Jets Released Brett Favre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Apr 28, 2009.

1. ........

........ Trolls

Jesus Christ this is a long thread. I read through about half, but I've got to weigh in.

I've never understood the level of hatred and criticism that gets leveled at Chad. He wasn't a top QB in the league, but to suggest that he was at fault for each of our playoff losses is absolutely ludicrous.

In that Pitt game, he outplayed Roethlisberger. In fact, with the exception of the final interception return by Samuel, he even outplayed Brady in that 2006 playoff game. You want to place blame? How about the fact that we were nearly doubled up in rushing yards in the Pitt game and more than doubled up against New England? Why doesn't Curtis Martin get blamed for the Pitt loss? Probably because we recognize a team effort when it comes to Curtis, but we place blame on the QB when it comes to Chad.

My biggest problem with Chad is that he wasn't the kind of QB who could carry a team on his shoulders. Big Ben for the most part has been an average QB, but he's recognized as a great one because of that ability down the stretch. He has enough clutch throws in his career to offset his mediocre play in many of Pitt's games. And I love that about him.

We as fans are hungry for that QB who can carry the team when needed, and we all hope that Sanchez will be that guy. That's no excuse to lambast Chad as a choker or a mediocre QB. If you look at it objectively, which is difficult as a fan, I know, you'll see that he was a solid QB for us, even in the playoffs. I was at that Oakland game, FTR, and Chad hardly deserves the sole blame. His worst playoff game by FAR came this last season, and even then, his opposing QB's numbers weren't exactly awe inspiring.

I'm happy as hell to have Sanchez here, and I wouldn't trade last season because I, too, am hungry for that clutch QB. However, I have a great deal of respect for what Chad did here when he had talent around him. I just can't respect him in teal.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

oh i'm sorry, junc.....i didn't know you were the etiquette police too....i'll be sure to wipe my feet before i logon to the board from now on. :rolleyes:

3. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I believe the correct term for what you are is "douchebag"

Make all the excuses you want for the way you act, but we all know...you are just a douchebag.

Douchebag.

Now go tell.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Now we are threatening:rofl: simmer down son, don't take everything so personal. We are here to learn, I learn new things all the time. instead of flying off the handle sit back, relax and learn a thing or two.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

That was his third year in the league. Clemens is going into his 4th.

Anywho, Oakland was the beginning of a pattern for Chad. It's not like he ever overcame his terrible play against top defenses in the playoffs and we're still ragging on one game. He's still doing it 7 years later and we have more examples to point to. That's just one example of his playoff incompetence.

6. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

:up: werd to that.

7. nyjunc

:rofl: Thanks for getting me through a long Friday. Now you throw out "we all know" looking for backup from your knowledegless buddies.

8. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I'm not flying off the handle. I'm perfectly calm. I'm just telling you that any time you want to know how tough I am, I'll be more than happy to show you.

So, please, go tell.

9. nyjunc

are you going to invite me to Applebees:rofl2: How about at 3 o'clock after you get out of school?:rofl:

10. ........

........ Trolls

Oakland was a bad game for him, but he absolutely had a lot of help. This past season, I agree. It was an absolutely atrocious game by him. Feel free to call him a playoff choker for that one.

11. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Hey, not all of us have chad pennington figurines son. I'm glad you've found an identity and an outlet, but the fact is most people here can't stand you. When mods say "oh he's a tool, just let it go" it's a clear indicator that most people feel the same.

Hey don't take my word for it, I'm just telling you how it is.

12. nyjunc

He was awful against Baltimore but how many QBs would be able to succeed w/ Devon bess and ted Ginn as their main WRs and w/ their supposed good RBs averaging about 2.2 YPC?

13. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Whatever punk. You're the one with the big mouth, not me.

You called me an internet tough guy, and I'm telling you that I'll be happy to show you, if you need proof.

Now, if you weren't a punk, you'd apologize. But, you won't. Punk.

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

only if you're buyin', whistle-blower.

15. nyjunc

I wouldn't speak for most people. I think more people like me than they like you(if they even know who you are). Many people have been frustrated by me at times b/c I like to argue so much but I think most rational people understand we are just having fun and to not take it personal. You don't like me, never have and you have always been frustrated by the fact that I back up my arguments and always present a good case. I don't like or dislike you, I don't know you.

16. nyjunc

You are right. I am sorry, I apologize for always making you look foolish when you try to debate me.

17. nyjunc

Whistle blower, wow! Your wit astounds me:rolleyes:

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

He won 11 games with those guys. What happened in the playoffs?

Do you see a pattern with running games getting shut down in the playoffs with Penny behind center? Don't you think Penny has at least a little to do with this??

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

20. nyjunc

They overachieved, that team would have won 5-6 w/o him. They were underdogs in that Baltimore game, let's not forget that.