17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

I talked to the ticket office yesterday , they estimated my call date ( 2000 seniority) would be Aug 12th. So, that confirms the 2-3 week "vacation".

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

:( this is the first post in like 3 days.... i think the thread of the summer is dying a slow death...

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The news we are waiting for is when the UD is sold out and what people who sat in the UD are gonna do next and I am sure the Jets are wondering the same thing. Not gonna happen until they come back from vacation. And I was caught off guard with the season ticket holders not renewing for 2009, are we going to placing tickets for all the games on ticketmaster or is the waiting list filling this seasons openings?

4. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

The waitlist is not filling this season's openings. If you want JETS tickets for 2009 you can join the waitlist today and get tickets almost immediately. They have taken the "wait" out of the wait list.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the deal with the Waitlist that you paid them something like $50 a year for the privelege of being on it, and that when you finally got called and offered tickets, the $50 per year that you paid in would be credited toward the purchase?

If that's still the case, why wouldn't every swinging dick want to excersize the option and buy the tickets, knowing that is the only way he's going to get all that money back that he's been paying in. To me, if I had paid in
    $50 a year for 10 years, I'd want to cash in on that $500 credit toward the purchase. Seems like a no brainer to me. That would explain why the Waitlist has diminished, but it doesn't say much for renewals after 2009.

Are you guys telling me that they've already gone through the entire Waitlist? That seems incredible. Like 314 says, when the Uppers are completely gone, it's going to get VERY interesting. How many guys with newer seniority are going to want to buy the PSLs?

And the thing is, the offerings are going to get crappier as they go along too. In other words, in the $4,000-$5,000 PSL range, you're going to be offered upper rows in a lot of those sections, so that you'll basically be paying the same PSL and ticket price for the last row in a section that some other guy pays for the low row. Now THAT's going to cause some people to scratch their head and go, "Hey, wait a minute! WTF am I doing? I don't think I want to pay a PSL for shitty seats way up in the corner."

6. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

They stopped that about 3 years ago and refunded the money that had been accumulated.

7. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

yea, when they stopped it they gave u a full refund, orrrrr gave you the option to use it as a jets shop credit with like 5 percent added onto it

8. Section 227. Row 5

Interesting. I always thought it to be a huge ripoff.

But now, seriously, if the Waitlist is depleted, the ONLY source of prospects the Jets have left is to comb back through the seniority list as they are doing now. WTF happens if they get to the end of that list and still have unsold PSLs? In other words, Phase II would be effectively finished now and they will have gone through everybody's seniority twice. Now what? Go back through the seniority list again for a "Phase III?"

And how would that go over? What would they have to do? Discount the PSLs or ticket prices? I can imagine getting a call from my rep again: "Hey 227, it's me again. How about if we let you trade in your PSL-free Uppers for some upper row PSL Mezz EZ seats, and we won't charge you for the tickets for the first season and we'll give you 15 years to pay for the PSLs, interest free?" At some point they're going to have to play Monte Hall, as in "Let's Make A Deal."

9. TheSnake71

TheSnake71 Member

I'd imagine that once they have exhausted all the possible season ticket holders and wait list people you'll see a marketing push to sell to the general public...

10. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

What did the Giants do? Supposedly they went through their entire waiting list, too. I do know that two sets of cousins I have were able to grab $5k PSLs for the Giants in 2010 despite having only been on their 140k waiting list for a few years. I know the situations are different (for one, they have PSLs on all seats), but this is why I keep thinking I'll get offered $4 or 5k PSLs.

Of course, the more I think about that, the less I think I'll grab them. That's just a lot of freaking money. I'm going to look at a house this evening, for instance, and those are really expensive these days.

My prediction is that me and my sorry seniority will have a choice between two seats in the middle of the top row of the massive upper deck...sitting right next to God....for no PSL or spending a boatload of money (to me, at least) on $4k or $5k PSLs. So, either get completely undesirable seats for cheap or decent seats for a ton.

Wah.

11. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

You're right on target with this...and I guess we can only sit back, and watch the disaster unfold before our very eyes. I was shocked to hear that people who put their names on the waiting list months ago, were getting calls for much better seats than I've had for the past 12 years (sec 225). The fact that we could have empty seats for the Home Opener, or have tickets available on Ticketmaster is quite a shock. I think the Jets are fukked, plain and simple. Do they start going around to people a second time with their tail between their legs, and start offering deals? Who knows...I really think they put themselves in a bind with the coaches club auction on Stubhub a while back. But...then again, I'm sure there is something written in small print to all of the suckers who dropped money on those coaches club seats, that they are locked in with no discounts available. I guess it's buyer beware to anyone who purchases a PSL, but what do you do when the PSL's are 40% sold? I guess you can offer discounts, and then say "tough shit" to anyone who already plopped down money? And if they covered themselves in a legal document with the PSL buyers, there isn't much a pissed off PSL buyer can do. Now they could go to all of the Non-PSL upper deck crowd, and play "Let's Make a Deal"??? I just know that this is all good stuff, and a real life Jets Soap Opera unfolding before our very eyes. I can only offer this advice to those thinking about a PSL...WAIT. It can only get better for you.

12. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Actually real estate is down, it is still a lot of money but if you have money and credit to buy right now it's the ideal time to do it. I know this much, real estate is a much more solid investment and will appreciate a lot better over time than Jets tickets or PSLs. Pretty much opposite ends of the spectrum of good and bad investments right now.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I HOPE THIS THREAD NEVER DIES! It is a wealth of info--hopefully when they resume making calls ( next week ? or did they start again this week? ) more info is posted. I was going to be contacted Aug 3rd but my rep told me due to the vacation/ holiday I was pushed back to the 10th. If no one else posts, you can be sure I will before and after my time comes! Does anyone know if they are past 1990 yet and or what seats are being offered up stairs, last time I saw any posts, there were still plenty of seats left in heaven,,,oops I mean the upper bowl :drunk:

14. Green Blood

Green Blood Active Member

From the sounds of it, sounds like the PSL sales are bad at best? Good news for me, we have been thinking all along that we would be happy with the 4 or 5ks... our seniority sucks, only two years....

15. Section 227. Row 5

Let's not forget about the PSL resales which are allowed to commence in March of 2011, practically only a year and a half away now. Anyone with buyer's remorse, anyone who's financial or personal situation has changed or who's corporate tax shelter disallows the write-off will have a pent-up desire to unload at the first opportunity. This might be particularly pronounced if our Mark Saviorez experiment fails and/or he's the guy but for a multitude of reasons go 4-12 that year.

EBay and StubHub will be flooded with sales offers, substqantially below face in some instances. So yeah, your advice to wait it out is a good one. There's no telling what the next 20 months will bring.

16. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

If they start selling PSL's for comparable seats for less than was paid by other people, they will have two potential courses of action to avoid an inevitable class action lawsuit. A lawsuit they would lose IMHO.

1) Money back to previous purchasers by either lowering the principal of the loan/refunding a portion of purchase price.

2) Discounted or free tickets over X amount of years, or a free upgrade to a more expensive PSL section, but ticket prices stay the same. Buyer's decision.

17. Section 227. Row 5

It startled many initially that they began this PSL thing off with their cheesy, classless, circus/carnival-like eBay auction for the best seats in the house. Right out of the box, this established an uneven pricing structure precedent (some paying more, some paying less) and it didn't seem to bother them then. And they got away with it and the only reason they cancelled that particular sales method was that it wasn't working well for them because the prices were not holding up. Had they been getting top dollar, they probably would have continued it.

If they were to resort back to that kind of marketing to finish selling the rest of their cockamamie PSLs, I don't think there is grounds for any kind of legal action at all (and they knew it when they did it the first time and know it now). After all, they'd be exposing the rest of the seats to "fair market value" and don't forget, they can always fall back on, "Well, anyone who wanted to add to the number of seats they've already purchased is free to bid on additional seating," so they're not excluding anyone or not offering the same deals to any remaining buyers, current PSL holders included.

I'm afraid they'd have themselves pretty well covered should they go back to eBay, which is a real possibility given they curiously used that venue right out of the box.

18. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Again, I agree. The Jets might be crooks, but they aren't dummies. I'm sure each PSL contract clearly states that the price you agreed to is the price you will pay, regardless of any "market corrections." Look at the Yankees...they cut their retarded tickets from $2,500, to $1,250. And whoever paid for those ridiculous $2,500 seats couldn't sue the Yankees, nor could they get any money back. All the Yankees did was offer them double the amount of season tickets they already had for the year. So if you bought 2 seats at $2,500 each, the Yankees gave you two more for free. GREAT, THANKS!! So if anything, the Jets will lower the PSL's in the club sections, and offer the existing PSL holders more tickets for free. So when its early December, and the Browns come to town, and the Jets are 2-10...you not only have your original $700 PSL tickets to sell, the Jets have now given you more to sell!! ENJOY!!

19. Section 227. Row 5

That's always been the bug-a-boo... the ticket prices and getting rid of unwanted tickets you can't use for whatever reason. It's not the PSL as much as it is the ticket price, each and every year, year after year.

You have stars in your eyes when you send in the ticket payment, then November comes and you have to bail on a game or two for whatever reason and you can't give the things away... then you compute in your mind what you ACTUALLY spent (this is BEFORE PSLs were ever even conceived) and you ask yourself if you need to be checked into a rubber room.

I can't imagine what that feeling will be like after having shelled out 4 or 5 Grand per ticket in PSLs on top of escalating, never-ending increases in ticket prices. It's going to be fucking brutal.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

WE ALL HAVE BEEN in that parking lot when we could not give our tickets away! How many times have you seen a gazzillion guys at the gates trying to get rid of tickets? The PSL's will not help matters------in 2010 they better set up medics at the gates for people who are unable to get rid of their tickets !