It's Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ScotsJet, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Thus the Jets will have Sanchez and Eric Ainge as backup. Not sure I like that.

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

A couple of years ago on SportsCenter they said that the Jets have the longest streak of not starting a rookie QB

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I'm sure Denver is beating down the doors trying to get their hands on Clemens.

4. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

bout time.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This won't happen unless Sanchez is a flop, in which case we're totally screwed as a franchise and both Tannenbaum and Ryan are headed out the door fairly quickly. In other words: ain't gonna happen.

The only way Clemens sees the field this year is if Sanchez gets hurt or is so good that the Jets need a mop-up QB for game 16 because they don't want Sanchez getting hurt before the playoffs.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The only time the Jets ever started a rookie QB in the first game of the season was the very first game the Jets ever played. They did start other rookies in later games in other years.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I prefer Ainge to Clemens as the backup. Schottenheimer and Clemens have had 4 years to get on the same page and they still haven't managed it. That likely means Clemens will never perform well in a Schotty offensive scheme.

I'm hoping the Jets are smart enough to realize that keeping Clemens around now only has negative connotations for the Jets as they move forward into the Sanchez era.

8. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

So, if teams are interested in Clemens.... what are we looking at getting for him?

and Ainge as a backup is perfect. He has played very well in the preseason so far.

9. Don

What they have now is Orton and Simms..Clemens may look like Manning in comparison. What they probably don't have is enough time to get a new QB ready. Even Favre never came in this late.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

from Denver's standpoint....is trading for Clemens REALLY an upgrade over Orton?

11. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I don't really see Denver taking Clemens over Orton. I could be completely off base, and Orton is beyond terrible, but at this stage of the game, I just don't see it. It's not like Clemens is like Jake Delhomme or Carson palmer or something.

12. IBLEEDGREEN17

I think so. I still have hope in Clemens. He's a dumbass, plain and simple but maybe McDaniels could change that. Orton is just terrible. I haven't seen him do anything well. Clemens won't enter denver and make them playoff contendable but he is an upgrade.

13. Don

Probably not and it probably isn't even a valid topic of discussion unless they want to move Marshall. Then it becomes interesting. Rumors are that nobody wants to give them what they want for Marshall because of the baggage. This could help them in another area.

14. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Woohoo, finally.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Orton has a 21-12 record as a starter......how is he worse than Clemens again?

16. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

:rofl: at the thought that Clemens and a 4th rounder would get Marshall.

Maybe Clemens and a first-rounder. Even that I doubt. Clemens couldn't beat a rookie after years in the system. He's not going anywhere. He has no value.

Sanchez is going to have to be content throwing to Keller, Cotchery, and Clowney/Stuckey this year. That's okay. He'll also have Leon out of the backfield on some passing plays, and they're a run-first team anyway.

All he has to do is stay healthy, not make stupid mental mistakes, and rely on the coaching staff to design the best plays to make use of what talent we have. 2010 is the year to start expecting a lot from him, not 2009.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I think it was WSW who said the pick would happen before game 3 in preseason, and despite the ambiguous results from the Ravens game, the logic behind that prediction remains true. Unless Clemens had played better, this decision in effect is not surprising. There would have been little point in letting the decision hang another week.

I hope Clemens can stay sharp, maybe he is needed down the road. I am not sure at this point there is much sense in trade talk, since the recent events have certainly not raised his stock, and the Jets do need a backup, and at least KC knows the system. Better leave him there than let him go and try and sign who? Ainge certainly is not a good #2.

Having said that, if they can bring a quality wideout here with Clemens in the trade, I am all for that.

18. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Bingo!

This is why Ryan decided to do it now and do it often. One guy taking all the snaps is much better than two guys sharing them. We've got 2 Preseason Games left in which he can get some work.

I'm so glad we've made a decision and now we can get on with it. Go Dirty!

19. Don

It was Clemens and a 2nd, wasn't it?

20. IBLEEDGREEN17

I'm assuming their defense won alot of the games, but I'm still confident Clemens would have a better shot winning for denver.