**OFFICIAL** Brandon Marshall Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RedWhiteBlue&Green, Sep 1, 2009.

1. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Does anyone see the irony that the Pats were built with mostly character guys and won titles, then they went and got a big boy in Moss and while they went undefeated up to the SB, they lost?

I know, it can't be generalized in such a simple post but the first part of the statement means a lot. Sometimes the shiniest car isn't the one that wins races.

With that said, if we get him, that's great. If we save our picks for depth, that's great too. I jsut don't want the farm mortgaged over 1 player.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Character guys like Rodney Harrison and Corey Dillon? Donte Stallworth?

3. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

Well, maybe he started to move past this, when he stated that he regretted what he did. Hopefully, that's the end of it.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't remember Keyshawn beating the shit out of any of his girlfriends. I also don't remember hearing about him creating childish disruptions on the field during practice, or getting any of his teammates murdered in night clubs. I think from now on I'm just going to post the Brandon Marshall Rap Novel in every single Marshall thread until the stupid ass trade rumors go away.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

continued...

6. Phyr

Phyr Member

So your argument is that we shouldn't deal for a player that is in the Top 5 at his position when his value is at an all-time low because we don't have a blocking TE or a 2nd CB? :rofl:

7. DustinK

DustinK New Member

Would not be surprised.
    :rofl:

8. RedWhiteBlue&Green

Well, I can't fault you for saying what you're saying, just like I can't fault Philly people not wanting a dog murderer playing on their team.

Marshall's is a big rap sheet. And hitting his girlfriend. I think we can all agree that that's unacceptable. At least one of our Jets did that too, but no one talks about it anymore.

Anyway, With all of that said, I want the Jets to win. That's the bottom line. And I think he will bring us to the playoffs and more. So I want Brandon Marshall on the New York Jets, just like I wanted Plaxico Burress on the New York Jets.

Let law enforcement and the courts deal with the players' immorality. I want to win.

9. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I would give a 1st for Marshall in a second.

Giving a 1st round pick for a young probowl player who is a top 5 at their position is a steal.

The draft is a crapshoot which in quite a few instances we got suckered like when we drafted Robertson & Gholston. A draft pick gets huge ammounts of garranteed money and half the time they never reach their potential.

Marshall is surpassing his draft expectation.

Tanny get this guy while we can. Two weeks ago it would have requires a 1st and a condition pick, now maybe only a conditional 1st.

10. Dirty's Dozen

Dirty's Dozen New Member

If we can get him cheaply, then o-kay...first rounder is certainly not cheaply, so no....He's a punk anyway. I will be happy going to war w/ J-Co, Clown, Chansi...maybe Allison... Wright, and Smith will make the team because of special teams anyway.

11. RedWhiteBlue&Green

Everything that you said makes perfect sense. You never know what you're going to wind up with in the draft. As you say, it's a crapshoot. And the money as well, just as you said. With Marshall, we know what we're getting, at least football-wise. A first or a second round pick for a pro-bowl star is a no-brainer. Woody and Tanny, make it happen!!!

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I was suprised no on brought up Marshall before. Great idea, or not?

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

lolol........................

14. RedWhiteBlue&Green

I think that every one of us needs to have the chance to start a Brandon Marshall thread. I'm just hoping that I'll be the last one before the Jets get him ;)

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

but he's...on...the...clock...

16. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

we have to make a damn reciever move. yeah hes a degenerate but god dammit that highlight clip on page 2 is all anyone should need to see to convince themselves hes worth it. besides i think rex can handle a lunatic like marshall and calm him down.

17. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

If we make the deal for a 1st rd pick and he winds up suspended by the league. R U still happy with that outcome?

18. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Teams aren't defined by a single star player and picks don't grow on trees.

19. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Yes, because we took a chance to WIN big. Worse case senario he still contributes more than Gholston.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They sort of do. You get 7 more every year just for showing up.