Nine Pro Bowls!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rajensen088, Apr 29, 2006.

1. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

That's what Nick Mangold has to do. The Jets 29th pick was for John Abraham (3 Pro Bowls) and replaces the released Kevin Mawae (6 Pro Bowls)......

Mantan play with their Excel spreadsheet passing up Chad Jackson..... Bellichek trades down and gets him after the Jets original 35th pick.

No excuse for striking out on Chad Jackson unless the brain trust is smarter than the mentor.

2. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

did you see the dude sitting around barefooted only thing missing was the pork rib and the beer

3. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

chad jackson is really just not that good....great wr's that have no character problems, good height and speed, and come from a big time program don't drop out of the top 20 in a terrible wr class, nevermind the 1st round.......

rajansen your 9 pro bowls comment is wrong on so many levels and really gives us a grasp on your football and buisness knowledge.

4. BIG TYMER

BIG TYMER Banned

Does this "rajensen" guy troll every Jets message board on the face of the earth?

5. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

I agree that trading out of the spot at 35 when we could he had Justice, Jackson or J Williams was a terrible coice, any of those players make our team instantly better. They are upgrade, or potential upgrades over a couple seasons then the players we have now. I think trading down was a terrible choice.

6. kevin68

kevin68 New Member

That's BS.So what you are saying is that Steve Young had to win 4 Superbowls for SF when he replaced Joe Montana?

#6 kevin68, May 6, 2006
    Last edited: May 6, 2006
  7. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

awesome logic!...and spelling! :lol:

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The Jets didn't strike out on Jackson, they didn't want him they wanted Clemens and got him and got a 1st day next year on top of it.

If Mangold turns into a solid starting center for us it will have been a great pick. Mawae's pro bowl days are behind him, he will be lucky to hold on to a starting spot for more than a year. Abe is a great talent who has underachieved and disappeared when the Jets needed him to step up and take us to the next level.

9. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Yes, he does. On one of the other Jets message boards, however, he admitted that he doesn't root for the Jets.

10. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Please send me a link to this, because if he is just trolling to piss off Jets fans on this board, then he can go the way of the dodo.

11. M00CHNESS

M00CHNESS Member

Ok let's be realistic. 9 Pro bowls coming from two players was nice but Mawae was simply the shit, thus him always going to Hawaii. Replacing his skill is going to be hard, but Mangold, no matter what you need to give him time. Very few rookies (very very few) are actual plug and play type players. (A.J. hawk I think is one of them). We don't need pro bowl players right now, we simply need our guys to come together since it's a whole new team and learn the system, execute it properly. New defensive scheme, whole new line, QB issues (as far as who will take starting day snaps), young RB trying to show why they get to be the primary back once Martrin takes a sidestep to make room or the staff tells him to. Of course a brand new staff. Getting to the pro bowl shouldnt be a concern right now. Concerns should be how the team adjusts to the new scheme and how they execute it.

12. M00CHNESS

M00CHNESS Member

Why not just toss a Fins jersey on rajensen and take turns with a broom stick playing pinata? Why join a Jets forum to rag on the Jets. Thats like participating in the special olympics and making fun of the people in wheel chairs.

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I live in FL and watch/like the Gators and Chad Jackson isn't that good.

I mean he's a good receiver and all, but there's a reason he slipped in a year of a weak WR class. The reason he came out early was that he knew this year was weak draft class at the receiver position.

Nice guy, fast, but shys from contact and supposedly is a poor route runner.

14. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Please do?! I hate posters like this.

15. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Watching him in interviews he doesn't seem terribly bright either.

16. WesleyWuzTheMan

WesleyWuzTheMan New Member

As trolling goes, this is pretty mild and on-point. No, I don't agree with RAJensen, but there is a point to be made that there is some major talent and experience gone missing in this past off-season, and more pressure than usual from the draft class to step up right away. I think we're in good hands, but I don't mind opposing views. What I do mind is comebacks like "I'm right, you're an idiot" which Championjets69 did all the time.

17. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Chad Jackson was a great athlete and prospect in the draft... but the fact that he was in a WR-happy Urban Meyer offense scares me. He is also undersized and really is going to have to be a #2 or #3 WR in this league. I'm more then happy with Mangold and Clemmens.

18. MyFavoriteMartian28

First off... Pro-Bowl appearances do not win games.

Second, its utterly ridiculous to insinuate that 1 guy needs to replace 2.

Finally, WR was not a position of absolute need for the Jets, it was for the Patriots... the Patriots traded up to get Chad Jackson, they would not have been able to draft Laurence Maroney if they had traded down... get your facts straight.

19. The Book 24

The Book 24 Banned

We're rebuiling right now. We're going to find out what these rookies could do and maybe use the 2007 2nd rounder ( from washington ) to get a player like the ones your naming.

20. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

i agree i dont like poster like that either.