17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Who is going to make this thread go to 100 pages I wonder? :)

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

YOU just did!

Thanks for your participation, KSJets, you've contributed a lot.

3. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Woohoo...I'll give myself a cookie :)

4. that ahole

that ahole New Member

To z28lt1 -
    I haven't gotten my call date email yet though I anticipate that the day of reckoning will be soon.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

keep us posted guys, regardless of what others might say I enjoy this thread as do many of my friends and the wealth of info that come along with it!!

6. Section 227. Row 5

Call the ticket office, give anyone who answers the phone your account number and ask them if they have a "call date" yet. I did that when I figured my day was approaching and they gave me the exact date of the call. This was about a month in advance and I'll be damned if the call didn't come a month later, on that exact date (June 16).

7. Section 227. Row 5

Baamf is 1989 and I believe he said his date is June 30th (???), so yeah, you should be coming up in early July I would think.

8. no psls

no psls Banned

Any further word on the parking situation ??

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Wow. I'm 2001, guess I'll be called some time in the fall. Not that it matters, I guess.

10. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i have recieved an email and additional calls about 2009 season tickets.there is actually 2 seats available 3 seats over from me.im trying to get friends to buy them. but if anyone is a season ticket holder and knows how hard it is to get friends to buy a single game.you know how my friends to buy season tix is going

11. Kobe Jets

Kobe Jets New Member

Thanks for the photos 17a_tallgater!

12. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Jets to wear corporate patch on practice jerseys
    Posted Jun 23, 2009 4:06 PM
    By DENNIS WASZAK Jr.
    (AP)
    Print
    http://www.fanhouse.com/news/nfl/jets-to-wear-corporate-patch-on-practice/540245

NEW YORK -The New York Jets are taking advantage of a new NFL rule this summer that will allow them to place a corporate logo on their practice jerseys as a source of additional revenue.

The rule allows teams to sell sponsorships on their practice jerseys, and the patches can be no larger than 3 1/2-by-4 1/2 inches. The patch the Jets will wear starting in training camp features the logo of Atlantic Health, a New Jersey-based health care provider that owns naming rights on the team's training facility in Florham Park, N.J.

"In this climate, teams have to find ways to deliver additional value to their corporate sponsors because everyone is facing their own unique challenges," said Matt Higgins, the team's executive vice president of business operations. "It's an example of trying to go the extra mile to deliver value."
    Terms of the deal ? first reported by the Daily News last week ? weren't disclosed, but Higgins confirmed Tuesday the Jets will earn extra revenue.

Houston and Green Bay are among other teams exploring similar options.
    "When we first did the agreement, we looked for ways to maximize (Atlantic Health's) exposure through impressions at the facility and through the media," Higgins said. "The original agreement contemplated that if the NFL ever changed the rules, they would have the ability to put their patch on our jerseys."

Sponsor logos are common in U.S. auto racing and golf events, but the NFL allows only one logo to be worn on a practice jersey. The Phoenix Mercury recently announced it will become the first WNBA team to put a sponsor's name on its jerseys.
    "The NFL wants to be certain that the brand you're associating with meets the high standards of the league, so there are controls," Higgins said. "There's no desire to NASCAR-ize the jerseys, so there's only one allowed at a time."

The Jets are also working with the state of New Jersey, as well as New York and Connecticut, on developing instant lottery games that could reap an additional $1 million in revenue. Higgins said he expects the team to make an announcement within the next few weeks on the games that will feature a combination of significant cash prizes as well as unique Jets experiences, such as accompanying the team for a road game.

Higgins also said "sales are going very well" with the Jets' personal seat licenses. The team announced its PSL plan last August and held on online auction in October for 620 choice seats for the new stadium, which opens in 2010. The non-auctioned seats will cost season-ticket holders between $4,000 and $25,000, but spares 27,000 upper-level seats from the new fee.

"We're still in the process of going through our season-ticket holders year by year," Higgins said. "We're only up to 1985, so we still have a ways to go. We feel very confident that we're going to sell out the building."

13. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Guys , I've been following this thread for months , and I really appreciate all the information that's being provided here . My situation almost forces me to choose a PSL.

I'm a long time Jet fan who was born in 63 and really diodn't become a diehard fan until the early 70's , unfortunately the 69 Superbowl just didn't have that much meaning since I was so young at the time. Anyways I started going to games regularly at Shea the last couple of seasons there as one of my neighbors had season tickets and didn't always use them . My cousin and a bunch of his friends got tickets in 84 when the Jets moved to the Meadowlands, I went to a few games but did not have my own ticket. In 85 another of my cousins got 6 seats and I went in on his tickets and have been going every year since.

The problem is that the tickets were always in his name and there never seemed a need to switch ( every year when ticket money was due , I just sent him a check . no probelm) . In 2000 my cousin couldn't go to the games anymore so he transferred two tickets to me , two to my brother and sold the other two, we thought that was great until the new stadium concept came about .

So here I am in all regards a season ticket holder since 85 with 2000 seniority. The group we taligate with are all 84 seniority who just got seats in 345 . Now I have two choices sit home and watch on TV or fork over the PSL and join the group I've been together with for most of my adult life . In my position , I'd have a tough time walking away since I love going to the games , so most likely i will be going for a EZ ( Mezz or Lower) . My brother who also has the 2000 seniority is probably going to walk away . It really sucks but what can you do .

14. cassie96

cassie96 Member

No, you get a free PSL! :rofl2::up:

15. Section 227. Row 5

Man, this is a tough story and one which we'll be seeing more of, IMO: People being forced into the PSLs. I know exactly what you are going through, BigMehl, because I was thinking I was going to have to make the same tough choice as you. I was fortunate because I didn't have to, but my decision about 6 weeks ago was, "Screw it. If I can get in without paying the PSL, fine. If I can't, I'm walking away. I'm not paying the same PSL for upper Mezz End Zones as people are paying for lower Mezz End Zones."

Tough, I know, after going to the games every fall. But trust me, there's life after going to live Jets games.

16. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

The tough part is that when the new stadium was announced we figured that our whole group would be able to finally sit together after all these years. Our tickets are currently in the lower tier while the 84 group is in the uppers. As details started coming out about the PSL's and seat selection process, I realized that my brother and I we're going to be getting screwed.

I'm not bitter torwards the seat selection process , as I think its probably the fairest way to address it. My only hope was that the ticket office would consider our long tenure and the fact the tickets were in our family - but no deal since they were in my cousins name and not "nuclear" family accoring to the Jets.

17. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Any word into how well the seats are selling?

18. F WOODY

F WOODY New Member

F Woody !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, 'Crack the Sky', you should change your name to 'Crack of Woody's A$$' ..... because that's where your dipshit comment belongs ......
    This thread has been invaluable to many, many Jet Season Ticket holders as they gather info about what seats are available in the 'New' Stadium when their turn comes up .....

19. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Nice, good job with the sticky.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

eeeeee i dont know about this sticky idea!!!! i am a little scared! and i will guarantee that there are people searching below trying to find the thread without realizing its up here. maybe a mod could throw a post down there or 17a even letting others know its up here.

that sucks mehl! i hope they dont take you by the shorthairs once you do the psl. i hope at that point that you can get the low level psls in the mezz as i am sure there are alot of people choosing them as well. let us know how you make out and when you find out when you will be getting the call.