ProFootball Weekly 2009 Preview... Jets dead last

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

There you go making shit up again.

2. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

You wish, LITERALLY!

3. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

what are you, 12?

4. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

ya obviously i was serious about that dumbass.

5. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I hope you're right, otherwise he may be of the "special" sauce.

6. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Yes, you're right. (I think I was thinking of when we faced Indiana the year before in Round 2, after beating USC). But you got the point.

7. jetsmetsfan

jetsmetsfan New Member

I think that reports like that are great. This should be a team with Fire and attitude this report in my opinion should be posted in the locker room as another reason to impose pain, Lets hope our opponents have a lot of ice packs on their sidelines .

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

And your point is what exactly?

All I implied was that his 2002 season was better than his 2008 season. Nothing more, nothing less.

Also, there is no such thing as QB rating. The statistic you referenced is known as passer rating.

9. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

yikes, just about everyone in the world calls it QB rating. i think he was talking about the fact that the fins fan was backing up his argument with stats, yet penny got smoked once he hit the playoffs.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Well, then just about everyone in the world would be wrong.

An 18-month old post of mine:

#610 Cakes, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  11. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

despite this, i think 'passer' rating is an overrated stat. i like to look at my qb's in terms of ints and ypa.

12. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

A lot of places have us last. Screw em. I know this team is good, and even though the division looks tough on paper, I think we'll be right there.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't love the stat, either.

Other reasons why there is a distinction between the terms "passer rating" and the fictitious "QB rating"- Passer rating does not take into account leadership skills and intelligence. Those aspects of quarterback play are maybe just as important as the act of passing.

In 2006, Damon Huard finished #2 in the league with a passer rating of 98.0. Based upon the statistic, Huard was factually the second most efficient passer in the league. Was he the 2nd best quarterback? Absolutely not. Nobody who knows anything about the NFL would have rated Huard as the 2nd best quarterback that year.

Finally, this is from the NFL:
    "It is important to remember that the system is used to rate passers, not quarterbacks. Statistics do not reflect leadership, play-calling, and other intangible factors that go into making a successful professional quarterback."

14. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

that's the problem with the whole stat. in fact, football stats in general are a bit misleading. i think the only way to judge a player/team is to watch him.

15. The Uniform Bomber

Thank you for interpreting correctly.

16. The Uniform Bomber

Exactly. Which is why, those of us who have watched Chad his entire career and then watched him last year on the Phins, saw the exact same style of loss that he became notorious for with the Jets.

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

There are over 600 posts in this thread and I've read less than a third of them. I've only been parachuting in here and there. I just don't have the time for Pennington debates. So when I saw your reply, it read as smart alecky to me.

18. The Uniform Bomber

Whatever, no worries.

19. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

BTW, I did a little research to see whos really making shit up, of course it was you, but what else is new.

I just love the ignorance you call common senses and I though I'd post a little info to prove your ignorant rant about the wildcat and how it was SOOOOOOOOOOOO, IMPORTANT, for the Dolphins and their success last year.

I found a little info on ESPN, by Tim Grahm and it's funny, he addresses this very topic. When Tim did his research, guess how completely 180 degree his findings were about the wildcat opposed to your ignorant POV of the wildcat? Shocker to you I know.

Well lets take a look and see what he has to say, shall we? Here's a littel blurb enjoy the read...that is if you can read. Oh and comprehension....(whispering) it's important!

BTW, I highlighted and enlarged the first sentence because you epitomize the sentence, it's almopst like Tim was speaking directly to YOU!!!!

Here's the link to the whole article.....whinny little biased, uneducated AFC east Jet fan.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-8-238/Your-AFC-East-mailbag-delivered.html

20. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

As noted a few posts above, I haven't bothered with much of the Pennington/Jets-Dolphins fighting here, but I did read a few posts on it.

If people are saying the Dolphins won the division primarily because of the single wing plays they ran in 2008, then they didn't watch much of the Dolphins games AND/OR they are simply trying to annoy the Dolphins fans in this thread by saying a few gimmick plays are the #1 reason the Dolphins won the division. For what it's worth, I don't find single wing plays to be pansy football. That's actually tough, manly football. It was the regular scheme in the formative years of the league and I would like to see more of it in today's game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.