17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well I certainly hope ur dream comes thru.

Those were the most heady of days. Then came the whipping of the NYGs in the there 1st game played against each other. Then came the raising of the championship flag. Wow what a immense feeling of pride I had when that was unfurled. Then it all crashed & burned in that PO loss to KC & thanks to the Hess & Woody have never been the same again

#781 championjets69, May 18, 2009
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
  2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I told you that they had 4400 accounts from the start to 1980. That's fact. Who are you to start throwing #'s out after that without any facts and bumming these people out. You have no idea how many accounts and tickets there are after 1980 or how many UD seats have been sold so far. Stop acting like the expert because you have had tickets for so long and have your tickets now. You are done, find another thread and leave us pesents alone

#782 sec314, May 18, 2009
  3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Question for anyone who has been to the new stadium:

Where are the stairways or escalators? Is access to the different levels still in the corners? TIA.

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Great story. Glad to hear guys like you are around. I hope we have Championship memories some day

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its completely different. There are no escalators to the UD, only ramps. I walked it but not sure how to describe locations.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am sorry, I missed the section you are in? Thanks

7. championjets69

What I posted is FACTUAL concerning the new season tix holders in 1984 since the M/land had 20,000 more seat capcity then Shea & that is a fact Jack. If U do not like true FACTs to bad but that is REALITY. Then on top of those new 20,000 seats there was a MAJOR repeat MAJOR swap out of exiting LIers & new season tix holders taking there place. That is also a FACT & I said very clearly if U did not read the entire post that I was ESTIMATING that figure since only the NYJs know how many LIers opted out at the end of the 83 season. But for sure/sure there were a whole passel of new SEASON TIX HOLDERS WHOSE SENIORITY BEGAN IN 1984. Just using the # U posted of average 3.5 seats per tix holder that would 5,714 new season tix holders just from the move from Shea to the M/lands NOT including the changeover from exiting LIers to new season tix holders. In fact I got 4 tix myself off the wait list for the start of the 84 season. Go check out how many seats in Shea vs how many seats at the M/lands. Before flaming someone U should check out all the facts & know the NYJ history of what occurred.

U know they say math is an exact science & all I was doing was posting the true clear pix of what is facing tix holders with seniority after 84. In fact U can even all it a heads up so those season tix holder can plan there future stragety when there turn comes up for discussion with the NYJs

#787 championjets69, May 18, 2009
  8. championjets69

He posted he is 314 & his call date was 05/06 & they are 17 rows up

9. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

313 actually, but close enough.

10. championjets69

Regret the mistype. Actually he should just have backtracked to find it as I did

11. Section 227. Row 5

Okay, but how do you get into the building? Where are the openings from ground level? It looks like there are some in the corners. I would like to get something close to the SW corner. Surely everyone isn't entering and exiting from the Great Hall Entrance or whatever TF they're calling it along the sidelines at the 50.

The train station is in the SE corner, for example, so the people getting off the train have to be able to enter the building from that corner of the building, no? TIA.

12. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Why would the Jets/Giants cheap out on escalators to the UD, especially given how massively high up they are in the new place? Sheesh. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to say it's a twisted plot to further incent folks to buy expensive club seats. Mwahahahaha!

If true, I want off this planet.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Unbelievable, right? You know your oldest fan base is going to wind up there... guys with seniority are the only ones who will get a crack at the Uppers. So what do you do? You eliminate an escalator.

Honest to God, if this wasn't so freaking demented it'd be hilarious.

14. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

One of the odd results of this whole process is that they guys with the best seniority will all be sitting together. Those middle 4 sections will be loaded with Darksiders forged in the disgraces of years past.

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I took a tour of the place with someone who works on the project and I did sit in the UD and I was mad as hell when I found out that there is no escalator to the UD, at least I did not see any and he told me there was none. Someone should ask . The question is will we be allowed to use the escalators to the other levels and then walk the rest or are they for PSL owners only? He did not know. We are the step child guys, we might be long timers but we are gonna feel like people from the hood. And yes, you can enter right by the train station so you should get that side. My friend said its gonna be really backed up in the queue area after the game to get a train so if you are on the other side, you are scewed. That's why I remember. Good question.

#795 sec314, May 18, 2009
  16. championjets69

H'mm what about those that are walking handicap? U mean they are going to force them to walk up ramps? What about the ones with heart problems that cannot get stressed out? Nah somewhere there have to be elevators or escalators to accomodate those people. The book they sent us says there are 38 escalators in the new stadium

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I know there was an influx of ticket holders when we moved including 2 more for me but you don't know if the people still have tickets. A lot of those people could have left a long time ago, it was 25 years ago. And we don't know how many accounts there are from 1981-1984, how many of those people are buying PSL's, going UD and or giving them up. The only fact is what the jets told me TODAY.

#797 sec314, May 18, 2009
  18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

They have elevators but its for handicapped only

19. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

What a joke. It's at least almost understandable to push extravagant features to sell expensive club seats. But removing basic and just about essential ones from the cheaper seats is just a weak and classless move. Maybe I'm talking out of my arse and escalators are like $100 million each, but it doesn't seem that way.

I was at Yankee stadium for the first time yesterday. It was kind of funny....at one point someone fouled one back over the net and it landed in the really expensive seats behind home plate. It was hysterical to watch the ball bounce around 2 or 3 times before someone grabbed it. It reminded you of a homerun ball bouncing around in unoccupied sections of seats in the outfield from the old stadium....except these sections weren't supposed to be unoccupied....they were just mostly empty since the pricing is so stupid.

Great game though! Walk off homer by Damon was awesome...but I digress.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Good, that means we all qualify because Lord only knows we all have to be mentally handicapped to even consider this shit.