Michael Vick in A WildCat Formation...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Jul 21, 2009.

1. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

"I didn't see that commin'"

2. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

He'd never make it in New York...too many people to raise a stink in too liberal an area.

He needs to go to a small city where they raise and kill lots of meat...or Dallas or Oaktown.

3. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

If this is the thread about Michael Vick being in the position of having a few wild cats hanging from his nads, I'm all for it. :up:

4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

You're right. He'll get right back into the flow of over-throwing his wide receivers and tight ends, missing basic dump-offs to his running backs, and threading the ball right into the hands of the corners/safeties.

5. 611LWC

611LWC New Member

Can you say UFL... If he wants to play this year, I think that is his only shot. They could use the publicity....

6. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

The Pats already have QB Julian Edelman from Kent State who's shaping up as a decent 5th WR. He could do some wildcat stuff.

I doubt that it would be anything they would do very often. It only works when you surprise teams.The Fins did it because they needed to, and by the end of the year folks caught on and it wasn't that effective.

Vick won't be a Patriot. While BB runs the show for the most part, Kraft and his wife won't allow this.

7. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/221789-jets-should-take-a-flyer-on-michael-vick

8. coorslightcans

im positive his stats are way better than kellen clemens. check on that and get back to me.

9. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

There's no guarantee he'll ever be remotely close to his prior form and skills. He was already a piss-poor passing QB... if he doesn't learn how to sit in the pocket and read defenses in the passing game he's going to become somebody's clip board holder in the time it takes to go three and out.. If and when King Goodell even gets around to reinstating him.

10. SmashMouth

SmashMouth Active Member

I think Vick would do wonders with the Vikings (As a QB), not as a wild cat gimmick.

Jackson is nothing special and Favre is an aging 40 year old with nothing left to offer a talented offense.

QB-Vick
    RB-Peterson

WR-Berrian
    WR-Someone
    Slot-Percy Harvin

With their O-Line? Forget about it... That may not be a championship type of Offense but that would make for one of the most exciting NFC Teams out there, I know I would enjoy watching those talents

11. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I had dinner out tonight and on the tv in the place I was eating they had a sports show on, might have been ESPN, but I read a caption there that asked the questions of Favre or Vick for QB if your starter went down.

Call me crazy, but I would still take Brett Favre. I know he's the drama king and up there in years, but I don't believe this guys tanks empty. He is the king-daddy of the Me-First players in the league, but I'd take him over Vick no problem.

Favre is likely going to play for the Vikes this season, and I'm willing to bet he has a very, very good year.

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Please don't.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

14. The Great American

The Great American Well-Known Member

Michael Vick would be an asset to any team willing to give him a shot. He will certainly put fans in the seats at any staduim and have them standing when he takes off with the ball. The guy is exciting to watch!

15. Free4Jets

Free4Jets New Member

people love saying "Vick will put people in the seats" but give that some thought, what teams have attendance issues? I mean the Lions just drafted their QB of the future (at least they hope)...the only team I could see Vick going to that has Attendance issues and could use a QB/his services ASAP would be the Jaguars.....

#35 Free4Jets, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  16. The Great American

The Great American Well-Known Member

He's batting a 1000 in "putting people in the seat" department.

17. coorslightcans

just saw on the bottom of the screen on espn.

goodell will reinstate vick for the 2009 season. he will serve a 4 game suspension.

18. Free4Jets

Free4Jets New Member

if that's the case, he'll be signed sealed and delivered to a team by the end of the weekend.....glad it won't be us though

19. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Goodell is a pussy...he has no balls. Didn't he say "I don't believe in second chances.." last week about Vick.

If I were commish, I'd ban Vick from the league forever.

Yeah, I'm a dog lover.

20. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Scary part about Vick in the Wildcat is that he actually could move in the slot and make a play if the RB decides to throw. He athletic enough for the defense to be accountable for him.

I'm not a fan of him because he can't follow a scripted play very well. He is all about improvision.