17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

The people who replaced them aren't any better. (The ones who wander in in the middle of the 1st quarter and leave in the middle of the 4th. These are also the people who don't make any noise to help the defense.)

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm afraid it's only going to get worse after 2010. The way the new stadium is spread out, the only one who would hear you from the uppers is going to be the guy who pilots the Goodyear blimp.

3. coorslightcans

the new stadium is not fan friendly in any way to real fans who go to watch a football game. after this year im probably done with being a season ticket holder. the jets dont want me there any longer.

4. Section 227. Row 5

This is unfortunately very sad but true. It's not about season ticketholders or live audience anymore. I think the TV rights and all the other perifery profit centers is what it's all about. The fact that there happen to be fans in the stands (or not) doesn't seem to phase the NFL one single iota as long as the "perception" of a live audience exists to hype the game up somewhat. But even that's not necessary as long as they can train the camera angle in such a way as to make it appear someone is there.

Then, as we've already seen with the Yankees, for example, if you overprice your tickets by 10 times what they're really worth and you've only sold 25% of the seats, you've accomplished your profit goal, haven't you. Instead of getting $100,000 from 100 people you've generated $120,000 from 20 people. Who cares what the stands look like, you've attained (and exceeded) your profit goals.

The only thing I can't figure out (and I don't know if they've taken the time to figure it out), is that who is going to be there to buy all this "4 Star" food and expensive Jets apparel at the stadium? You'll have the Upper decks loaded with us cheapskate non-PSL'ers and maybe a pretty full End Zone crowd, and the rest of the stadium will be half empty. It just doesn't make any sense, but then again, none of it has so far anyway.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

If U think in the remotest that noise helps the D then I think U ought to take a course in FB 101 after being to enough of games where the stands are shaking the fans are screaming on a 3rd & 8 & whammo the other side makes the 1st down. The only thing that makes for a good D is D players with talent lot & lots of talent & a DC that can scheme them into defeating the other side. Noise plays no part whatsoever in the success or failure on the road otherwise NO team would ever win on the road

6. championjets69

Just so U know the owner could not care 1 bit since it his HO that can easily replace U with someone else

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Thanks for lesson Coach Lombardi :rofl:

8. Section 227. Row 5

While I do agree nothing replaces a good D, DC and D-scheme, there are some fields that make it damned-near impossible for the offense to hear the cadence of the QB. What I'm saying is, an extremely hostile crowd that sits very close to the field (the dog-pound comes to mind... maybe the Raiders' too) sometimes disrupts the offense just enough to blow the timing.

Such will never be the case in the new stadium, however. That place is going to be quiet as a church mouse for a variety of reasons, not the least of which being that the fans that will be sitting in the "important" areas in terms of noise will be demure out-of-towners sitting in those sideline seats courtesy of some corporation. They'll neither be true Jets fans nor will they be enthusiastic enough or knowledgable enough to scream their heads off on 3rd and 8.

The only noise will be futily coming from the Upper Deck, which, again, will only be heard somewhat by the Goodyear blimp pilot.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

champ they had a rule a number of years ago where the home team would be penalized a timeout due to crowd noise. i am very confident it is much harder to communicate when you cant hear. granted many times the opposing team will succeed but i am very confident it is more difficult with a loud crowd.

my problem is the fans who only know to chant because that douchebag fireman ed jackass tells them to. and those that cheer when the OFFENSE is trying to run an audible.

the real problem is those 20 assholes who are willing to pay that out of control price. they are almost as much at fault as the greedy management teams that set the prices.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

has anyone been keeping track of any giants threads on the new stadium? i wonder what their fans are saying. i almost think its going to be worse.

11. Jason Fish

Jason Fish New Member

Your analysis seems a bit weak here champ. I don't have the data, but what if teams conversion rate on 3rd and long is much higher at home than away? Then it seems that the crowd noise would be doing something, even if sometimes they do convert? What if that percentage is even lower in the loudest / nastiest places like Cleveland?

Since players seem to like the fans to make noise for the D, and because football is so precise, it would seem that it's doing some good, right? Just because teams sometimes convert doesn't mean it's not doing anything.

12. Section 227. Row 5

I always thought the main purpose was to disrupt the offense's cadence just enough so that one of their players jumps before the snap and draws a false start or offsides penalty.

Now you've got 3rd and 13 instead of 3rd and 8 and makes it less likely they'll convert.

13. KSJets

KSJets New Member

That is the main purpose and that is covered in FB 101 but unfortunately for us, champ skipped some of those classes to play around with his penny stocks :rofl:

14. Section 227. Row 5

Champ has his share of problems right now and I think he deserves some time. Don't look for me to pile on.

15. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

With the economy the way it is, and the shitty way Woody is treating us, I'm giving up my seats now. This season. I'll pick up a game on eBay as my farewell to the stadium, but I'm not paying for preseason seats and overpriced parking.

Maybe I'll be able to afford a bigger TV

16. Section 227. Row 5

Champ, how did you make out? What row did you get and how many seats?

Inquiring minds want to know. I'm still waiting for my call - they tell me 2nd week in June. I am so screwed it's pathetic....:mad:

17. championjets69

Actually truthfully we did OK. 6 of our 8 seats are more/less exactly where we are now on the NYJ side of the field so beyond being a bit higher we are still in the 1st row & will not be bother by people standing up in front of us. To get 1st row seats for the other 2 seats we had to move them to the shady side of the field. To recap all 8 of our seats are in the front row so I have to say we were treated quite fairly by Woody or just darn lucky. From comments the rep made it appeared at least up to now season tix holders before me thrust was between the 30s as they told us they were full up to row 20 between the 30s.

My new seats if we were NYGs season tix holders would command a PSL of 5Gs per seat & naturally cost us nothing besides the $500.00 per seat advance payment for next year. So I guess I have to thank Woody for that. Since the seats are more or less the same as in the old stadium we can look forward to staying for lots of years so long as Woody does not implement a PSL for them.

Wow sorry to hear ur date is not until second week June. I do not know how many reps are doing it & how many present season tix holders per day they call so it hard to estimate what will be available by ur date since as the better seats are taken up those still not seated when called will opt for out vs the seats they now hold.

#677 championjets69, May 14, 2009
    Last edited: May 14, 2009
  18. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

1st row prime? Or 1st row. upper reserve (5th row)

19. championjets69

Please see my earlier post where I stated they were 1st row prime

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

You never stated prime in your earlier post.

All 8 of your seats r the same seniority date?
    Or did they take care of u?