Dolphins/Jets week 17 game on NFLN now

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Psycho 78, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Psycho 78

Psycho 78 New Member

Well in the game that this thread was originally about we didn't hide behind the Wildcat. Sure we ran it but we scored two touchdowns on pass plays from uhm....... A guy named Chad Pennington. Remember?

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

The season nyjunc is referring to was Herm's second year as a head coach. He made the playoffs his first year as well.

3. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

This thread is pretty sad from both sides. Who will be king of the losers?

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Herm made the postseason in 3 of his first 4 years, let's see Sparano do that.

5. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Since when do division titles mean ANYTHING?

That's right, they don't mean jack.

What matters are Championships and recent history.

Recent history shows that New England OWNS the entire division as long as Tom Brady is on the field.

And when it comes to Championships, you have 2 to our 1 and the last time one of our franchises won something it was the early 70s

Wow. So awesome.

6. Psycho 78

Psycho 78 New Member

Another Jet fan that lives vicariously through the Patriots. Yawn.....

Well I can tell you at this point the Dolphins are way ahead of the Jets in the quest for their next NFL championship and I guarantee if the Jets had won more division titles than the Dolphins every single person who has argued with me would use it to brace their argument. Yes a division championship isn't a SB win but it still counts.

7. Psycho 78

Psycho 78 New Member

Herm Edwards is an idiot.

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

No way I never root against the Jets but at the end of the day the Dolphins like the Bills and the Jets are still looking up at the Pats ass. The Dolphins have been pretty pathetic for a long time. I really couldn't give a crap about them one way or another. I really do hate the Pats.

Lets face it the Dolphins won the division but they weren't a legit contender. The Pats with Brady are a legit SB contender. I hated the Jets lossing the last game but it would have killed me to see a hot Pats team do some real damage in the playoffs while I got to watch the Phins get their ass kicked at home in round one. It was nice to see Parcells eyes bugging out of his head during that one.

Again, never rooted for the Dolphins, I never really considered the Dolphins that big of a rival. To me it was always the Raiders and Bills and than the Pats. I still consider the Dolphins an expansion team.

#88 winstonbiggs, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  9. winstonbiggs

Parcells will leave before you get there and the team will probably fall to shit again? This was the same nonesense we heard after Saban took you to 9 and 7 year a couple of years ago with the big win streak before going to shit again.

The talent level on both teams is pretty even right now. Both teams are clearly rebuilding and behind the Pats. The Dolphins have a better shot to make the playoffs because you have a veteran proven QB. That doesn't mean you're ahead in a quest for a SB chances are the veteran QB might put you behind in that quest if our unproven QB lives up to his unproven potential.

10. nyjunc

Parcells is not the coach, he set them up w/ 2 good guys running the team. parcells was nothing more than a mediocre GM anyway, Miami will be fine w/o him.

11. winstonbiggs

So besides 98 which Jets team did you ever see that actually was good enough to compete for a SB?

Parcells is one of the top football men in the game in ever aspect of the game and he is clearly the guy behind the Dolphins. He was the guy behind the Jets team that almost won a SB and he built the team that competed under the following 2 HC after BB walked.

#91 winstonbiggs, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  12. nyjunc

In my life I would say '82, '85, '86, '98, '02, '04.

Parcells got us to the AFC Title Game b/c he was a great coach not b/c he was a great GM. The talent was mostly there. He got a couple of great FAs in Mawae and Curtis(gave up alot for Curtis), got lcuky w/ Vinny and Cox but his drafts were dreadful and his FA signings after '98 were dreadful. Look at our '97-'99 drafts and you will cringe. Remember we had the 1st overall pick when he took over and the garbage we got in that draft is embarrassing.

I love how Parcells gets credit for inheriting all the talent he did w/ the jets then also gets credit for building future teams he didn't build.

13. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

2 more wins in 2009 is way ahead?

Right. :lol:

Division Championships mean NOTHING. Super Bowl Championships mean something.

And how do we live through the Patriots by stating the FACT that New England has owned and continues to own this division for the last 9 years.

14. winstonbiggs

98 was the only competitive SB contender, 85 and 86 the AFC sucked so maybe we contend for a SB with no shot to win. 98 we actually had the goods to win. 02 maybe with a better coaching staff.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Tony Sparano is a Parcells' meat puppet.

16. nyjunc

True about '85 and '86, even had we made it we would have gotten killed. '82 we could have won it all as well as '02.

17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Why don't you go talk crap on the board of a team that didn't beat your team for half a decade straight. You win 1 game,and you come here making a fool of yourself. The jets own Miami. We own the all time series and our fans provide your stadium with it's only yearly sellout.

18. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

04 team had some obvioius flaws, but was close enough to do it with a lot of luck going their way. Obviously they could have beaten Pittsburgh, New England would have been a very difficult game, but it's just one game, all it takes is for Brady to get hurt early and for one or two Jets to play out of their skins and it's a tight one all of a sudden.

19. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

It's probably because it's a Dolphins fan coming on a Jets message board to talk shit about finally splitting a season with us in the last 5 years and then talking about owning everybody else in the Division. It's a joke that doesn't even make sense. String together a couple of sweeps, and win the Division in the next 3-4 years back-to-back and then Dolphins fans can come here and brag about owning a team.

A Jets fan talking shit abt the Dolphins and being biased abt his own team in a the team's message board isn't really a big deal. There will be people who call them out on their bullshit as it's always been done in the past. A Dolphins fan coming out of the woodwork after 5+ years talking about 'owning' the Jets on a Jets message board...you don't see a difference between the two?

20. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I have a feeling this thread is gonna pick up right where the "Channing Crowder" thread left off...isn't it?