NFL Live breaks down Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IrishSteveZ, May 12, 2009.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war.

2. TouchdownJets86

TouchdownJets86 New Member

How many starts did Matt Cassel have in college? But i guess he is a bust also!!

3. Con Seannery

Con Seannery New Member

i think we get it. everyone's entitled to their own opinion. it's been said before, but only time will tell how good or bad Sanchez truly is. until then it is all speculation. Guys like Merril Hodge and Trent Dilfer can shove it because they really don't know any better than anyone else. These "analysts" are no different than weathermen. They can be wrong 70% of the time and still keep their jobs. They get paid to entertain, and look at us, we're here discussing what they said 3 days later. Obviously they're doing their current jobs well, which can't really be said about their previous ones.

4. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

1. He plays in a weak conference against Weak teams.
    2. He is surrounded by Nfl Ready players and his competition is not.
    3. His coach is one of the best in College Football and can hide his weaknesses.
    4. If he would have stayed in school as it stands right now as far as the Qb's coming out in 2010 he would have gone in the second round!
    5. Usc Qb's are systems guys and it is no accident more often than not they are busts int he Nfl. They are the Duke of College Football.
    6. His arm is not much better than Chad's and in Oct in the Northeast that is just not good enough. Get him the best running game in Nfl history and he will still have to win a game with his arm at some point. Don't give me crap about his private workout half of this board can look good throwing in 80 degrees no wind, with no pass rush in shorts.
    7. How many comeback wins has he had if any?
    8. Do you want to give a Qb 30 Mil dollars who could not beat out Booty. Trust me a Franchise Qb would have.
    9. Whines like a girl. Lets see how he handles the media or fickle Jet Fans.
    10. A franchise Qb would get drafted at the top of the draft no matter what year he came out. He would not have to leave school early to do so.

#44 FOURTHANDLONG, May 14, 2009
    Last edited: May 14, 2009
  5. abyzmul

Thank you, Merril Hoge. I'll be sure to tell Carson Palmer that he can't hack it in the NFL because he is a system QB. His arm strength is in question, but to say his arm is like Chad's is weak-minded, even for you. His intermedieate passes have a lot more on them than anything I've seen Chad throw from what I have seen. Whines like a baby? That's funny coming from you, because it encapsulates your TGG existence. Predicting where he would have gone in 2010 is equally as weak-minded. You don't know where he would have gone, no one does, so just stop making yourself look foolish, and wash those leopard spots off, too.

#45 abyzmul, May 14, 2009
  6. FOURTHANDLONG

Lol.. Don't get me wrong I want you to be able to come back a year from now and rip me for saying this.

7. abyzmul

The only people I like to 'rip' are the only who say 'I told you so' like they are some football genius instead of some addle-brained turd regurgitating something they read on the internet like they did any research. Try looking at tape and seeing how he plays and telling me what you see instead of telling something somebody else saw or giving me stats that you think encapsulate his entire game. That I can respect.

#47 abyzmul, May 14, 2009
  8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

This is what I honestly believe:

If Mark Sanchez stayed for his senior season at USC, he still would've been a top five selection in 2010.

He was my top rated offensive player in 2009 and my rankings wouldn't have changed in 2010.

Sanchez has an edge on Bradford and McCoy because of the pro-style offense vs. the spread offense. The Big 12 is a shoot-out conference.

9. FOURTHANDLONG

Nobody is a football genius. The main thing that bothers me about Sanchez is the competition he played against and his coach being able to mask it because of the talent around him. Not sure if your a college Football fan but that Pac 10 is not good at all and any half decent talent can put up great stats.

10. FOURTHANDLONG

The question is would you rather draft two guys that played against better competition in McCoy an Bradford and played well or would you want a guy that played in weak conference in a pro set. At the end of the day you can't coach talent and Usc is a systems based program that has had alot of bust because of it. They Nfl readiness gets overrated because of their system so to speak.

11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

1. He destroyed Penn state in the Rose bowl and Ohio State in thier second game. So I guess they are a weak teams from a weak conference as well? In fact they beat all 4 ranked teams they played by at least 14 points this past season.

2. USC is know for having a high level of talent. I guess we should peanlize every player from the SEC as well then? Guys From lower divisons get a boost. Danny Woodhead must be the next all world running back huh?

3. He played in a pro system and was prasied for his ability to read defenses and taking what he as given. What weaknesses did you see that need hidden, or are you now just pulling things out of your ass. List me these hidden weaknesses.

