17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I am not saying any of the above. What I AM saying is the 50YL Upper Primes were gone before one stinking phone call was ever made during "Phase II" by any rep. I'd bet my life on it and no one on this board will convince me otherwise.

And I'm not speaking for 17a, but I'm quite sure he would have opted for 50YL dead center 1st Row Prime if he had been offered. He was not, and why? Because they were already spoken for and given to the insiders.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I started 1 year before U & I really supprised that there are still so many tix holders that have hung on all this time

3. championjets69

Yes but the process began 05/01 & with his seniority he was 05/06 so they will already 5 days in with the 77s who had higher seniority then 17A had & those people may have gobbled up those seats. I would say there are 20/25 seats per row per section so if the 77ers 1st called say were entitled to 4 seats each or maybe even 6 seats each or maybe even more then the front row would be gone really/really quick. While right now it would be hard to prove if U R correct or incorrect in ur allegation next year it will be easy enough to find out when U can visit them & ask them where they came from right?

4. championjets69

He will be a neighbor of 17A if he goes thru with the PSL purchase

5. Section 227. Row 5

People should also remember there is going to be a lot of movement after the new stadium opens. Many people who are taking the Uppers are taking them on a "trial" basis. I predict there will be many who are just going to be in their new seats for a year and then walk away.

This will open the door for waitlisters and others who want to get into the Upper no matter what seat they get, so I think the Uppers will always be full, regardless. And after 2011, I predict many PSLs will be going on sale, particularly on the first permissable date. This will be due to a lot of reasons and just plain attrition. So everyone should relax and even if you don't get tickets this year, believe me, they will be available in abundance. And as far as the PSL seats, I predict some of them will go on the market at even lower PSL prices than the Jets are initially charging.

6. jetmike

jetmike New Member

Me too. I am the original tix holder. I was at Queens College and I thought I would do it for 2 years. This illness has lasted 44 years.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Wow, 44 years, man that's a lifetime. I am 29 years and not one home champonship game, never mind a super bowl. I get the feeling I am never gonna experience one of those 14-2 seasons with 2 home games in the playoffs and a super bowl win. That's the only reason I am still on board after all the hassles and crappy teams. The last 10 years, at least since Parcells took over, have been good but now with the parking issues and the $ for the new place, who knows how much longer I am gonna last. Please win it all this year so I can go to the new place and watch the Super Bowl flag being raised and end it there. That would be great. Imagine that happends and then we suck in 2010. I bet 75% of us old timers would give them up after that..... well, the non-psl guys would anyway. Another reason to avoid the PSL's, you are in control

8. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Yeah, patience probably is warranted. I think Yankee tickets can generally be obtained for below face value from StubHub and the like. I guess the world may be different in 2010, and perhaps the economy will be getting better by then. But I agree that there will be a lot of options for folks to get tickets at reasonable prices. If nothing less, Mezz seats will be selling for probably 70-80% off on stubhub, since very few people will pay $400-500/ticket for non-superbowl tickets.

9. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

It occurs to me that from a sales point of view the Giants had a lot more brains than the JETS. I think its a reasonably safe assumption to believe that the longer your have held your seats the more "addicted" you are to going to games on sunday. As I '77 guy, I sure can't imagine not going to games. The giants came to guys like me, put a gun to our heads, and said 20K or out you go. The Jets on the other hand, said pay, or else up to section 313 you go (which is where I got my seats). Faced with that option I chose the the free tix. What this sets the table for is the guys who only recently got their seats having the proverbial gun put to their heads. Having only had their seats for a few years these people will be more likely to say, "screw this, back to the waitlist I go." The upshot being, the GIANTS will sell more expensive PSL's than the JETS.

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I just got off the phone with the my sales person. I am gonna be called June 2nd as a 1981 person. There are 4400 accounts from 1977-1980 and they average 3.5 tickets per account. The sooner you pick the better so i plan on picking my seats on the call. Problem is, we have 5 guys that have to come to an agreement. I am gonna ask her to join my confrence bridge and talk to all of use at once. We can pick whatever is left in the UD

11. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

please post what seats you get, I'm curious to follow how this whole thing plays out.

12. championjets69

Wow if ur info is factual then for sure, sure 1984 will be the cutoff year since there are so many new accounts that year

13. championjets69

Yes I lived in Rockaway Queens when I 1st secured the seats. I to never thought 45 years later I would still be with them but I am. At least U & I saw the 68 AFL championship game which I am sure left U with fond memories. Then came the big enchildia when we won SB3 which I am sure left U with even more fonder memories which U hold to this day. Did U see the parade in person from that win. I worked at 25 Broadway so I walked up to City Hall to watch the ceremonies. I actually cried tears of joy when they raised the VLT there

14. championjets69

Make sure you have a credit card with enough smash to pay the advance of $500.00 per seat

15. championjets69

What row R U in?

16. Section 227. Row 5

Looks like I'm out as per your calculations.

17. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

My new seats are in row 17.

18. notajduhe

notajduhe Member

My new seats are in Row 17, I was called on 5/6.

19. championjets69

Well it is what it is. For sure they issued 20,000 more seats in 84 then 83 due to the move from Shea to the M/land & then on top of that there was the very large turnover of tix from the LIers who refused to commute to NJ. I think mostly NJites picked up those seats since that is when the NJites had a majority of the tix. I would guess that changeover was maybe another 10,000 or 15,000 seats on top of the 20,000 new ones that they sold. Since the UD is only 27,000 & I figure right now is more then 1/3 sold out the #s would appear to be against anyone after 84. Sorry if that affects U but that is the way I see it based on the NYJ history starting with the 84 season. Actually I am estimating the changeover of the LIers & maybe even higher & I doubt very much if it is lower. No matter what the 20,000 new tix issued is a true number since the M/lands held 80,000 & Shea held 60,000

20. jetmike

jetmike New Member

I wish I had seen the game or the parade. I went to the championship game which was great but then I had to go back to medical school in Italy and I listened to the game on Armed Forces Radio transmitting out of Germany. I had to sit by the radiator to hear the game in the middle of the night. I wish I had not gone back until after the game but at that time the hype was minimal since we were such underdogs. I hope to live to see the next parade with my grandsons.