17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

QFT brother! I'll be there with ya. From sec 132 row 22 on the 35 to sec 340 row 22 for the same price. Bleacher Creatures unite!

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I'm curious to see the giant screens they have.

They're supposed to be 1080p too right??

I think with the field level seats being so close now we can have our own Lambeau leap.

Maybe the Jet Jump or something. In Giants stadium they would have jump off a trampoline to make it up.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm two sections over, Section 342, Row 16. Tickets will be $15 less (saves me $60 per game) and no PSL. The west side parking lot is gonna be where it's happening baby.

Tailgaiting and football. There are no other reasons to go to the Meadowlands. Don't need none of Woody's stinkin' amenities. Ain't there for the food. Ain't there for the clubs. Ain't there to spend a fortune. Just football and tailgaiting.

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

section 347 cold have had 342 also but 347 had a lower aisle row.
    wow
    342 would have had me
    and baamf??
    damn i wish i took that section now.

but $10 per tix saves me $30 a game $300 a year.

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I heard they already changed the screens or changed the order because of the quality of the Yankees screen. Its amazing, lets hope its on that level

6. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Yes, the Yankees screen is amazingly high quality. I hope the new Meadowlands ones will be similar.

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Have you guys heard of any of the sponsors names yet??

Jet Blue would be perfect, I know that's been talked about a lot but probably wouldn't happen.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

how exactly do you talk about high quality on a 50 foot screen that you are over a hundred yards from? i just dont understand the importance of quality in a jumbotron.

9. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I guess you have to see it to understand/appreciate it. Watching replays, highlights, gimmicky video, whatever from anywhere in the stadium is just super clear and like watching high quality TV from home. I certainly wouldn't say HDJT (that's HD Jumbotron) is a requirement for my enjoyment at a game, but the one at Yankee stadium is so high quality, it's striking.

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The one at Yankee stadium is better then any TV I have ever seen. Its like nothing you have ever seen. Bottom line, who cares unless they show ALL the replays, not just the good Jet plays.

11. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I freaking can't stand replay censorship. It's like we're 5 years old and not capable of handling disappointment.

12. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Exactly, all of the TV timeouts should be as many plays as they can fit from the last series.

13. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

I've been to the Linc in Philly (same group designed this stadium) and there is no way to know what the amenities are like in certain areas since there is limited access, so I would guess that once you are in the uppers the rest of the stadium is off limits?

I am sure after the first hot game and all of the old timers (anyone 40+) trotting up to the upper third level inclines there may have to be extra first aid available.

It's alot harder going up then down. Start getting in shape now, 5 miles a day walking at least 3-4 times a week (10,000 steps in about an hour and ten to twenty minutes) If you haven't been in the excercise mode in awhile start off with 20 to 30 minutes brisk walking non-stop. Take the stairs if you work in a Manhattan high rise within reason.

Make little adjustments to get ready for 2010.

If you are under 40 and not overweight, don't laugh because it will happen to you, look at your Dad, if you are not careful and once the downward spiral starts it's a bitch to turn around. It doesn't get easier and excuses are a dime a dozen. It usually takes a life changing event to get you going (if you survive)

(this was a public service announcement, rant whatever, not directed at anyone or anybody)

#2133 jets&rushfan, Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  14. jetsyoung

jetsyoung New Member

Huh?...or just have a few beers in the lot beforehand and you'll ride the magic carpet right up to your seats.

Start with 1-2 beers a day - 3-4 days a week.

If you haven't drank in awhile - start with Busch beer for 20-30 days.

Liquid lunches if you work in Manhattan; but walk briskly by the NYSC locations for exercise enroute to your favorite pub.

Work your way up to Bud by 2010 and enjoy a cold one on the escalator ride to your seats.

15. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

yea the lower sideline seats (coaches club) and mezzanine sideline seats are non excessable by the rest of the ticket holders.must have a sideline ticket to enter these "CLUBS".even the psl people in the lower and mezz end zones cant enter these clubs

16. alleycat9

i never liked that and although this is a football stadium and there probably isnt much to see in the back halls it just annoys me when they have class separation like that.

17. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Just chuck the paper "Jets" airplanes from the uppers and let gravity take it's course. I am in Row 22 upstairs so I'll have to work on my throwing mechanics.

Raining Jets on the expensive seats. Sounds fun.

18. alleycat9

yeah thats gonna be quite a throw. i am sure you can fill a bud can in the bathroom and get it to the rail. why use paper when you can use urine :) sometimes it sucks to be a douchebag.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

J-e-t-s

Certainly hope so. I'm thinking my seats in 301 row 7 make me a candidate to lead the upper end zone J-E-T-S cheer from that end.

Let's face it, we old timers who will be occupying most of the seats up there will be looking to recreate the alternating chant between both upper end zones, Fireman Ed be damned.:jets:

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Does anyone here think Fireman Ed will be sitting in the UPPERS? Mezz? ummmmmmmmmm my guess is no way,,,,,