ProFootball Weekly 2009 Preview... Jets dead last

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Well if you think Jet fans are the only people allowed to post in this forum you should wake up from whatever dream you're having, cause there are Bill fans, Jet fans, Miami fans, Raider fans....All posting in this forum. Helllo McFly!!!!!

2. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

80% and still be the best eh. At 100% he's not even the best (Yes Peyton is better). At 80% the Patriots will not win the division, nor make the palyoffs. This division is getting much too conference. And let's not forget, the Patriots play the same "Tough" schedule we, and the rest of the AFC East teams play, so we will surely see how he does.

I do believe Patriots run offense will be fine, with people worrying about the pass game so much, but their defense isn't scaring me one bit. An old front 7 mixed with an average at best secondary. And please do tell me how their defense was best last year? I never thought of it like that, so maybe you can enlighten me.

3. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Exactly. Dick Jauron may be the worst head coach in the conference, certainly top 3 in the whole NFL.

4. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

What?....

The Patriots won 11 games without Brady and matched the exact same record the Dolphins had. It was technicalities that won the Dolphins the Division. Nothing more. Nothing less. If you honestly think the Patriots are the same exact team with Brady back there instead of Cassel, I have to believe you're on crack.

And no. The Dolphins and the Patriots don't have the same schedule. You face tougher opponents like the Chargers and Steelers, while they face the Broncos and the Ravens.

You're delusional if you think the Dolphins will take the Division again.

5. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

He's only partially right. The Jets had a better run D. NY and Miami had more sacks, but over-all NE allowed the least yards and points.

6. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

I'm delusional? Lol. Not going to argue with you, no point.

7. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

I see the Patriots D being worse this year. Their secondary is looking very suspect imo.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Come on, man. You bashed me for not providing 'intellectual debate'. And this is your idea of that? Why don't you provide even a tiny football reason for these ultra-vague posts.

9. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

They certainly aren't getting any younger in some spots, but they offloaded a little age this year. It would be nice if they had to constantly play from behind, so I hope you're right.

10. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Yeah you're right. After looking over the standings from last year, I forgot how the Dolphins went 16-0 on the season and totally wiped the floor with all the rest of the AFC East teams. You're right, I forgot how much it meant for a Dolphins fan to make it to the first round of the Playoffs. That's like winning the Super Bowl, right? Yeah. That must be it.

11. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Get over yourself.

12. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

because you are wrong. you essentially called the matt cassel pats better than the 80% brady pats. the pats will finish with a better record than the fins, who face a tougher sched.

13. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

he's right though. you said their secondary is suspect, yet failed to provide a reason for it. do you even know who plays in the pats secondary?

14. R&R Express

R&R Express New Member

Did I say the Dolphins were a powerhouse? No I did not. Dolphins have just as much chance to win the division than the Patriots do. Jets have just as much a chance to win the division as the Patriots do. As I said before, all will come down to Quarterback play. But yea, keep up with the sarcasm, it really makes you look smart.

15. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

No, no. He's right. See, when the Dolphins win the Division...that's a dynasty team in the making. Sure, it took a season ending injury to one of the most clutch-QB's in the league, and it took the introduction of a completely new offensive scheme in the Wildcat, and ok, we'll even throw an entire 5-game Jets collapse right at the end of the season...but nah, it was the Dolphins. It was ALL the Dolphins last season. And this year, they're gonna pick right up from where they left off.

16. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Okay, so please enlighten me. You said an 80% Brady-led Pats won't win the Division nor make the Playoffs. So, let me ask ya...if they don't...who will?

**SPOILER ALERT**
    I think he's gonna say the Dolphins

17. feelthepain

feelthepain New Member

Yeah I mean 3 straight 7-9 season and maybe 2 wins in those three seasons against teams with winning records. DJ just as a Bill is 21-27. Overall his win% is pathetic. The Bills have probably the worst Oline in the division and lose Lynch for the first three games. Not only that but last year the Bills played basically the same weak schedule the rest of the division played and they couldn't take advantage of that weak schedule. I really fail to see how they intend on winning with this years schedule. I think the Bills are in serious need of a complete rebuild from top to bottom.

Hey I realize nyjunc was expressing an opinion and I'm fine with that. I just don't agree the Bills are in position to be the second place team in the division unless finishing with an 8-8 record is the second best record in the division and it belongs to the Bills. And for the record, I think 8-8 is generous for the Bills.

18. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

when you have as durable a QB as penny back there too, you know you will be near first.

19. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Spoiler alert! That is some funny shit yo!

20. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Psh. Shows how much you know. They've upgraded their OL so that Pennington will never be touched or harmed on the field. Basically, this OL will not give up 1 sack the entire season. Not to the Patriots. Not to the Jets. Not to the Steelers. Not to the Panthers. You know...those teams that go hard at the QB. Nah, none of them will even lay a finger on Chad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.