17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Hoboken Jet

Hoboken Jet Member

Did you all see that the Jets decided to sell Half Season plans today? From what I read on another board, they were selling for $25 a seat to public about an hour or so ago. Unreal. Talk about a total F-job to all of us. Apparently, they are all sold out b/c when i went to buy, the half season plans were not avaialable any longer.

Anyone who has a "relationship" with their rep might want to call and see what the deal is...and please share any details...thanks.

#2421 Hoboken Jet, Aug 6, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  2. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

You're joking, right? Where was this advertised???

3. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

i called. Mike, assured me these were never available for so low of a price. They were for prior season ticket holders, and said they go for face value. I asked for a screen shot from the person who posted. I would love to see who is lying here, unfortunately, i think its the jets

4. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

Thank god for the net. Seriously, without this board and the network of fans, think how screwed people would be in regards to getting the REAL scoop on PSLs and tickets versus assurances from the team reps.

That is the only reason why I came back to TGG to post...to get the scoop on tickets.

5. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

HOT OFF THE PRESS.
    I went to my jets account and checked if new ticket options were available. I clicked on purchase 2009 tickets, and low and behold there are TWO new plans available....but details TBD. Something is coming.

One is called "the legacy plan" and one is called "the gridiron plan". Both appear to be 2009 ticket plans. It says contact your rep. Both plans appear to be $425 for whatever it is for uppers....no details.

anybody who has seasons can see what I'm talking about by logging on to your account and going through the "buy season ticket link".

Somebody should call and ask about these two new plans!!!

6. HCUBED

HCUBED Member

This team/organization is so fucked ! It has taken them 4 months to place 13 years worth of seniority via the phase II seat selection. Most of which went upstairs for "free". Considering there's almost 20 years of season tickets left not to mention the nonexistance of a waitlist they better come up with a plan B and quick. I was one of the many that after 12 years on the waitlist got a call last year for season tix, which I eagerly scooped up. Hey for the first year to have 4 tix in sec 120 I was happier than Woody J counting his $$$$$$. There's a long way to go before my 2008 seniority year comes up and I hope by then they will come up with a better/ less painfull way to screw their fans.

:jets::jets::jets::jets:

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

ok here is what I told by my cousin, he called today to get tickets for 2009--he is not now nor has he ever been a season ticket holder or on the waitinglist. I told him if he wants tix to call,, so he did. He was offered several locations---just about all were lower level endzone--he was offered nothing between the goalines only endzone. Here is the thing that made my head spin--he was offered 2 seats-for the entire year for $1280---read that again &1280---I don't know about you but I have 6 seats and paid $1400 for each pair. I can only guess that the JETS are offering that newbies do not have to buy the preseason games--that woud mean $800 minus $160 and would equal $640 per ticket,,,two tix would be $1280........if that is the case why did I pay $1400???? If any of you have info please share maybe I have this wrong but if anyone is getting a break in price ,,we all should get that same option/ rebate. I just called the Jets but was too late they are closed--I will try on Friday--------------------------any help out there???

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

correction--I did not pay $1400 for two seats I paid--as many of you did $1600 thats $800 per seat--so why are people being offered seats for le$$????

9. doggin94it

doggin94it New Member

Got that call this year and said no. Now I'm extremely glad I did :)

10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm not singling you out, but rather addressing all those who are of the opinion that the Jets can do whatever they want in regard to adjustments for people who bought earlier at higher prices.

It's a dangerous game. Yes, the Jets have the right to discount at the last minute and not refund those who purchased earlier, but what does that bode for their future sales? You'll basically get away with it once. After that, anyone contemplating season ticket purchases will be like, "Well, I don't want to be screwed like they did two years ago, so maybe I'll wait and buy what I can at the last minute."

So, of course, as a matter of legality and pure business decision, the Jets can discount present buyers and not refund former buyers of the same tickets. That's their prerogative. But don't expect savvy future buyers who know what happened to 227, for example (if he gets screwed in the process), to want the same treatment. They're going to sit back and be even more skeptical of the process than they are now.

THAT'S the reason why Macy's extends their sale prices to former purchasers buy remunerating the current discount (in other words, refunding you for your overpayment). After many years in business, they've come to realize that by valuing your customers and fucking them over, you sustain a long-term business model.

Something the Jets have yet to learn.

Errata:

1) "buy remunerating" should read, "by remunerating."

2) "by valuing your customers and fucking them over" should read, "by valuing your customers and not fucking them over."

