**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

And before you know it, you end up with the Raiders

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Id be hoping more for a superbowl win...and I think every Giants fan felt the same way about Plax once they won.

Everyone thought Randy Moss was an incident away from being locked up, but you have to take some risks. Marshall is no TO in terms of personality and hes still young, so he could change

3. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

If we picked up every player that people wanted Tanny to "Get er done" on, we'd have no draft picks for 10 years and a bunch of injured and jailed assholes.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That's when you turn the TV off. Still, we have no control so why worry about it?

5. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

If Denver took a QB in the trade they would want Aigne as of the players now not Clemens. No one wants Clemens!

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

Don is in the lead for the 2009 Kotite award!

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

How does it not hurt fans if the team cannot build through the draft or pay all its players? That's a very short sighted point of view.

8. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Don, I look forward to Sunday every week. I get bummed when the season is over. I gave up on the Kotite's last year. I don't want another shitty team. I want to watch the Jets play solid football. Not football that requires Ativan to be tolerable. I love football. It's not as simple as turning off the TV and not giving a shit. Whether its on the darkside or the homer side..I just wanna watch football.

9. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

like the knicks

10. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

God, the Knicks are impossible to watch anymore.

I miss Starks, Oak, Patrick, Mason, Grand-mama, even Charlie Ward haha. Chris Childs was the tiki doll that brought bad fortune. And Jim Fuckin Dolan.

I loved working at Cablevision, but jeez, what a shit bag.

11. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Draft picks are way over rated! They are a crapshooot and you are lucky if half of the picks you get make the roster and two turn into starters.

A pick for a proven player is a steal.

We have wasted many picks and tons of cash on platers like Robertos Clemens and Gholston, I want a sure thing so get this deal done!

12. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Top draft picks are overrated.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

Tell that to the teams who are perennial superbowl contenders!

You need solid depth in December and January when players tend to break down and the games mean more. Those 2nd - 4th, 5th rounds are gold if you can get solid players. They don't require a huge salary while they're in their rookie contracts.

If he weren't such a risk I'd agree w/you more but the huge risk here is you're giving up pick(s) & player(s) for someone who is likely a short term rental.

#333 WhiteShoeWillis, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  14. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Bingo. Willie gets it. Listen up.

15. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

People act like this nutjob drunken girlfriend beating dude is somehow a lock. As if he is suddenly guaranteed to transform himself into a fine upstanding citizen once he gets to new jersey . Marshall is most likely going to be suspended by Goodell.

16. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Re: Marshall's character. The debate reminded me of this post from October of 07:

Very funny post. And I'm not advocating Marshall's behavior be ignored. To the contrary, I think his penchant to beating on women is far worse than what Michael Vick did to dogs. AND I worry that being in a city like New York (well, near a city like New York) will tempt this fool to getting into trouble. However, he is an amazing talent, and if by some chance we can harness that and have him grow WITH Sanchez, it would be nice.

All of that said, if we give up anything higher than a 3 (unless it's conditional), I'll puke!

17. ........

........ Trolls

OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF

This deal ain't happening. Here's the latest from ESPN and Schefter as to what the Broncos are demanding:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors

Yeah, I can really see them compromising and doing this deal for Kellen and a pick if their current asking price is Harris and a pick. The Broncos can shove that one right up their ass.

18. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Oh fuck that! Agreed!!!!!!! Bye-bye Marshall dream! Harris is worth SOOOO much more!

19. WhiteShoeWillis

I would personally drive to Jersey and fuckstart Tanny's face if that deal went down.

20. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

HAHA no F'in way I would do that deal and if Tanny does do it, he needs to be sent back to counting beans.

In fact, I laughed aloud.