ProFootball Weekly 2009 Preview... Jets dead last

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

You could say that, but over the years they've had several OC's. Beli focuses on the Defense aspect of the team the most. Throughout the years we've seen the Pats go from a smashmouth running team (Corey Dillon) to an all-out spread formation (Moss, Welker). You can say it's the system, but that's one hell of a system.

I don't think Brady is overrated I actually think he's very good. Cassel had a good 5 years learning in that system. Plus, he had Welker and Moss to throw to.

Name me 1 QB you'd like to have manage a 2-minute drill on the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl being down by 6 points.

2. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Pennington is 32 years old... Chad Henne is considered our "Qb of the future", not Pennington, so obviously, I will be hoping Henne turns out to be a good QB in this league.

3. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Oh well because you've persoanlly heard something..that carries tons of credibility!!

No, that's just your opinion. No matter how badly you want everyone to believe what you think, not one person on this planet is linning up outside your door begging you for your opinion on football, so that pretty much tewlls you all you need to know about your opinion. Basically, it's nothing special, if anything it's very unspecial.

4. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

well he also thinks cassell was as good as brady too. remember when cassell epicly tied that 50 TD record his predecessor did only a year before? must've been against the dolphins.

5. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Really, and nothing like saying crap like "put Brady in Detroit"

You could put Joe Montana in his prime in Detroit and have the same outcome.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

no...but I do have to "endure" all your retarded opinions.....so in essence, I should've dumbed myself down to a 2 year old.

7. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

No not because I heard it..BECAUSE THEY SAID IT.

You're not very bright, ya know.

8. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

i don't think he's going to backup his opinion on brady being a system QB, who apparently is no better than matt cassell.

9. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Oh my. And you're opinion is gold I'm sure. You can ignore everything you don't want to hear, that's fine with me. When I'm quoting analysts, it's far from my opinion. It's the analyst's opinion. Which oddly enough holds far more water than your little cup. It's just a coincidence that their opinion is pretty much what Jets fans know from experience.

But again, you're the golden boy who thinks .5 TDs a game is a possibility when talking reality.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Just so you know Jauron has a division title too. Sparano did a great job in his first year but he still has alot to prove building upon that season.

at 100% Peyton isn't even close. if you are talking fantasy football Peyton is better but if you want to win Brady is BY FAR the best.

AFC east Defenses 2008:

NE: 8th in PA, 10th in YA
    Mia: 9th in PA, 15th in YA
    Buf: 14th in PA, 14th in YA
    NYJ: 18th in PA, 16th in YA

NE lost SIX more games in 2008 than they did in 2007. if you see Belichcik's record w/ and w/o Brady it is startling. Brady is THE biggest reason NE had a dynasty this decade.

That same system has earned Bill Belichick ONE postseason app w/o Brady in 7 seasons.

Brady never won a SB w/ McDaniels working w/ him and he won 3 w/o him.

11. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Why does this guy keep saying that I want everyone to listen and believe me?

I'm either right or wrong, it's just that simple. My god, I should have done what I said and put him on ignore. At least junc adds facts to his Chad-Love opinion.

12. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Yes they have and you could go back over the years and see Bradys numbers until 2007 weren't exactly HOF numbers. They were merely avg numbers for a QB. He didn't win any MVP's, he wasn't "so special" that he could be placed on any team and lead them to a SB. In 2007 Bradys TD totals double any single season he played prior to 07. Bradys was basically a 3,500 yard 25 TD a season QB.

When you compare Brady's numbers to Mannings, Manning only had 2 season in 10 years that he threw for less than 4,000 yards and they were still 3700 yard seasons. Manning has 4 seasons of 30+ TD's passes.

Tom Brady in his career has 197 TD's and 86 int's Brady has 111 more Td's than int's.

Peyton Maning in his career has 333 TD's and 165 int's Peyton has 168 more TD's than int's.

Peyton is clearly the more talented QB, Brady is a very good QB, but he looks better than he is because of where he plays.

I could name several, it depends on if you mean playing today or in the history of the game, cuase if you mean the hisotry of the game, Brady would be quite a ways down the page.

#352 feelthepain, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  13. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Yeah because The Colts had a shit D for how long? Marvin Harrison? My god this is pointless.

14. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Umm, why are you posting if you don't want people to listen to you? Kinda stupid to think you don't want people to listen to you, but you keep writting.

If you don't want or care care if people listen, but feel the need to play with your keyboard why not just type like this,

uhucwuhjvecnwcnfrvkujncksdajnkdvhjbvfkjn?

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

There is alot more to the position of QB than fantasy #s, this is why Brady is so much better than Manning. Brady comes through in January/Februrary, Manning comes through in the reg season.

If you switch manning and Brady I would bet Indy would have 2-3 SBs right now and NE would be lucky to have one.

Manning is more physically gifted as was vinny testavrede but neither are close to Brady.

16. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I hate Brady and Manning is one of my favorite players in this league. I know Manning is a hell of a QB because I love watching the guy perform. This really shouldn't have been a hard question for you to answer.

Brady or Manning when the BIG game is on the line to win it all. It's really not that complicated.

17. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Oh really? So as usual every team but the Jets have a Defense and WR's. The Jets didn't succeed because of "Pennington" the Colt did because of Their D and Marvin Harrison.....please god find some logic soon.

18. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Cough here's a hint....9 years and 12 years. Please phrase you answer in the form of a question.

19. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

That's fair as far as the Patriots defense goes. Good to see someone backing up their talk with statistics. I still think Miami and NYJ will have a better defense than the Pats this year. As for Brady being better, sorry but I just can't agree. Brady had alot to do with the Patriots dynasty, of course/ But the Patriots also had a top 5 defense year after year as well, Manning did not.

20. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

he still threw 50 td's in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.