17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

2) I'll take the money I would have given the Jets and put it away for 18 years in a college fund for them. If they ever wonder why we don't have better seats at the stadium, I'll explain to them that I'd rather have them have a college education than a better seat in the stadium a couple of times a year. I'll also save extra money by not having access to the "clubs" with all that expensive food and liquor. We tailgate, we're not into all that fancy bullshit. Don't need it, don't want it at a football game.

that is a great lesson to teach!!!!

i really wouldnt say that woody is a great businessman, if i am correct he was born into johnson and johnson money he did not create it.

when i read about carolina having a cap in the contract that they could only raise the ticket prices by 4% a year i quickly thought they must be doing this with the jets. but alas they are not. they can and judging by what has happened the last 10 years, WILL raise ticket prices in the range of 5-10% wherever they can.

and that will be a complete shame for someone who is sitting on a psl.

17a i am wondering where champ is to tell you to call mike on wfan :)

i would however love to hear what they would do/say about this on the fan, imagine joe and evan going apeshit for 2 hours about it.

2. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Shoot. Well if that's the case, then I guess I'll have some extra seats for 2009. If anyone wants 2 face value uppers with a parking pass for 2009 let me know.

3. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Well that really blows, but I'll try to defer it anyway.

4. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I just got off the phone with them, and the rep told me that I could defer again until next year, but he did say that the chances of getting seats for 2010 are slim if I stayed on the waiting list by deferring. I told him the chances of me getting seats I could afford for 2010 are pretty much slim no matter what.

He said "every season ticket holder will have the option of buying tickets, either psl or non-psl in the new stadium". That was his way of trying to get me to buy them now. Then I said that they may only have $30k psl's available anyway so what's the point of wasting money I really don't have now, just to get hit with that option later.

#1664 KSJets, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  5. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Interesting. Thanks. If buying seats in 2009 from the Jets meant I could get free uppers in the new stadium, then I'd do it in a heartbeat. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'd think buying them now would effectively move you up a few hundred to a thousand or so spots on their list. Basically, move you from near the top of the waiting list to near the bottom of the season ticket holder list. I suppose it's possible that would give you some extra options when selecting seats, but my guess is that either way you'll be able to choose $5k and up PSL seats for 2010...

6. KSJets

KSJets New Member

The only PSL I would ever consider, and it's such a longshot anyway, is the $4k one. That's it. It's either upper deck or the $4k PSL for me. No other option.

7. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I hear ya. I'd rather do $4k than $5k, and I can't afford any of those ridiculous $400+/seat prices. So for me it's either free upper, endzone mezz ($4k + $120/seat) or lower mezz ($5k + $120/seat). I'd probably just get two seats, though, and since the ticket prices are the same for those two PSL options, I'd possibly go lower mezz.

But again the longer I think about this, the more likely it becomes that I'll bail entirely. Or, probably most sensible is to just chill the f out, don't get seats in my name, and just find someone to sell me seasons in 2010 and beyond like I've been doing for years :)

The problem, as someone stated above, is that I'm an obsessive Jets fan who thinks about this issue entirely too much in hopes of continuing to go to games for many years to come...

8. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Agreed. If Victor Green bats down that bomb by Elway with the Jets up 10-0 in the 3rd quarter, the Jets and Tuna probably would have pulled off the impossible and won the super bowl.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Isn't that a bitch? And I LOVED Victor Green. But that game just sticks in my craw like no other. Fucking John Elway. And you just knew it was coming....

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The Browns double OT loss still hurts more then any other game, can't even watch it on NFL Network.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I hear you, but the Denver game, that was the next-to SB playoffs. 10-Zero at half, then we fucking blow it.

I just want to watch such a game in my own stadium with a win. Maybe it will still happen...

12. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

Keith Byars = GOD OF THE FUMBLE.

What we have that game...SIX turnovers I believe? Recrackulous.

13. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

This thread is being hijacked. Back to seat selection folks, please.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

PSL sucks, Uppers or bust, Upper deck is gonna be like the old shea stadium crowd without the seats bouncing, people are gonna be shokced how high and far away we are,we will wind up taking a shuttle from our lot its so far and they are gonna charge us to piss so bring coings or EZ-Piss. Their you go, back on track.

15. coorslightcans

the upper deck psl free seats will bring out the best and worst in people. frustration will set in from those who have had lowers for life and are now upstairs. imagine a game like the denver game i cant imagine whats going to transpire up there. seats lit on fire. cars in the parking lot torched. oh my imagine that all thanks to woody.

2009 could be my final season as a season ticket holder and im ok with it.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Reality Check:

What are you talking about?? Lit seats on fire, cars torched, dude, you are out of your mind. The upper deck will no longer have those type of punks, these will be the real fans. You are one bitter dude and totally off base. Sorry that you are being forced out of the UD, but once its all said and done, we are all gonna love this new place and if the team is playing well, we will have a blast, if not, typical jet bitching. The only people that are gonna be pissed are the 10K PSL owners who paid mucho $ while we paid zero and if the lower level fans hate the UD, then they will give them up. And you are not ok with it, you are trying to convince yourself that everyone is gonna have a terrible time and its gonna suck. Once people get their seat assignments and move one, everyone will chill and get psyched to watch our very good football team. I was bummed about leaving the old Yankee stadium, now I can't imagine going to that piece of shit, the new place is great!!!

#1676 sec314, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  17. coorslightcans

reality is many of the new and improved upper deck fans will opt out after 1 year. there is no comparision to the lower level and the upper deck dude. its like driving a cadillac and then trading it in for a kia. many of those fans will become irate and upset after sitting through a game like the denver game and then the trouble will begin. these so called real fans will realize the travesty that has occured in losing their luxury lower level seats to sitting in the nose bleeds where the average man once sat and go beserk.

i remember the bills game where they lit the seats on fire and the cincinnati game where the row of cars was torched. do you sec314?

im not bummed or bitter bro. im disapointed in the owner woody johnson who failed to deliver football at an affordable price to the most real and loyal fans in football. too bad i dont consider you real or loyal sec314.

#1677 coorslightcans, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  18. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Please! There's nothing wrong with diehards talking Jets on this thread as the seat selection rolls on. Notice after your "hijacking" crap, the thread slowed to a crawl.

I say, let any and all conversations from the die hards continue! And if anyone gets their seats, please post this info too.

19. Namath12

Namath12 New Member

The Doug fucking Brien game, where we lost to the Steelers in OT after having two chances to put the game away also was soul-crushing. In terms of all-time painful Jet losses, the Denver AFC Championship loss, the Browns double OT play-off loss, the Steelers OT play-off loss and the Dolphins AFC Championship loss (AJ Duhe, 14-0 in mud) have to be at or near the very top of any list. In fact, I'm getting bummed just typing this out. Fuckin' Jets!

20. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

Just an FYI to all, if you want to upgrade your 2009 tickets at the medowlands call the JETS. I had 2 in the upper deck which I upgraded to a great sideline location in the lower deck. All it took was a phone call. Take advantage of it for this last season !