The Ryan Plan Of Trashtalk

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Jun 19, 2009.

1. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Ryan's loud mouth is garnering a lot of attention. Recently an anonymous AFC East coach made his sentiments felt. However Ryan is not merely trash talking aimlessly to gain attention. He strikes me as a calculated man and I think what hes trying to do is change the culture of the organization.

Rather than "Ok lets try and win this one"

He is trying to change it to

"Ok let them beat us if the can"

I think Ryan is doing a great job of transforming the culture of the organzation and hope he continues in a calculated manner.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i think he is doing the same. it just doesnt go over very well with me when you havent done jack shit yet.

i also feel that they will respect you when you are good whether you feel the need to tell them how good you are. do it on the field. leave the bullshit for someone else.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Talk isn't cheap if you can back it up. If we whoop ass this season his comments are justified. If we swing and miss RR will look pretty fuckin' stupid.

4. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

It goes beyond that. I agree with the original poster.

While there aren't style points in the NFL, you can loose in a number of ways: you can lay down and get waxed, or you can put up a fight and physically/mentally punish the other team for playing against you.

5. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Thats just the way rex is thats why we got him, He's a tough guy who doesn't take no shit and he runs a defense to back it up. Hopefully it translates with our guys.

6. alleycat9

actually talk is cheap whether you back it up or not. those who really know how good they are dont feel the need to tell everyone. they will find out soon enough.

while i understand what he is trying to do i really dont agree with the whole concept. i am hoping he will stfu and really kick someone in the teeth.

i havent heard too much from him the last week or 2 so maybe that is what he is doing.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

And Eric Manidiot looked pretty fuckin' stupid. It's about winning. If Ryan loses he'd look like an idiot whether he ran his mouth or not.
    I'm glad that Ryan is confident and brash. I don't like sissy coaches like Manidiot and Rich Kotite and Herman Edwards.

8. The Uniform Bomber

That's the thing; he's not the one actually getting the chance to kick anyone in the teeth. The players do that. So he needs to change the attitudes of the players from their passive, robotic demeanor that Mangini instilled.

Like I said, even if you lose, you can go down with a fight, play fiercely and with passion. He's trying to tap into the players' intensity, and whether they win or lose, if he brings out their intensity, then what he's doing is justified and acceptable.

Whether or not the Ravens have been winning over the past few years, their D has been dominant and scary. That counts for something.

9. alleycat9

oh i know he is trying to break that mangini passivity. i just dont think he needs to do it through the media. it is MUCH more important that he says the right things EVERY DAY and instills these things in his team during their meetings, what he does in the media really doesnt mean shit to his teams attitude other than making him seem like a douchebag and someone that i personally find difficult to root for.

him winning wont make me like the fact that he is talking too damn much.

10. The Uniform Bomber

I disagree. When he comes out and says stuff like the stuff he's been saying, it shows the rest of the team that he's fearless. And that should rub off on them. He's saying, "This who we are, we're gonna let you know, both on and off the field." That's different than saying it strictly behind closed doors. He's doing it in both settings, and thus, staying consistent with who he is; I'm willing to bet the team respects that and plays with more intensity because of it.

Furthermore, by him generating all of this media attention on himself, it deflects some of the scrutiny that would normally go to the players.

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I like what RR brings to the table too. I like swagger. I hope it translates into wins.

12. alleycat9

i can agree to disagree, i dont think it deflects as much as it brings more attention to everyone.

i am not the type that shoots my mouth off. never have had any respect for that. never will.

when it happens occasionally it can be dealt with. when its all the damn time it is very very annoying to me.

13. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

ryan's mouth is a huge refresher from mangini... as the players seem more relaxed and excited to play. a lot of guys were pressing for someone with that swagger he has, but the great thing is he has the track record to back it up.

14. Tight

Tight Active Member

if i hear the word swag or swagger one more time ....

15. JETSFANNYC

JETSFANNYC New Member

Bottom line, this is the kind of talk that builds morale in you team. Ryan understands as much as the rest of the NFL that the jets under achieved. The jets went from 8-3 to 9-7, and I didn't all ride on Favre's arm. A lot of it had to do with that asshole who's destroying the browns now. Bullshit play calling and drill sergent attitude doesn't fly with grown men who have already have a sense of self achievement. Treat them like men who lay it on the line every Sunday, and that's how they'll play. Treat them like a group of 4th graders and that's the result you'll get week in and week out.

In closing.... Fuck bill belichek, fuck channing crowder, fuck anyone who thinks this team is gonna fall flat on their face, fans included.

16. Phear

Phear New Member

Yeah and us drafting a hispanic to lead this team was equally annoying to you.

What rex ryan is doing is building a confidense that this team is in desperate need for. It is also changing the attitude of the team, for the better most here would think.

When this team shows up to play on sundays they will play hard for this coach and play to win. We will see an intensity in this team that we haven't seen in a long time and that will be mostly in part to what rex ryan is doing.

Win or lose I think this team believes in their coach by his actions thus far. And although it may get a bit annoying what he is doing will benefit this team, hell its benefiting the fans by pumping us up.

With the small exception of a few, including yourself it seems.

17. alleycat9

no us drafting a guy who was grossly overrated and paying him 50 million was equally annoying to me. the fact that if he and last years 40 million dollar man dont pan out we will be picking up the pieces for the next 5 years annoys me. get it right the fact he is a mexican really doesnt make a difference. i dont like him because i dont think he is very good.

so playing hard is based on your coach talking shit in the offseason? really thats interesting, i dont remember all the great head coaches talking shit during the off season every week.

i dont like cheap shit talk, its a waste of energy. it makes you look like a douchebag.

now like i said hopefully it is done for a little while, i just hope he isnt always talking trash.

everybody has such a hair across their ass for any kind of negative thoughts on their new man loves.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You say you don't like shit talk. Well, then kindly explain your sig.
    "The Dirty Sanchez - A time honored event in which while laying the bone doggie style, you insert Your finger into said woman's *******, pull it out, wipe it across her upper lip leaving a thin, **** mustache. This makes her look like someone whose name would be Dirty Sanchez."

That's certainly shit talk right there. Also, highly annoying. The whole Dirty Sanchez thing on this message board is so juvenile and moronic.

19. alleycat9

thats not necessarily a negative thing, many use it in a positive manner. its a nick name and while it may be in poor taste i wouldnt say its shit talk.

think of it this way, ryan is out there pumping up his troops, well really he isnt pumping up his troops in the media... he is out there pumping up his fan base... now what happens when we actually do end up 7-9 this season? he looks like a tool and his pumping up that he has done wont be looked at by the fanbase in the same way again, his words become basically useless.

his team gets pumped up by what he tells them not what he tells the media. he is setting himself up for failure.

nobody likes the guy who runs his mouth, all the time on this board i see everyone talking about how this that or the other guy talks too much and he is a blah blah blah..... but now WE have a coach who is talking too much and everyone thinks its a great thing. that kind of homerism is annoying as well.

it doesnt matter what rex ryan does right now there are fans who will applaud him for it.

like i have said i think he will be a VERY good coach. i just wish he would stop with the trash talk in the media. while i dont care for his bragadocious style i still like him at this point 100 times more than i did mangini or herm edwards. right now i actually feel as though we have a coach who COULD... maybe... possibly lead us to another level but see me after the season when he has actually done something before i come out and say it to the world.

20. alleycat9

and you know what cakes, point taken on the sig.... it is in poor taste and i will remove it.