17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hehe good one champ!

ugg that last picture is everything that football isnt. its a shame really.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Thanks just to tempting not to take the shot

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

Benedict 17a.

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i wouldnt blame you, i would say it was the brilliant marketing that did you in!

5. hammernnails

hammernnails New Member

You are correct the different colored seats make it look like there are people sitting there when viewed from a distance.. the Superdome in New Orleans was the 1st stadium to use the idea

6. championjets69

So U R saying that 17A is the person that P.T. Barum spoke about when he coined that most famous statement?

7. 17a_tailgater

there making me an offer i cant refuse.....

8. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Isn't it pretty funny that the nice floor to ceiling windows which presumably look out onto the field are blocked by those hideous oversized booths?

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

That struck me as really odd also, Koz. In the brochure they sent us, one of the pictures shows a lounge?bar area, with high-back chairs around the tables, and some of the people sitting there had their backs to the glass, They had to be blocking the sightline for others too.

So it makes you ask yourslef, who TF designes this stuff and WTF are they thinking?

10. 17a_tailgater

that window to the left is looking out into the parking lot.you know the rich dining on kobe steak and lobster in their ivory tower looking down on the pitiful tailgaters.

11. championjets69

So what is the offer so the rest of us can also avail ourselves of it as well ?

12. 17a_tailgater

who is the lucky guy being called today to pick the first upper deck seat?

also looking closely again like i have been doing hourly since i found out i have to decide may 6th,the lower end zone back rows also are under cover.and the mexx end zone only has 12 rows. row 13 is handicapped and then 14-21 is in the open 22-30 is under cover. this is MY OWN OPINION AND OBSERVATION.IM USING THIS http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/new_york_jets/
    AND THIS
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/stadium/view_construction_cam

13. 17a_tailgater

SORRY I'VE HELPED YOU OUT ENOUGH.

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

So is that the first purchase date for all the long time ticket holders, the 6th?

Did they give you any info on PSL sales and how they are going?

15. Section 227. Row 5

The guys called first are going to be people with connections - friends and acquaintences of Woody and/or people within J&J, higher-up employees, family attorneys' sons, accountants of the Johnson family, vehicle drivers, housekeepers' relatives, laundry-dry cleaners and kitchen help who all have an "in" with Woody and who are all looking for a PSL-free front row seat. This will be after the Star Ledger gets its 24 front row seats and the Daily news and all other media get theres. Jets family people, former players, coaches and their family, etc. Anyone with a connection to the inside.

You don't really expect the unscrupulous, lying, manipulative Jets sales staff to dole out the seats fairly, do you? There's never been an accounting of how the seats are being sold, how many are left and who is really entitled to "next in line," so I for one don't expect them to start being honest, forthright and scrupulous at this point.

The first real fan called is going to be shocked when he finds out all the front rows are already gone. "WTF? How is that possible? i was the first freaking guy on line?"

16. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

And us pitiful tailgaters will raise our beer and middle finger to those in the ivory tower, all along knowing who the real fans are.

Cheers a-holes!!!

17. 17a_tailgater

the first person called is jan 1 1977 seniority who sits in the lower section 50 yard line.section 111 110,132 and 131 then 211 & 231 then 331 311. then the 40's lower mezz upper then the 30's lower mezz & upper.so on and so on.

18. MadBacker Prime

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I need 10 posts to follow links so...

Do you think Leon Hess would have done this crap?

19. Section 227. Row 5

Of course, we can only speculate. But if you judge what he might have done based on what he did do, I really think the answer is "No."

There were options. The giants had declared that they were building a new stadium. He might have elected to buy the old one and have it be our own. If he were pushed into the "shared stadium" deal that we found ourselves in after most other reasonable options ran out, I still think he would have done things differently than Woody.

He was not like Woody, he was much more of a self-made man. His father started the Hess oil business, but it was Leon who really worked it to what it is today. I've even known old-timers in the Perth Amboy area who still remembered Leon driving an oil delivery truck around in his younger years. He was more the working man's man, more appreciative of what it takes to make money, not the recipient of a silver spoon-fed childhood and beneficiary of a huge unearned fortune, unable to connect with that makes most franchises successful... people (and or fans) that help build the business!

So, I think Leon's approach to all this would have bee much more valuable input than Woody has contributed (or passively not contributed). I think he would have tempered the Giants' ambitious goals and been more for the average fan then we're seeing today. He was an excellent businessman who would have been able to come up with other options, but if forced into this current situation i still think he would have found a way to take better care of his loyal fan base.

Like I've said before, while he was the owner, we had price increases that never exceeded 3-5%. Once Woody took over, my Mezz seats went up 10% per year (or double in 7 years), so that's the big difference between the two.

Anyone thinking that Woody won't absolutely screw them to the cross once he has their PSL in hand is being grossly delusional.

20. MadBacker Prime

And now we have a owner who's name is Woody Johnson, is his middle name dick?