Jets Released Brett Favre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Apr 28, 2009.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

we can get the satisfaction of watching the vikings crash and burn when favre gets tired in november and december. thats something i guess.

2. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

My opinion...I would have given up a third round pick just to get rid of Pennington. As I said previously, he'll get you TO the playoffs, but is not capable of WINNING the playoffs.

I appreciate what he has done for the NYJ franchise and the expectations of the fans, think he is a good starter for a developing team and wish him well the rest of his career, but am happy he is gone.

Perhaps I am in the minority here, but if I was Tanny and I could go back in time, I'd still make the Favre deal based on the season the Jets had last year (regardless of what my thoughts are on Pennington). As a fan I enjoyed last season. Sure it was disappointing and the two games I went to were brutal (SD / DEN), but it was just a fun season to be a Jet fan. By the time December rolled around there were breakdowns on both sides of the ball so I didn't expect them to make any noise if they did get in the playoffs (although I thought they could have a NYG-type run in them).

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

W/e Favre has nothing to do with us, I appreciate what he did for us through week 12...his collapse was awful but in reality we all should have seen it coming. Just let him fuckin go and we'll proceed with our young franchise QB. Unless we face Favre and the Vikes in the Super Bowl I really don't give a shit what he does

4. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Getting Favre gave us a starting QB for 16 games and a hope that we hadn't had in a while. Sure it didn't turn out as we would have liked. It was worth the shot. Sure looked good for half a season as well.

Releasing Favre ensures we do not have a major distraction come training camp. Allows the new regime to concentrate on moving foward and not having to worry about the past.

Numerous players who supported Favre stated if he wanted to come back, he would be welcome only if he was willing to show up for all the VOA's and workouts. Not just the games on Sunday.

5. NY Sack Exchange7

NY Sack Exchange7 New Member

Brett was a gamble that didnt pay off at the end. Nuff' said. Sanchez is here, lets see what he can do as we havent had anyone sans maybe Richard Todd in a very long time that was a good QB. Yes, I will add Vinnny as times. Point is: I could care less about Brett, although if Ratcliff starts someday in the "Mistake by The Lake" I will puke in my hands, then drink it back in. Favre and the Vikings vrs. the Packers may make for good MNFB but I only want to see our Defense kill guys this year.

6. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Why would you care what some guy named Ratcliff does?

7. jfelz91

jfelz91 New Member

let him go to the vikings and do whatever he needs to do to make himself feel good. the only way we see them anyway is in the superbowl, and lets face it, neither the jets nor the vikings are going to the superbowl. adding favre to the vikings does make them much better thought. their offense is already starting to look pretty scary with rosenfels as their qb. but we'll see what happens i guess. i personally dont care. he no longer has any effect on the new york jets organization, so as a jet fan, i have no opinion on whether he stays retired or plays again. lets talk about something more important!

8. jfelz91

jfelz91 New Member

*ignore this post* (computer is being stupid)

9. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

10. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I'm just glad that the Favre saga will have nothing to do with us this year. :)

11. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Sneaky little bastard! I just knew he was using us to get around Green bay not wanting him in their division. He always had his eyes on Minnesota and the only way that was going to happen is if he got his release or his contract picked up and played it out for a year. The shine of a champion is wearing off.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Who gives a shit anymore? Favre is in the past...we have ourselves a QB who will put together a career far better than Favre's. Kellen Clemens has field vision my friends.

13. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Who knows, maybe he did collapse on purpose just to make sure he was released after the season was over. That would be rather scummy, but I highly doubt it.

14. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I?m on record stating I saw if gimp in the Oakland game and I believe he played injured and either didn?t say anything or told the trainers it was nothing. If you watch that game he's holding his arm against his body for like three quarters.

15. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Yeah I saw that too, and I fully believe he was injured. It would be insane to think he sabotaged the season so he could be released to get the gig in Minnesota. Imagine if it were true though? That would be crazy shit!

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

agreed.

I wasn't bitter towards him at the end of last year, as a JETS fan you learn to wait for impending disaster. The 1st 3/4 of the season was an entertaining run until........ but I looked at it as an NFL legend gave it one last hoorah, but father time caught up (it's not like we've had the opportunitity to watch a whole lot of good QBs under center in Green)

Now The whole thing has become ridiculous, and I'll lose my respect for him if he moves onto another team after insisting he was retired again....... same way I felt towards Roger Clemmens (except that he was a juiced up a-hole)

:shit:

17. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

I was ticked when the Jets got this scumbag egomaniac

I'm happy that more people are starting to see the light now

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Chad fan?

Green Bay FO fan?

19. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Let . . . it . . . go.

20. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Can we move this trash to the dumpster, or the NFL forum. Who cares where this guy goes either... He still didn't get his bicep fixed, so while he may tease you through 8 games, the rigors of the season will have him throwing picks like it's his job again by week 9 or 10...

I agree

LET IT GO