Jets Released Brett Favre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Apr 28, 2009.

1. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Only to suffer the same Chad Pennington result. Crash and burn when it gets tough.

2. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Back to Favre...

He has reportedly hired a personal trainer.

Story

3. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Lets look at it this way. OK he brought us there 3 out of 5 times. We missed it twice without him. We got bounced rather quickly when he did get us there.

So let me see if I can put this into an equation that's somewhat comprehensive:

Fat Chicks Are People Too

4. nyrudebwoy

nyrudebwoy New Member

If it wasn't for Favre we wouldn't have Rex Ryan and Mangini would still be here. So be thankful lol Favre was good for the 1st half of the season and did bad in the last half. now that he is released we don't have to worry about will he or won't he want to come back. that speculation will be for the NFC north. we didn't want that drama surrounding our team, and now that he is gone it won't. the AFC east will be just about the Jets and the our defense. I wish it was Sept right now i just can't wait lol

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

The only real bad game he had was the Baltimore game, and Miami dressed three WRs and lost one early in the game, then rushed for like 50 yards. So while Chad was bad, he was playing against a pretty stacked deck.

The New England game Chad played pretty well, we were in the game until the D allowed NE to go on an 8:00 TD drive to ice it in the 4th quarter. At Pittsburgh we were lined up for two game winning kicks.

And of course you always leave out winning at San Diego and a 41-0 pasting of the Colts, as if those games never happened.

6. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

And also, don't forget there was inclement weather in some part of the world.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

He sucked @oak, @pitt, and vs. Balt
    He wasn't good @ne

The win vs. Indy was awesome, I was there. That was before the injuries and before the league had film on him. The win at SD was awesome too - thank god that SD kicker missed the FG to give us a chance. Still 2-4 is bad, there's no way around that.

8. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Beating GB was awesome too.

9. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

And what exactly did Pennington have to do with that? Remind us, because I seem to remember him doing absolutely nothing that game.

10. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

It was one of his crowing moments: he managed to not get hurt.

P.S. here come the excuses why he sucked on that game...this person dropped that pass...no running game....his jersey was too tight. There was inclement weather in some part of the world. Milli Vanilli were at the game....pick one. They're coming.

11. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I'm going to lunch. Let me say this....Fat....chicks....are....people.....too. But you'd still rather tap the skinny ones.

12. The Uniform Bomber

Haha. Actually, here comes the "he was playing with a torn rotator cuff" excuse -- even though the previous week he was able to throw that bomb (one of maybe 4 in his career)to Moss, ensued by him flexing his bulging muscles.

13. The Uniform Bomber

So what exactly are the Pennington excuses we've had thus far?
    1. torn rotator cuff
    2. Miami's lack of quantity and quality at WR
    3. poor Offensive Line
    4. no running game
    5. dropped passes

what else....

14. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

The Defense did not hold the other team to 0 is my favorite.

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

You guys are really just showing your ignorance now and not presenting anything. If you think one guy is going to carry an inferior team to the Super Bowl you're going to be disappointed your whole lives--in Chad, in Sanchez, in pretty much any and every QB we ever get. Have fun with that.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The only game he was awful in for us was Oakland and his teamamtes didn't show either. he wasn't good against Pitt but we had our K in position to win it TWICE.

Give up trying to be funny. you had a funny line yesterday, since then you are like ARod in october.

17. FOURTHANDLONG

No one guy can carry any team to a Sb but an inferior Qb can definitely keep a Sb ready team from getting to one.

18. The Uniform Bomber

It just seems too coincidental that the great Pennington is always on an inferior team, playing in games where the deck is stacked against him. Poor guy...

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

We will never agree on this. My opinion is that he stunk that game. He led the offense to 3 points and two 40+ FG attempts (one of which was setup by an INTO). You contend he didn't stink. No one is budging.

20. FOURTHANDLONG

He has two of the best Rb in the league and a great O-line and still the deck is stacked because he does not have a great receiver to get the ball to. Tom Brady won three Sb with Receivers that would not start on most teams in the Nfl.