Official Tom Cable Assault Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GBA, Aug 17, 2009.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

'Everything fine in Raiderland' = less than 6 wins, I guess.

2. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

Raiders are going nowhere fast

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Everything has been fine in Raiderland for a while hasn't it Joe. 16-0 2009 Jam Russell Super Bowl MVP.

4. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Yes because the best way for a coach so show he has "fire" and is "tough" is to put his assistant's in the hospital. I hear Phil Jackson likes to hit his assistants in the back of the head with a steel chair, WWE style. Now THAT demands respect!

If there is no tape, it didn't happen! Except for the eyewitness reports...and the police reports...and the medical reports...but there's no tape!

5. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

It's a good thing that Oakland defensive backfield is so good since their coach won't be able to give them any more verbal coaching.

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Funny u didn't post it, considering you post all sorts of Raiders bullshit

7. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/17/cables-attack-on-hansen-might-not-be-an-internal-matter/

Hmmmmmm..............

Cable's attack on Hansen might not be an "internal matter"

Posted by Mike Florio on August 17, 2009 6:49 PM ET

Raiders executive John Herrera told NFL.com's Jason La Canfora on Monday that the alleged assault of defensive assistant Randy Hansen by head coach Tom Cable is "an internal matter and will be handled as such."

That's wishful thinking on Herrera's part, who knows a thing or two about swinging appendages during times of stress.

Per the league's Personal Conduct Policy, it might not be an "internal matter."

The policy expressly applies to all employees of the league and its teams, including coaches. And even if Hansen doesn't press charges, the Personal Conduct Policy allows for punishment to be imposed. If after an investigation the league concludes that Cable indeed struck Hansen in the workplace, Cable can be disciplined.

It'll be interesting to see whether Cable is suspended. Two years ago, the league opted not to suspend Patriots coach Bill Belichick in the wake of the Spygate scandal, possibly due to concerns that it would be virtually impossible to ensure that the head coach engages in no direct or indirect coaching duties in the days preceding a game.

Last year, the Panthers suspended receiver Steve Smith for two games after he punched cornerback Ken Lucas during practice. The league took no action under the Personal Conduct Policy, even though it presumably could have done so.

#27 bojanglesman, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  8. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Jeaux, you're pure fucking gold.

I hope you enjoyed this little spat, because it's the last time ANY Raider will knock somebody down this year. Can't beat compatition? Beat each other!

9. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

After a couple weeks of watching that shitshow that is the raiders on the field for 12 hrs. a day and showing no improvement, I'd want to break someones jaw too.

Maybe he's just real pissed cause Al Davis called him and yelled at him for why Ken Stabler isn't getting playing time.

Does Al Davis remind anyone else of Mr. Burns, when he ran the softball team with Strawberry, Griffey Jr, Don Mattingly, and Canseco?

MATTINGLY, I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO SHAVE THOSE SIDEBURNS!!!!

#29 NJrocket24, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  10. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Legal advise from jeaux is like taking marriage advise from OJ

11. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Roger Goodell will definitely get involved in this. Imagine being punched in the face by your supervisor- wouldn't the head of the company demand an investigation?

God, I'd love to see a territorial struggle between Davis and Goodell over this.

12. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

JCotchrocket, I found your post last year about how to speak Raiderjoe. Good stuff.:rofl:

13. Jam.

Jam. Banned

No charges=no case?

How come you repeatedly bring up a supposed Sanchez rape "case" even though there were no charges?

No charges = no case.

14. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Did anybody hear on ESPN Monday Night Countdown that if there's anybody pressing charges, it was going to be the Raiders organization AGAINST Hansen?

15. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I'm sure it was something like Hansen muttering to himself too loudly, "Man, I need to get my ass out of this hell hole." Cable, overhearing him, and appreciating that, as captain, he's obliged to go down with the ship, was understandably upset and decided to sucker punch him so he might get fired and spared 17 weeks of misery.

16. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I'm starting a movement... Tom Cable must be brought to justice!

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Hansen is Davis's guy so I dount that. he saved him last year when Kiffin tried to fire him and ended up firing Kiffin instead. Then of course that was ESPN postulating.

18. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

What a Raiderhomer. Everything is milk and honey in Raidernation...."Mitchell was a great pick in Rd 2 and will be a Pro-bowler"..."DHB's drops in camp are no big deal".............BLah, Blah, Blah.

You live in a fantasyland.

Homerism to the 10th degree.

Any problems or issues in RaiderNation????? I guess not ..thats AWESOME.....Joe carry on and get back to your dreamworld.

#38 WW85, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  19. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

Hanson is a very important witness for davis in his case against Lane Kiffin. I doubt raiders press any charges against Hanson. Hanson bleeds silver and black, thats all he ever wanted to do was be a coach with the Raiders. Al davis loves the kid. what weill happen is hanson will probably be assigned something upstairs. Keep him a way from the Cable Guy.

20. Raiderjoe

Raiderjoe Banned

You will get your justice / execution October 25, 2009.
    You thought that Raider assistant took a beating, just wait till you see what happens to the jets.

The question isn't if the Jets are going to lose but by how much.