17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Jet140 Zone:

Our stories are almost the same, 1981, live in NJ, loved shea, finally got all my 6 tickets together but I have always sat in the Upper deck and take offense to the "haves to the have less class" reference. We all would prefer the lower level fireman Ed crowd remain downstairs so the people who have been sitting in the uppers for 20 years can remain there, pay the damm PSL's if your type of people are on the lower level . Not saying there are not good fans downstairs, but # 1 sitting upstaris is the best view for a football game hands down and not everyone in the uppers are 20 year old punks that puke on your wife and scream show your tits. You must be one of those martini drinking jet fans or got to 2 games a year because only people who DON'T know the scene would say that. I hope you fall down climbing the stairs!!!

#1381 sec314, Jun 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

314 your posts have turned quite confrontational in the last few pages of this thread. much more confrontational than the guy on your left would ever be.

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Most of us feel the same way I'm sure. It makes no sense to pay so much more than we have been, so it makes the most sense to go with worse seats that our seniority at least allows us to obtain PSL-free, and if the new stadium doesn't tickle our fancy, we bail. Hopefully it won't be a mass exodus, since any of us who are on this site and care, really do want to be there. I can't imagine not going to Jets games.

I took seats in 301 row 8 which they say is really row 4 since the EZ uppers begin at row 5. I figured if I was corner or EZ I'd rather be dead center EZ, which I will be. I save $10 more per game per seat that way. I was in 122 under the roof which I've been happy with. Didn't want to leave.

The bastards. At least we know the uppers will rock like never before.

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Stop posting when you are drunk, you are dilusional. We were all hoping for 2K, that would have been a relief and stub hub does not sell tickets for the Jets so someone would have to but the $400 ones first. How old are you that you can not afford 2k PSl spread out over 5 years. if you can't, and that's ok, then you should work more and post less. Lets get real, this is NY, not North Dakota

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its nothing personal but I took that as a cheap shot at the upper deckers. I will chill, whatever man, its cool dude, light one up brother. Seriously, I will chill

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its all good man, we all have a shitty day in which we yell at people a little bit. it just seemed odd.

loge is your sig for real? 121-121-1 wow who would have ever thought the jets were THAT mediocre :(

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I just had back surgery last Thursday and its still killing me and I am all doped up..... well that's the good part. Sucks being home all the time and this damm weather. Anyone ever have a Lumbar Disctectonmy?

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

stop making excuses you grumpy old fuck.

mezz rules baby

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

We are the 1st row of the UD primes on the sideline. The ones the NYGs fans pay a 5G PSL for

10. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

What sections ??

11. championjets69

U know U never replied if U R a STH so R U or R U not?

Ur assumption is quite correct concerning my tix users as I do wish any difficulty from either side.

12. championjets69

I do wish to say what section to protect my tix users. I have said several times however for the 6 seats from my seat when U look down on the NYJ bench I am on the left side of the bench. For the 2 seats on the opposing side of the stadium when U look down on there bench I am on the right side of the bench

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Waw Waw Waw. I will be fifty in October, thanks for the reminder. At least you don't have to live with me this week. Thank god the Yanks have been winning, its been a good week to watch ball. I have watched so much ball and listened to Stern and Fatcesca to get by.

14. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

You are either in section 307, 308, 319 or 320. And I say this with 90% certainty.

The other 10% lands you in section 309 or 318.

There is no chance you got anything better.

#1394 backtoshea, Jun 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  15. 17a_tailgater

ha ha ha have about them MESS? oh i mean mETS.

upper decks people will be given flashlights to cheer in morse code so at least they get there point across.b/c there voices cant be heard from that altitude.

