just saying that as good as DH might be, Marshall would provide the Jets with a better chance to win over the next two seasons, at least, and also be something for gang green that they've spent a decade trying to find.

#376 Green Hurricane, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The logic behind giving up a draft pick for Marshall is that you'd be giving up an unknown for a known in order to augment the roster already in place. Why the hell would we give up a known for another known who happens to also be a headcase?

18. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

absolutely screwed. he actually NEEDS clemens. it would actually be a good deal for them.

19. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Yets look at what is and not what could be in Jet fairy land.

KC has started 8 games and after 3+ seasons in the same offense couldn't beat out a rookies and should be lucky to still be the #2 since our 2nd year QB has looked better.

Gholston was a #6 overall pick who even though healthy all season only had 16 tackles. This year he is getting beat by a FA rookie who should and still could be named the actual starter game one.

A 1st round pick is nothing but a shot in the dark and we have had just as many non-starters as starters.

Now as for Marshall he is without a doubt a top five receiver in the NFL and has not and will not be suspended for anything he has previously done. As for the future he is as much of a risk as Ellis and Pace who have been suspended by the NFL and will be hurtiing this team come game one.

Get the deal done, but I don't want Harris to be traded.

20. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I repsect your points and somewhat agree, to an extent anyway, but I think DH is going to be more and he's needed right now. For our O to succeed it's going to rely heavily on our D and to drop someone who is already an integral part of our D to get a WR seems like a stretch.