17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I think some ambivalence is to be expected here. Many of the posters here are long time fans who've gone to games forever. I think it's reasonable to say you hate PSLs and the process and how this sucks, etc, etc, but then get a PSL in the end. Or, vice versa.

This is a lot of money, no doubt. And there are some indications the new stadium will be a monstrosity. On the other hand, it's new, and will be an interesting time in Jets history.

I myself am quite ambivalent towards this whole thing. I recently convinced myself I'd go for $5k PSLs, but am, right at this moment, thinking no again (my new fiancee and I are looking at houses again).

We'll see. I'm a waitlist schlub who's been to just about every game the last 12+ years by buying seats off a season ticket holder. I guess I need to contain my excitement, see what I'm offered, and realize that even if I don't get seats in my name, if I want to go to every game, I still can.

Patience, young grasshopper, is what I'm trying to tell myself. But it's hard to listen :)

All of that said, I do feel happy when I hear these long time fans talking about the seats they bought. PSLs or not. It's just nice hearing from fans who are excited to know they'll be going in 2010. And shit, you can't take it with you, as they say. So if you can swing it financially, God bless you and have fun!

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

How many rows are in the Mezz. end zone? We were considering those seats also but one of my buddies takes his son so that would x 2 so he could not do it. Farther back you would be covered but the closer the better. My only concern about the Mezz. end zone was how many rows is it and would it be isolated from the rest of the stadium and the noise level could be low. I just hope I can get row 10 or so somewhere in the UD. Looks like I might be sitting above 17a. . I can try for one year, if the seats suck or the place is dead like Yankee stadium, I can bag it without any cost. Not second guessing anyone, but that's why non-psl's work for me. Who the hell knows what our football scene is gonna be. The last few years has not been the same as it used to be so maybe it will be better. I know one thing, no more empty seats or Giant fans, the UD will be all the REAL JET FANS and of couse 17a and some others will be spread around.

#602 sec314, May 8, 2009
    Last edited: May 8, 2009
  3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

but what about the lower and mezz. i am scared those will be empty or yeah just empty.

was it 227 that was saying about the first year that they can be sold. that will be interesting to see, how many people will take the loss and bail on it.... or maybe how many will make money on it. although i dont see anyone making money other than woody.

4. coorslightcans

they wont be empty woody will give them to corporate employees and families its all about the image. who knows you might just see the local homeless guy in 50 grand seat.

5. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Supposedly there are signs that the economy is recovering, but barring a massive turnaround, and this is truly not me being a "hater," I can't imagine people buying seats between the 30s, except for the upper deck. Companies, sure, but only those not worried about corporate image and spending on things like Jets tickets. Also, I think the entire sideline mezz will be very sparsely populated unless ticket prices are changed.

So I think there will be a "T" of empty seats on the sidelines, essentially.

A lot of those seats are $10k+ PSL and $500/ticket prices. So each seat will cost the owner $5k/season. So the owner of 4 pays $20k/season. That's just too much even for the person taking home a $200k/year salary. And $300k/year salary...a VP of a big company or a lawyer or doctor doing pretty well....will think strongly before committing to that.

Unless things really turn around...and again, I'm not trying to be a "hater" and I would consider $5k/PSL seats....I think there'll be that T of empties in 2010.

6. alleycat9

not if they do it like the mets and yankees. they are sitting there with tons of empty seats every day. granted its baseball but its scary. i dont see why woody would give them away. he has never shown himself to be a very giving guy.

7. coorslightcans

he gives them away to save face and fill seats and have a tax write off

8. alleycat9

very true cornfed. there are plenty of people making 200k that complain about 35k a year schools for their kids that they have been saving for the last 15 years.

imagine 10% of your earnings going to the jets. and they said the church screwed people with tithing.

9. coorslightcans

church at least gives you a sense of hope

10. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

ok there are 30 rows in the mezzanine the bottom section is row 1-12 then the walkway and a stairs that go to rows 13-30. row 22-30 are under cover of the upperdeck
    http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/new_york_jets/

just click the mezzanine tab up top and it shows you just the mezz and then roll the mouse over the sections.

also the lower and mezz end zones can not go around the whole stadium. the clubs are sectioned off with velvet ropes for the Club PSL seats.

11. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

When I lived in Florida Publix a super market chain used to do that for the Miami Dolphins to insure they were sold out every game

12. alleycat9

i have to wonder how to scale that panorama really is. it appears to be about the same distance looking at the mezz and and the upper views of the field. just a little bit of a angle difference.

of course its bullshit just like the way they are trying to make the 7500 dollar psl look good by putting the per year for 5 and 15 years in there to sell you on it only being 600 something bucks a year.

i cant understand why this whole thing annoys me so much.

13. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Probably because U realize the big time hosing Woody is giving the fans of his team

14. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I've been there with Soss and it's not too bad in the current stadium but I can't even imagine what it will be like in the new one.

15. sancheeze28

sancheeze28 New Member

Theres something to be said for sitting on your couch with wings and a cheap beer watching the game in high def...

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Screw that. The Stadium is being paid for by TWO fan bases, not one, and once again, Woody Johnson needs to get choked by a GIANT COCK. The discrepancy in pricing is deserving. He'll probably use the interest as a write off for cancer contributions. He can go to Hell. Casey Johnson should be the new 'face' of the organization: 'I hate my father.'

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The difference between baseball and football is that our games CAN NOT be shown on TV in the local market if we are not sold out. What in the world is the NFL gonna do. They are not going to give them away every week to sell out. No way. The networks will freak if they lose the NY market when the Jets play home. To me, that's the most intresting aspect of the new place. That has not happended since the 70's when they never showed the home games, remember? I used to live to Harmon and ummm. Sam???? the old Jets LB on the radio.

18. terps56

terps56 New Member

I disagree with most who think the stadium will not sell out. It will. It may take some time, but by opening day 2010 the PSL's will all be sold, with perhaps the only exception being some of the Club seats on the mezz level with game ticket prices starting at $400/seat. The Coaches Club already sold out and so will the lower level PSL's

19. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Really? When did this happen?? Last time I heard about the Coaches Club, Woody tried to have an auction to sell them. And the auction had to be ended quicker than they expected, and they only sold a few thousand seats. As far as I know, if you want to pay between $30,000 and $20,000, and $700 per game, you can have as many Coaches Club seats that you want.

20. coorslightcans

the stadium and the psls are not sold out nowhere near selling out is the info ive been given from guy who knows a guy whos sister works for the jets in the ticket office. the economy has played its part in the psl sell.