4. Yes he came out early to take advantage of a very weak QB class. Then again, outside of Bardford, most QB's in next years class have questions about them being pro prospects. There is no idea what the future would have held had he stayed in school.

5. USC plays a pro style offense. They are some of the most polished prospects comming into the NFL system wise. This is not the spread where you make use of a gimick. They are playing the the perfect offense to get them read for the NFL. Duke of football? Now your trying to down grade Sanchez on what others have done and not his own mertis. Nice work at deflecting that you still don't have anything much to say about his game.

6. Your just dead wrong on the arm strength. No its not of Stafford or Cutler levels, but Sanchez has a more then adaquette are and can make all the NFL throws. Watch some film on him.

7. The only chance he had this past season he threw 3 TD's in the second half before being picked late to end it. Not a come back win, so I'm going with none. Yay you made one valid point finally.

8. Pete Carroll is know for going with the more establised player over a younger guy. This is also part of the reason he was pissed about Sanchez leaving. This hurt his team in his own eyes by losing the incumbent QB. Do I want Sanchez to get 30 mill? Hell no, but thats the reality of the situation when you draft a guy you think is a franchise QB.

9. Whines like a Girl? Funny, he wow'd all the NFL exec's with his attitude. Where do you get the whining from? this is the first I have heard of anyone bashing his attitude.

10. Ahh yes, to get to 10 points you just rehash #4. Nice tatic. He did come out early. He was a top QB and player in a very weak class. Every spot your drafted higher gains you tons of money in the first round. So if you need to bash him on being a somewhat intelligent bussinessman go ahead. He saw a weakness and took advantage of it just like he does on the feild. I hope that trend continues when he is our startign QB in the future.

#51 Harpua, May 14, 2009
  12. abyzmul

FOURTHANDLONG just went on vacation. :)

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...very nice.

14. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

EDIT: This post seems redundant after reading Harpua's response. Well done.

15. FOURTHANDLONG

1. Penn State did not even show up and was the spread like 8 or 9 points for Usc? I believe Beanie Wells Hurt in the Ohio State Game? Even though I will give you that because one player is no excuse.
    2. You miss the point. Because of the high level of talent and a system players are often look better than they are. Reference Matt Leinart or any Patriot player that leaves and is never heard from again except Ty Law of course.
    3. They all look good much like Leinart does when they play in a weak conference! The Team is talented but Sanchez is the one that benefits from it because they make him loook better than he is. We will see what happens when he has to come in the pros and make his team better. You think he has the arm for the meadowlands in Dec-Jan. Yea Okay!
    4. If you want to rate Sanchez over the other other Qb's that he would have come out with next year to make yourself feel better go ahead. Time will tell.
    5. A weak arm, lack of experience, and thin skin are all the makings of a failing game in Ny. Like I told you before I want to see what he does against real talent week in and week out. Pac 10 defenses are not the same as the Pats!
    6. We will see if he can make the throws with Defensive backs who can close and cover soon enough.
    7. Just a question to see how he handles pressure. If he is good he will have comeback wins in time.
    8. Do you really think a Franchise Qb would not have beaten out Booty. you think Carson Palmer would have sat behind him.
    9. You will see.
    10. He is an intelligent businessman. I would have done the same thing. WIth that said it does not equate to him being a top 5 talent in a good Qb draft.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Do you know who Carson Palmer is?

The PAC-10 isn't much weaker than the Big 12. I said it earlier, the Big 12 is a shoot-out conference. It's not like the SEC where teams focus on building dominant defenses. I'm willing to bet that USC would beat the shit out of every single Big 12 team.

Why was Mark Sanchez at USC? ...oh yea, because he was the #1 rated quarterback recruit in 2005. The best players go to the best schools. Don't knock him because he's a talented player that wanted to play on one of the best teams. That's the same thing as knocking Matt Stafford for committing to UGA.

#56 Mr Electric, May 14, 2009
  17. FOURTHANDLONG

Had to do some work. If I don't respond it is because I can't at the time.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

#9 is a weak argument... You will see? What the hell is that?

this kid has been a consummate professional. We'll see what?

Sanchez was rated over Flacco and under Sanchez by Mike Mayock, who is extremely trustworthy. I believe no QB in the 2010 class will be as good as Matt Ryan, and Sanchez is a notch or two under him coming out of college.

You seem to be way more afraid of the Pats and them alone rather than seeing this kid through on the other 11 teams they play during the season.

Harpua, nice job on the counter points.

#58 NDmick, May 14, 2009
  19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

After reading a couple more of his posts, FOURTHANDLONG is the Jets' version of RaiderJeaux.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...you...will...see