ProFootball Weekly 2009 Preview... Jets dead last

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Wow, you're obsessed. Anyway..you mean the Tim Graham that covered the Phins for the Palm Beach Post? Yeah I can't imagine why he had a reason to play the contrarian. Either way, because you found 1 guy that misses every point we've been telling you, proves nothing.

Chad Pennington was involved in 1 WC play? OK so wtf does that mean? Nothing. It won you 1 game for certain that got you the division. Even TIm Graham should make mention of that, otherwise he's just as ignorant as you.

Which is pretty impressive, because you're pretty ignorant. Maybe you can find an article claiming you're not an ass-hat.

What I find most impressive is the timing of his blog entry from his chat. Did you ask him the question yourself?

Your AFC East mailbag delivered

June 27, 2009 9:10 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

Before we dig into this week's AFC East mailbag, I have a little unfinished business to tend to from Friday afternoon's chat.

You can quote me when I say Tim Graham is an ass-hat.

#621 JohnnyJohnson, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  2. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Yeah everyone and their FACTS about the wildcat are wrong, but you and YOUR opinion about the wildcat are right. Glad we cleared that up.

And BTW, Tim Graham also wrote for the Boston Herald, the Buffalo News and the Las Veags Sun,....whiny!!!

#622 feelthepain, Jun 28, 2009
  3. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Who the hell is whining, first of all? You're the one on a Jets board, bringing the same conversation up over and over. That is the definition of whining.

Tim was answering an ignorant question that was asked during the chat that stated most of the Phins points were scored out of the WC. Which is in fact incorrect.

Nonetheless, how many times they used it per game means nothing. Only a retard would argue otherwise, and frankly, I don't give a damn who he wrote for - it's wrong. He did so much research and that was all he could come up with? Penny's overall stats and how many times a games it was used? How many times Penny was involved in the WC play? That's a pathetic display of how bad some journalists really are.

You don't have to be a genius to figure out that those stats alone will not lead you to such a claim. Again, if Tim thinks the WC didn't bring them a division, he's just a dumb as you.

This is the last time I'm going to debate this with you. I'll gladly debate Tim Graham with numbers that actually mean something, any time, in any forum.

As for you? YOu can scour the internet for articles that support your moronic posts until the day you die and it won't make a world of difference.

In summary, what I'm really trying to say is, you and Tim are both morons. G'day sir.

4. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

And you have a reading comprehension problem...

"I can't count the number of times I've tried to explain the Dolphins used the Wildcat sparingly, that there's a misconception they used the direct snap to Ronnie Brown as their base offense because it dominated highlights."

The whole point of his article is that it's not a gimmick base offense and it was used sparingly.

Retard.

#624 JohnnyJohnson, Jun 28, 2009
  5. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're the one talking about how the wildcat was such a HUGE part of the Dolphins scoring in 2008!

I have been trying to BEAT IT INTO THAT TINY PEE BRAIN of yours how the Wildcat was hardly used while you were beating a drum about how important it was to Miami's ability to score points. 8 TD's over 13 games and half of those came in the first games they used it. So you're trying to tell a Dolphin fan that 4 TD's over 13 games was a huge part of Miami's scoring?

It's like talking to a Jet fan whos best attribute is nose picking.

6. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

but i thought...

7. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

So...

Dolphins used the WC formation in 13 games sparingly. About 6 times per game.
    8 total TD's came from the WC.
    Half of those TD's occured in 1 game. 4 TD's against the Patriots in Week 3.
    The same game where the Patriots give up 461 total yards that game AND 38 points. The most yards and points their defense yielded to their opponents the entire season.

You're right, the WC had no impact whatsoever in that single game or the season.

8. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I provided a link, you didn't, see the difference? Obviously not! Give it up whiny.

9. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I said the Wildcat wasn't a big part of the Dolphins offense in 2008. I was right. One successful game in 16 is not a big part of a teams success. Although you want it to be for whatever stupid reason that's up to you.
    Whos to say the Dolphins wouldn't have beat the Pats without the wildcat in week 3? What say you Ms.Cleo?

10. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

1 successful game in 13 is a big deal when at the end of the year it came down to that split between two teams with identical records.

Seeing how the Patriots took care of the Dolphins later in the year, and given the history of Dolphins-Patriots matchup records of recent years...I have to believe the Patriots had a very good chance to sweep the Dolphins. If they sweep the Dolphins, they don't win the Division. See how it works?

