**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I agree, I just don't care anymore. I'm not a GM, I don't know who they should sign. I've got my opinions, but they don't matter. Maybe the guy changes scenery and does well, who knows. I just want them to have a good year.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

PROS
    -the Jets offense becomes dangerous
    -he catches everything (200+ receptions over the last 2 seasons)
    -gives our young QB the big receiver with excellent hands and breakaway speed he needs to further his development.
    -his presence will open up the run game (see Plaxico Burress w/ Giants)
    -his age dictates that he hasn't entered his prime yet

CONS
    -he's a malcontent with a history of suspensions
    -a known wife beater
    -very immature attitude
    -his arrival would certainly come with a new contract...cap implications?
    -locker room cancer?

I'm really split on this one.....Marshall's talent is enticing.....seriously enticing.

But he could implode the lockeroom in a blink of an eye with his behaviour.

I've said this in earlier posts....and I agree with Mr.E/Coach K.....we simply can't afford to give up a 1st round pick in next year's draft for this guy....our Dline/Oline depth needs to be addressed in the worst way.

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Heh!

My thoughts exactly, although I will add that I hope that the Jets can get him at a reasonable price.

That would be great.

4. sunnycalzone

sunnycalzone New Member

would love to have him on the team. talk about formidable offense for years to come. he probably wouldn't be that expensive either.

5. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I have no interest in Marshall unless Denver just decides that he's not worth any of the trouble and will essentially give him away. There's a huge risk to bringing in a noted malcontent to a team with a rookie QB and a rookie head coach, and there's an even bigger risk in bringing a guy who can't stay out of trouble in Denver's night life to New York City.

Nothing more than a 3rd rounder, which is way less than I think Denver would accept for him. So pass.

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i dont care about cap next year stadium next year team next year or how much hair i will have next year?????

i am thinking today..if he comes n gets a big contract leads us to one of our best seasons ever then gets suspended next year i WONT CARE.

as long as i get 1 good year out of him

7. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Do we not think the current locker room is tight enough to overcome that potential problem?

8. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Marshall is going to get suspended by the NFL... not a question of IF, but WHEN and for how long, and how many times?

Marshall simply cannot stay out of trouble. Do you give up a 1 for such a risky player? Teams would be all over Marshall but for this fact. Too much risk.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

All the same arguments used to say why we didn't want Moss. Look how that turned out.

10. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

The Jets, and more importantly Jets fans, need to get over this moronic inclination to make the flashy, brash, often nonsensical move. The Jerry Jones model of football hasn't won a talented Cowboys team many playoff games in the last decade and the Favre experiment last season showcased why it didn't work here.

There are no shortcuts to winning, and with that in mind, Marshall is the ultimate "caveat emptor" player. Bad citizen, bad teammate, no grasp of the scheme, unnerved about his money situation. The Jets would be better served spending their money elsewhere and going with what they have.

-X-

11. Don

Except they will trade for him in a second if they can get him for what they are willing to pay. He can be controlled just like Moss was. A contract structured which forces him to stay in line and a locker room full of veterans who will beat the shit out of him if he doesn't.

12. I actually believe you NEED acouple guys in your locker room w/ some attitude...or perhaps call it immaturity.

If you have all guys w/ "gooddy goody" personality..the locker room gets too complacent and guys become robots. W/ the kind of scheme Rex brings w/ him..you need guys to have some fire. As long as there are no problems off the field...and as long as we arent adversely affecting the future..Marshall is a no brainer.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I agree with this...although, I believe Bart Scott fits the bill of the player you're portraying in your post.

however....my biggest fear is that the Jets pay high price in draft picks to get him...and then Marshall gets a suspension for being "himself".

14. Cotch Grab

Cotch Grab New Member

My buddy told me that on the Giants boards they reported that the Broncos, Browns and Giants are working on a three way deal:

Derek Anderson + picks to Denver
    Brandon Marshall to the Browns
    Braylon Edwards to the Giants

Supposedly the guy who runs Big Blue Interactive is tight with Pat Hanlon and knows some stuff.

Thats just what I heard

15. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Even the NYJ fanbase has gotten soft with the herm's and the mangini's running this team.

16. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the Giants are giving up the picks? Otherwise, that isn't a 3-way deal.

17. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

Volatile/girl-beating/selfish/immature-yet talented receiver + rookie qb in the highest pressure market in the league = RUINS

18. Don

Uh..what are the Giants giving up in that? Actually that doesn't seem like a Mangini kinda guy either.

19. Don

According to ESPN, Denver's GM says there has been no talk with the Jets about Marshall. ESPN also says it will take a player this year and a pick next year to get him. That could lend credence to the Giants/Browns/Broncos rumor.

#139 Don, Sep 2, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  20. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

I say we get him, we need him.