#2430 Section 227. Row 5, Aug 6, 2009
  11. JetsSec337Lot13B

I think those of us waiting for our calls should call up and say we don't want PSLs until last minute when they get marked down 50%. I won't buy a PSL anyway but I say we raise hell. At least flood the lines with complaints.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

suppy vs. demand has completely changed. there is now absolutely no demand therefore the douche (woody) is selling at lower prices, giving better bargains. in order to sell what he has left. if he doesnt do that he eats the whole amount.

the fact he already fucked you makes no difference. the demand or your perceived demand was higher at that point. there is NO WAY in hell that you will get any money back. however i suggest you call and bitch them out every day just so they know they are cock suckers.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this is the absolute truth as well. they are really fuckin themselves in the ass by doing this, anyone who has been a good fan and purchased when they were supposed to is going to be pissed. and probably decide that they can go scratch at any point in the future that they want something.

this is why i dont blame anyone for not getting tickets. this organization will abuse you until the cows come home, dont let being a fanatic create a situation where you get fucked over. they have NO LOYALTY to you, why should you have it to them?

14. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

$1600 X 20% off = $1280

So they are offering season tickets w/o having to purchase the worthless preseason tickets. That's 20% off what all the other loyal Jets fans paid. And that sucks!

BTW--I have great seats-- 4th row 50 yd line upper deck and cannot even get $20 per for preseason on stubhub. Buying preseason tickets is flushing money down the toilet.

#2434 backtoshea, Aug 6, 2009
  15. JetsSec337Lot13B

My only question is do the people who don't have to buy preseason get to buy a parking pass?

16. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Sorry if this has been posted already, but the Gridiron and Legacy plans are both half season plans. They give you 5 home games (including 1 preseason game) in the upper deck for $400 each. Whats crazy is that I went into both plans, and clicked on 8 tickets together...EIGHT! And numerous sections came up!! That to me is INSANE!! Even if you choose to buy the package with the Home Opener, you can get 8 tickets together if you want!! This stadium is going to be half full I'm afraid, and all because of Woody and his fukking greed. We used to have a great thing here, with a great community coming together every Sunday. Now, we all feel betrayed, and who in their right mind will pay the full asking price for anything Jets related from here on out??? Why would you, when all of the loyal ticket holders who paid their season ticket bills by May 1st, are getting totally fukked again!! I've had it with them...

17. jetbo

jetbo Member

Jets Face Value 1/2 And Full Seasons

What really pisses me off is that the Jets will let you buy their NEW Plans with any credit card you choose, yet the long time season ticket holder had to pay by cash or check, Unless you used that special Jets Credit Card!!! I lost a lot of frequent flyer miles by not being able to charge them on my favorite credit card.

Fyi, if anyone is interested I have both Full ($750.00 for 10 games) and 1/2 Season ($375.00 for 5 games) 2009 Seats for Sale in LOW Rows of Section 321 on the Aisle, 2 or 4 seat combinations, that are CHEAPER than Woody's New Gridiron and Legacy Plans.

I live near the stadium. PM or email me at jetbo324@aol.com if any interest. Thank You, Jetbo/Rick

#2437 jetbo, Aug 7, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I got the e-mail this morning pitching season ticket plans for this year. Strange they sent it to the people who have already paid for the year, pre-season included, I guess they didn't check their lists or think it through very well.

19. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

This organization is collapsing as bad as the Jets did late last season under Favre.

All I can say is, Same Old Jets.

20. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

The Legacy Plan
    Thursday September 3, 2009, 7:00 PM Sept 3rd Jets vs Eagles
    Sunday September 27, 2009, 1:00 PM Sept 27th Jets vs Titans
    Sunday November 1, 2009, 1:00 PM Nov 1st Jets vs Dolphins
    Sunday November 29, 2009, 1:00 PM Nov 29th Jets vs Pathners
    Sunday January 3, 2010, 1:00 PM Jan 3rd Jets vs Bengals

$400

The Gridiron Plan
    Friday August 14, 2009, 7:00 PM August 14th Jets vs Rams
    Sunday September 20, 2009, 1:00 PM Sept 20th Jets vs Patriots
    Sunday October 18, 2009, 4:15 PM Oct 18th Jets vs Bills
    Sunday November 15, 2009, 1:00 PM Nov 15th Jets vs Jaguars
    Sunday December 20, 2009, 1:00 PM Dec 20th Jets vs Falcons

$400

It doesn't say whether you are getting parking with this or not.