17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. KSJets

KSJets New Member

He has conversations with himself because he's the only one who can understand wtf he's talking about :wink:

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Thanks for saving UD seats for someone else. Seriously, congrats and enjoy.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

had 10k to throw at the jets?

ok then i challenge you to donate 10% of what you just spent on the jets to a charity of your choice and be a little altruistic. as a matter of fact i challenge every single person who spent money on psls for the jets to take a mere 10% of that and put it into something positive.

i know that 10k could buy a car for foster kids. it could help towards a scholarship for kids who cant afford to further their education. it could do alot, shit you could donate it to jdrf and help cure diabetes for me.

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Why does it bother you if he has the $ to spend on the PSL's or decided the finanacing is affordable? I can't afford but I wish i could so I would not have to sit so damm far away and I could sit in padded seats with more leg room

5. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I don't think that you can fault the guy and point fingers after he spent some of his own money on what he considered to be the "right" seating choice for him at the new stadium.

Pretty ballsy telling him to give 10% to charity, don't you think? Maybe he already gives more than that % to charity now- maybe he thinks that charities are a sham, maybe he doesn't care about you or the fact that you have diabetes. I have no idea what the guy does in his personal affairs.

Not saying if anything above is true- but it's really none of our business as to how folks spend their hard-earned or easily-inherited cash, right? I for one am happy to see that we'll have at least one true Jets fan sitting below the high-altitude seats.

#825 KOZ, May 19, 2009
    Last edited: May 19, 2009
  6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. Hey, I might have gone for the PSL if this were a year ago. This year? Hell, I had a very tough time paying the ticket bill for THIS year's tickets.

I get to select my bad seats next week some time. After that phone call, no one will want to go near me. I am not going to be pleasant to talk to.

At least I'll have good Blimp seats. For a year or two.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I've got a couple of weeks yet and according to Champ's calculations, I'm finished. His figures are never wrong and he keeps reminding me daily that 1984 is the cutoff, so there's nothing left for me to do now. In fact, no sense even taking the phone call.

8. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I wouldn't sweat it just yet...this market can go up another 250pts on nothing in the next couple of weeks, and everyone who was down on their 401k's, now has all of this PERCEIVED WEALTH again!!! Let's hope that happens, cause when people get perceived wealth, you know what they do?? THEY SPEND IT!!!! So there might be hope for you yet...Part of me is joking, but part is quite serious. There might be more PSL'ers than you think...opens the door for you.

9. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

A friend of mine just got 18 seats. He asked to be in the endzone, upper deck. The best they could give him was the entire row 8 in section 349.

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I guess he asked for them to be next to each other? I am not going higher then row 12 or so and I figured the end zone would be no problem. If I have to settle for row 20 something to be on the 5 yd. line or so or the end zone row 15, it might be one and done. I stood up in the UD on row 10 and I am telling you I got dizzy and had to sit down.

11. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I have been sitting in the end zone at the current stadium for 15 years and I can tell you that the seats aren't as bad as everybody thinks. It's nice to see the holes open up and you get a better idea of exactly how fast these players are. The holes look HUGE for a split second, and you see them close almost instantly as the defenders close in.

12. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

13. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

By the way, my friend was supposed to get the call yesterday, but the JETS seem to be running almost a complete day behind schedule.

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I had a very unsatisfying talk with my rep today. I tried to get some information before my "special" day, but was told I am not permitted to know anything. I wanted to know what was available in the end zone mezzanine and the UD, but he told me I am not to receive any information until "my call." He said that was what the Playbook and the 3D seating chart were for - so I could plan in advance. He also referenced my "preferences" from earlier this year. I guess I don't rate because I didn't state I preferred high priced PSLs.

I also asked for an "appointment" time on my day, but was told that was not possible either. I would be called when it was my turn. When I tried to explain that I work for a living and it is quite possible that I may not available when he calls, he said he would call my cell phone. When I told him that I can't be answering cell phones in meetings and that I'd like to have access to my computer to see the seats on the 3d seating chart when I have to make a decision that may determine my location until the next stadium is built, he stated that he would leave a message and I would call him back. I am not able to schedule my call around my work day. The customer is always first, except if you are a Jet STH.

So after 30 years, you get one phone call and have to make up your mind in an instant. What a deal!!!

I did press him for some information on accounts ahead of me. I have 1980 seniority. There are 3100 1977 accounts and the average account has 4 seats. He said some people have as many as 50 seats and some have 1. He said 12,000 seats will be gone by the time the 1977s are done. He said there are less than 1000 accounts before me after the 1977s and that about 15,000 seats will be taken (not counting club seats).

He said as of today there are multiple seats available in every price range and location, including upper prime.

Could other people (besides the few that have already) post their experiences as they are called so that we can share information and plan?

#834 Joe Willie White Shoes, May 19, 2009
    Last edited: May 19, 2009
  15. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

I'm shocked that there are still upper primes available.

16. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

sorry miss post

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i did not point fingers or fault anyone for spending his OWN money on whatever. i challenged him, and EVERYONE ELSE WHO BOUGHT PSLS to be a little altruistic. let me give you the definition as you may not understand what i am saying.

altruism n
    1. the principle or practice of unselfish concern for or devotion to the welfare of others (opposed to egoism ).
    2. Animal Behavior. behavior by an animal that may be to its disadvantage but that benefits others of its kind, as a warning cry that reveals the location of the caller to a predator.

i am simply asking them to do something for someone else without it benefit coming to them. i said to donate to the charity of your choice. and gave some examples.

is that too much to ask of someone? to do for others? this is part of the problem with our fucked up society. its not about the important things anymore, things like family, spirituality and community. its more about what can I do with the money that I earned for ME

so i didnt demand anything from anyone however i DO challenge them to it. if they already do then guess what they have met the challenge. if they were to say i am going to take a kid who might never get to see a game they have met my challenge.

i took one of my kids that i have taken into my world to a mets game last year, we sat about 10 rows from the top of the stadium and the 18 year old kid thought it was the greatest thing in the world to be at a real professional baseball game. he didnt bitch about seat locations or shitty hot dogs he was appreciative because it was something he never thought he would ever see. or ever be able to do.

you have to remember that many kids in this country have never left the city they were born in or live in. they dont get to take trips to the country every weekend, or have a nice ride home every day from school to their suburban home.

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Ok. I e-mailed the friend that take me on a tour of the stadium. I received clarification on the escalators. Its a good news

Mark

There are (4) escalators that go from concourse 2 to concourse 3. Concourse 3 is the start of the upper deck. There are (2) behind each end zone

The levels are as follows
    Service Level
    Concourse 1
    Suite Level A
    Concourse 2
    Suite Level B
    Suite Level C
    Concourse 3

Unfortunately I wasn’t sure at the time we walked the stadium and I was wrong.
    By taking Multi Escalators: Service level to Concourse 1, Concourse 1 to Concourse 2, and Concourse 2, to Concourse 3 you will be able to access the upper deck.
    You will not be able to access any of the suite levels with these escalators.

19. Section 227. Row 5

You are ahead of me with 1980.... I'm 1985. So yes, when your time comes, please post your experience and conversation as best you can remember. I'll be glad to post my experiences for those that are behind me when my time comes, but it ain't gonna be pretty. I think I'm going to be one grumpy SOB by then.

20. Section 227. Row 5

The designers probably refer to it as the "Jack In The Bean Stalk" escalator system. It keeps going and going and going and going....