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Just having the threat there was effective. It was a huge part of your offense no matter how many times it was used. It took a lot of attention off of Chad and the fact that he is a limited QB.

12. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

It's not where Miami scored their points. It was nothing more than a distraction that occasionally scored a TD. It was less and less effective as the year moved along.

I will explain this again, Miami used the wildcat, but it was a very watered down version. Basically a one dimensinal formation. To run the wildcat effectively you need the threat of the pass. Miami was so goo against NE because they weren't expecting it. As the seasonwore on teams basically stacked the box and closed all the running lanes. Since the Wildcat was no longer a surprise, Miami lost the advantage.

They continued to run the wildcat, but not because it was a strength, but because there was always a chance someone could break loose. AGAIN...Miami drafted Pat White because he can do all the things the wildcat needs form the player who receives the snap. Run, Pass or hand the ball off. Pat also could line up at the WR position and actually be a threat, something Pennington couldn't do.

By running the wildcat in 08 they lost a player with Pennington linning up at the WR position because he couldn't really help the team from the position. Miami even though running the wildcat were taking a chance by only having 10 players on any given wildcat play rather than 11, making it even easier on teams down the stretch to stop the run.

You can think whatever you like about the wildcat, but it was nothing more than a way for the Dolphins to jumpstart their enimic rushing attack. Miami had no idea it would be as effective against the Pats in week 3 as it was. That big victory was just a bonus. Miami only ran the play to keep team off balance after the Pats game, but it wasn't used very often at all, and it was just a very small part of the Dolphins overall success in 08.

Miami's coaching and Defense were far more responsible for the Dolphins success in 08 than the wildcat ever was.

13. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Uh huh, but didn't the Dolphins still have to win 10 other games to make that 1 game Patriots game important? You seem lost as usual about the reality of this situation. That Pats game is meaningless unless the Dolphins win 10 more games. So when you look at it the Pats game, it was no more important than the Raiders game or the Bills game or the 49ers game. They all had to be won in order for the Dolphins to have a chance at the division title and a playoff berth.

Heres the reality of the Dolphins 08 season, thanks to fantastic leadership and skill at the QB position, a fantastic record setting season by Joey Porter and a coahing staff that convinced a team that was coming off a 1-15 season they could win if they did things the way the coaches asked them to do things, Miami won 11 games. Breaking a bunch of records and not only making the playoffs, but winning the division.

Here's a suggestion, why don't you spend your spare time trying to twist the Jets 08 season into something you wanted it to be and not what it really was cause you are clueless about the Dolphins and their 08 season.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

and we are talking to a Fin fan who's best attribute is editing his posts.

you lose.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I et you thought that way about Fiedler, Daunte, Cleo Lemon, Trent Green and John Beck. i love that the dolphions and their fans are ready to make the same mistake we did by throwing away Chad pennington. The dolphions for years have been searching for a QB, they finally find one and now they can't wait to get the next big thing in there for them.

I'm not sure Chad Henne's as good as Kellen Clemens let alone Mark Sanchez. Let's not forget that in 2007 when we had no OL or no running game KC did lead us to a 3-5 record while Chad led us to a 1-7 record. KC has never had a shot behind the revamped OL and we saw what Chad did last year w/ a mich better OL and running game than he had in 2007.

He had good coaches here and a better organization but he always got HURT. He hasn't been durable which is why he is not still here.

Herm was the worst possible football coach that made 3 postseasons in 5 years(the 2 he misised Chad was HURT) and did Herm's teams ever .lose a playoff game as bad as the "great" Tony Sparano los last year?

I love how Dolphin fans act like it's 1985 and they are still an eliter franchise. Our inconsistent ways? Since 2002 we have made the postseason 3 times, you guys ONCE and your last playoff win came in Dec. of 2000 while our last one was Jan. 2005. Tell me about consistency again?

Weren't 4 of the TDs in one game? That would leave 4 for the remaining 12 games- is that a high %?

16. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

I'm simply correcting spelling errors when I see them, If you don't belive that to F***ing bad.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

bahahaha!!

you're so full of sh!t...it's actually comical. [​IMG]

18. agrich

agrich New Member

Missed a couple here

19. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Brett sucked balls but he was a necessary evil to get us past the Chad era, just like you had to unload Fiedler to move ahead even though it was painful for a couple of years.

Fortunately for us Brett is gone and we have moved on. The Fins are simply in a holding patern until the next QB comes along.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

They disagree. They think he gives them a shot at a championship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.