**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Cotch Grab

Cotch Grab New Member

lets all remember that the salary cap is going away when the CBA expires, so $$$ won't be a factor if marshall wants a new deal.

agreed, marshall is not at t.o. level.....yet.

but every Philly fan I know is still happy the Eagles signed T.O. because he gave them one memorable season that almost ended in a Super Bowl Win. All his bs afterwards did not overshadow what he did to help them win.

of course every Philly fan is a degenerate imbecible so take that with a grain of salt.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Schefter's morning dumps are more accurate than Ed Werder has ever been.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets team right now seems to be all happy and good chemistry going around that I have not seen in years. Would Marshall ruin that? If so, no thanks.

4. JETSFANDC

JETSFANDC New Member

the quote: "Citing a source, Newsday reported on Wednesday that the Jets are "seriously considering" making a play for Marshall soon."

so, the an anonymous source (Who is that guy? The Jets should cut ties...he is always talking) claims the Jets are considering making a play for a player at some indefinite time in the future. wow... Josh-ua better keep a close eye on the situation. or perhaps, he should stop cheating on behalf of his satan-loving former boss. Josh is good at pissing people off.

5. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

How about this trade package for Marshall?

Yeah, I know

ANOTHER BRANDON MARSHALL THREAD

But hey hear me out for a second, what about a package involving a 2nd, a 4th, and a defensive player like Bryan Thomas or Shaun Ellis. Is that something that you guys would still do? The reason why I post this is to me this might be the most logical trade that could get done if the Jets want Brandon Marshall soon. Yeah, maybe by week 6 it might only take a 2nd, but I think that if the Jets offered the Broncos this type of package there would at least be a 50% shot we could get him. I would probably be more hesitant to trade Ellis because we really don't have any 3-4 ends, where as at least with linebacker we do have Calvin Pace and who knows, maybe Gholston can contribute a little. A 2nd, 4th, and Thomas or Ellis would at least be a legit package in my mind, because Denver gets draft picks and defensive help and they really need defensive players. Thoughts?

*Note: I know that the second round pick is involved in the Lito Sheppard trade, but that is based on playing time and maybe the contract. Obviously that would have to be worked out, but the Jets can still offer the 2nd and put parameters in place if they have to give it Philly.

6. facch

facch Active Member

Marshall isn't as selfish as a player. But his off the field issues are among the worst in the league. That's what's really scary. We saw what could happen to a head-case wide out roaming the city of NY.

7. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

good point, except after seeing plax get screwed royally by the long schlong of the law, you gotta think he might, just might, realize you cant mess around in nyc like that.

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

there's no way in hell i would trade TWO picks and a starter for a wild card like Marshall.

Shaun Ellis?? our dline is thin enough as it is....thanks.

9. Denny

Denny Active Member

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

No.

(filler)

11. JETSFANDC

JETSFANDC New Member

I assume you mean after seeing plax get equal treatment under the long schlong of the law? Perhaps you should lobby your state legislature if you don't like the law. But don't hate on the D.A.'s office simply for responding to a high profile case as it would any other matter.

12. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Per Schefter on SportsCenter a few minutes ago, the Jets are the frontrunning team to make a move for Marshall. The snag seems to be what the Broncos are demanding. Schefter reports that they want "a played that will immediately upgrade their roster" and a high draft pick.

I don't understand how the fuck the Broncos think they still have the upper hand in this situation. The longer they keep Marshall around, the more of a detriment he is going to be to the team. One would think they just want to get him packed up and shipped off somewhere sooner rather than later.

13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I'm not about to give up that high of a pick and a starter off our defense for Marshall.

If they want a starter back this year it hampers the Jets ability to make the trade. We do nto have great dpeth to be able to plaug a guy into the role of whomever we deal.

14. greenbeanz

send them clemens. he has to be better than orton. clemens and a second round pick. done.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

1. What players do we have that would be of any value to Denver? Thomas Jones and Kellen Clemens? That's about it, right?

2. Josh McDaniels ALWAYS has the upper hand.

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Schefter is the most credible source in the NFL media....and he's got some insider ties to the Broncos....so there has to be a fire somewhere amongst this smoke cloud.

3rd round pick and either Drew Coleman or KC.......make it happen Tanny :smile:

low ball the shit out of Denver.

17. JETSFANDC

JETSFANDC New Member

Why on earth would the Broncos accept Drew Coleman and a 3rd round pick?

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

you're right....4th round pick and either coleman/Clemens. :smile:

19. greenbeanz

i have signed petitions before for the abolishment of mandatory minimum sentencing (which is what plax's jail time is caused by). i think its BS. and they didnt respond in the same manner. bloomberg doesnt make it public knowledge that hes going for the balls of joe schmoe in the same situation. he made it perfectly clear and was very vocal about wanting to make an example out of plax and saying that he will do time no matter what. you call that fair? and another thing, what kind of snitch faggot sides with the D.A.?