Dustin Keller vs Zach Miller

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by The Uniform Bomber, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

You want to be a quality poster. Use facts to support your position. You admited that you did neither in your post- submit facts or stats. So what basis if your making a comparison of two players, can you go by other than facts or the stats.

Keep it up and you just might give DON a run for 2009 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award Winner

#81 Raiderjoe, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Dustin Keller had more 100 yard Games and TD's than Zach Miller last year.

3. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Yea he played very well in just a few games and shit the bed in the rest. A few games does not make a season or a player. You have to be consistant. Again when Dustin Keller numbers are better than zach miller, than we can discuss this topic. Right now its pretty laughable.

4. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

[​IMG]

5. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

IF I came to deabte without facts or stats, i would want the other person to shutup too. Better yet you should just stop posting in this thread, your just embarrassing yourself even more. Learn a lesson and come prepared the next time with facts/stats to support your position.

6. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Maybe you are right, we'll see how this year goes for the Raiders, looking good so far.

7. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Keller 3 TD's to Miller 1 TD = Keller's number better

Keller 1 100 yard game to Miller's 0 = Keller's number better.

When Millers numbers atre better than Kellers cvome back and talk to me. Right now its not even close.

9. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Yea lets look at receptions. Yards, and average yard per catch. D Keller had only 7 plus twenty yard receptions. zach miller had sixteen( shows how much more a playmaker he is than Keller.)

10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Keller Scored more TD's last year than miller did. Almost matched Miller;s Carrer total in TD's in one season (shows how mcuh more of a play maker Keller is)

11. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Haha yer good at using Jeaux's own style against him.

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I figured at this point I may as well have fun with it. :grin:

13. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

According to Jeaux, TDs like Wins are an overrated stat. For playmaking, see Appendix B:

# of catches and YPC are what make a receiver.

14. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...ar-zach-miller

Miller aims to build on Raiders' tradition

August 25, 2009 1:00 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

Zach Miller was not an expert on the Oakland Raiders' history of brilliant tight end play when the team drafted him two years ago. He has since become an authority on the subject.

AP Photo/Paul Sakuma
    Tight end Zach Miller could be poised to have a huge year for the Raiders.

Watching video and reading about the success of Dave Casper, Raymond Chester and Todd Christensen have inspired Miller and given him a feeling of responsibility. He wants to carry on the tradition of Silver and Black tight ends.

"There is a great tradition here," Miller said. "I've talked to Al Davis about the history and how important the tight end has been in Oakland. I've talked to Raymond Chester about it, and it's really important to me to continue what all those great players did. It's my turn now."

If the first two seasons of Miller's career are any indication, the Raiders have found themselves another star at the position. Miller caught 100 passes in his first two NFL seasons and has quickly developed into one of the best young players at his position. He's an easy choice as this season's AFC West emerging star.

Miller certainly has his backing from those in the organization. Oakland head coach Tom Cable offered this: "Good choice. He can be special."

Said Oakland star left cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha: "There's no doubt that Zach deserves that label. He's that guy."
    Emerging Stars
    Tues.: AFC West | NFC West
    Wed.: AFC North | NFC North
    Thurs. AFC South | NFC South
    Fri.: AFC East | NFC East

As Oakland tries to emerge from a miserable six-season span, it is young players like Miller who give Oakland hope.

Miller has great hands. Asomugha swears he's never seen him drop a ball, even in practice. He is a precise route runner and a fine blocker.

Miller and Oakland quarterback JaMarcus Russell have already built an outstanding rhythm together. Miller is by far Russell's favorite target. They bonded as rookies, Miller said, and when all else fails, Russell always looks for him.

Last season, Miller caught 56 passes for 778 yards for a respectable 13.9 yard per catch average. Miller feels like he is ready to take the next step in his career.

"I have a lot of confidence and really feel good in this offense," Miller said. "I think my game is ready to grow."

He has set high goals. With superstar Tony Gonzalez now in Atlanta, Miller knows there is an open spot on the AFC Pro Bowl team.

"That's where I want to get to -- I want to get to that level," Miller said. "The Pro Bowl is the next step for me, I hope."

Miller surely has his supporters. San Diego tight end Antonio Gates, now the best tight end in the conference with Gonzalez out of the mix, lauded Miller earlier this year. He said Miller is one of the most exciting tight ends to come into the league in recent years.

Asomugha said what makes Miller so effective is his combination of natural gifts and his work ethic.

"When you combine Zach's talent and how hard he works, great things are going to happen," Asomugha said. "We really have a great one in Zach."

Asomugha is most excited about Miller because he knows what his presence means to Russell. Asomugha laughed about how Russell and Miller tried to get extra work together during the first four days of camp, when Cable kept the actual plays to a minimum in order to stress the fundamentals of the game.

"Even in those days, JaMarcus was trying to throw the ball to Zach -- and they would get in trouble because they weren't supposed to be doing that," Asomugha said. "There is a great chemistry there."

Miller doesn't just help his quarterback in the passing game. When Russell is called to hand the ball off to one of Oakland's trio of running backs -- Darren McFadden, Michael Bush or Justin Fargas -- he can rely on Miller as well. He is developing into a stalwart blocker.

Unlike many catch-first tight ends, Miller relishes the opportunity to block. He said the reason why he spends time on the blocking aspect of his game is simple.

"You can't be an elite tight end unless you block," Miller said. "I see a lot of tight ends with great hands, but they won't want to block. That won't work here. We run the ball a lot in Oakland. You have to know how to block."

A former offensive line coach, Cable bursts with pride when talking about Miller's blocking chops.

"That's what makes Zach so special because he isn't afraid to help in the blocking game," Cable said. "He understands blocking. He's understands the entire game."

And he understands the history of the tight end in Oakland as he tries to become the next great Raider at the position.

15. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

who has the stronger arm?

16. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Thought since I started a running tally on the cutler/orton prediction thread might as well do so here as well:

Player Catches Yards TDs 1st downs
    Keller ...... 4 ....... 94 .......0.......... 4
    Miller ..... 6 ...... 96 ..... 0 ....... 5

Remarkably even so far.

17. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

No one cares, Joe.

18. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

lol, I was the next to last guy to pick a TE in one of my fantasy leagues and I had to choose between those two and Shiancoe. I went with Keller mainly because I like his QB better than Russell and think he sees more snaps than Shiancoe (who has Kleinsasser around to be the blocking TE).

The funny thing about that though is the last guy to pick a TE didn't get either Miller or Shiancoe cause he waited way too long and a couple of people picked backups. So he had to settle for Kevin Boss :smile:

19. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

Remarkably even? Miller has 50% more catches than Keller this year. And Keller doesn't have any touchdowns.

In Jeaux's eyes you just won him the argument.

20. ........

........ Trolls

I'm not sure why it's remarkable that it's even. Miller has been their only reliable target. He'll definitely get the ball this season. If we're just going on numbers, I was expecting similar numbers, with Keller perhaps having a higher number of TDs. Targeted them both in the same spot in fantasy drafts and whatnot. Of course, once Fargas comes back, Miller's numbers could come down a bit.