16. F WOODY

F WOODY New Member

Originally from LogeSection2RowJ - from Page 55, Post #1091:
    My advice to everyone is that the end zone seats are not as bad as you might think, PSL or otherwise. Others have mentioned the better views you'll get in the endzone in some aspects (pass routes, seeing holes in the line, kick-off coverage, sacks when you're behind the QB) and I back that 100%. I've sat at the 50 for some preseason games, and left them at half time for my more familiar seats at the top of 122. I can say without hesitation that when the team drives towards you and gets to the 30, there's no better view. Now, having said that, I have yet to experience that view from anywhere other than row 37 lower level, so I might sing a different song in September 2010 when I'll be way up there. I'm banking on a raucous group of true fans along side me, and the old-style J-E-T-S chant returning the way it used to be - as an "argument" between both upper deck end zone loyalists. We don't need no stinkin' fireman to lead us!

Woody still sucks.

LogeSection2RowJ, you are 1000% correct in your above assessment ....
    I sit in Sec 120 right now and when the team drives towards you and gets inside the 30 there is nothing like it.
    Only people that sit in that area of the stadium for a long time could understand this. We are brothers in arms on this one.
    I know that people in the uppers think that they can see the game better, see the whole field etc, and they are right, BUT when the Jets are about to score right in front of you it is Awesome !!!!
    If they are inside the 5 and they break the huddle and come to the line of scrimmage, you can see exactly what the QB is looking at defensively. You can hear the QB loud and clear as he barks out the signals, you can hear the players grunting and hitting ..... and when they score a touchdown it's just an incredible scene going on right in front of you .....
    Ahhhh, the memories of Jerome Barkum @ Shea cradling that pass at the goal line against Miami to score the winning TD and the stands bouncing up and down and the whole stadium just going absolutely nuts !!! They tore down the goalposts that day ..... and I still get chills just thinking about it ..... It was our 'Rudy' moment as Jet fans ....
    Sad to say, that is one of the things I'll miss most after 43 years of sitting there .....

Now it's off to the Uppers due to inbred Woody and his corporate pals ..... anybody know where I can get a good pair of binoculars ? maybe Woody's pals that attend the Opera would have a good source for them ...... and don't be surprised if he opens up a Binocular/Telescope Store in the Upper Deck .......

F WOODY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. championjets69

Wolf's Camera or you can try Craigs list if someone is selling a pair

18. 17a_tailgater

i am THIS CLOSE to dropping a bombshell on the new york jets ticket process

19. F WOODY

F WOODY New Member

and as far as Fireman Ed goes, don't get me started .... I hate that A-Hole !!!!!!!
    He's not even a real fan. I saw some photo's of him from his high school days when he was a DOLPHIN FAN !!!!!!! He was wearing Miami t-shirts and hats, etc .....
    and now he's Mr. Jet Fan ???????? Pleaseeeeeeeee .........

That chant that he does IS NOT HIS ...... the first time I remember it was at Shea and I think it was actually the Colts that had somebody doing it for their team.
    It was back by centerfield where the old ambulance used to be (anyone remember that?) where they used to set up the temporary bleachers.
    Then I remember when we moved to the Meadowlands and we now had a 'closed' stadium, that the upper deck in each endzone used to chant it back and forth like a contest. One guy would lead the troops on each side and it was pretty cool.
    Now the Fake-Fan Fireman Ed (or Fireman Gives-Head as my friends like to call him) has made the chant more of an annoyance than anything else. He picks the worst times to do it, sometimes interfering with the action on the field and just loves to watch himself on the Jumbotron.
    He only shows up for opening day, big games or nationally televised games and during the lean years he is nowhere to be found ......
    When he goes to away games, I hear he gets his tab picked up by the Jets !!!!!
    He gets tickets, hotel, airfare, etc ......
    Pretty nice for a guy that's not even a Jet Fan ......
    So don't worry about Fireman Gives-Head in the New Stadium. I'm sure the Jets will take care of him and give him whatever seats he wants, and he won't have to pay either .....

F WOODY and F FIREMAN ED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

There was a guy in the uppers of the Meadowlands who used to do the Jets chant from up there. He wore a Klecko jersey all the time. Older guy. I haven't seen him in recent years. I heard he was one of the originators of the chant.

You can say what you want about Ed but when the whole stadium rocks the Jets chant it is pretty damn awesome. When he was out a year ago with knee surgery, the stadium was awfully quiet. Well, we stunk that season but you get my point.