Boycott Titans Gear

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Apr 29, 2009.

?

Do the Jets wear the Titans Jerseys too often?

Poll closed May 9, 2009.
  1. No

48 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Yes

74 vote(s)
    60.7%
  1. ........

........ Trolls

I'm not going to argue that the jerseys are ridiculous, but is this really the point you want to make? Are you telling me that you wouldn't be excited to see the Coyotes bust out the old Winnipeg jerseys for a couple of games?

If we're celebrating the AFL, we should be wearing the jerseys we wore when we WON the AFL. However, since it's the anniversary/creation of the league, of course they're going to ask us to wear the ones from the AFL's first year.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Consumers control the market.

3. 611LWC

611LWC New Member

I don't know if I agree with that, I think a more accurate statement is that folks either like them or they hate them, there does not appear to be an in between on this issue.

I will totally enjoy my NY Titans jersey

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Nah, I just go nude.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Personally I wouldn't mind once a year or once every other year. I've seen a lot of people complain about the frequency, and that is my biggest issue. I believe there are many who share the same opinion.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'd hang myself if the Coyotes broke out the Wpg Jets jerseys.....seriously. They already stole our "white out" concept for the playoffs (even though they'll never make the playoffs again...but that's another conversation).

I stand by my opinion....i hate the old blue/gold jerseys....I'm in favor of the green/white for life.

And Alio's right....i forgot about Cleveland retaining the right to keeping the franchise name and such....my apologies.

7. BrowningNeagle

BrowningNeagle New Member

The NFL controls this. It's the 50th anniversary of the AFL. They had a large stand set up at the Draft with a timeline of the AFL and the helmets and uniforms of the original AFL teams.

8. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

I agree! I see so many fans wearing the Titans crap. Stop buying it! And if you own them, stop wearing them!!

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I bought a knockoff Titans winter cap in the parking lot because I was freezing my ears off. I'm not sure if that counts.

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

It does...you're supporting the machine...asshole

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

haha...relax...."industrial uses" are excluded.

12. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Just for this thread, I will now purchase a Greene, Sanchez, Sheppard and Leonhard Titans jersey. And may be a hat. Nice work ass bags, that's what you get for trying to fight the machine.

Haha....check this out.

http://www.nflshop.com/home/index.jsp

One of those jerseys, ain't like the others, one of those things, doesn't belong.

***Edit my avatar just for you Titans haters

#32 SyracuseJet, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  13. SyracuseJet

[​IMG]

And you think our throwbacks suck...check out Denvers. Second to the left.

**Doesn't Ron White look so happy?

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I like them, and I like that they are going to wear the white one's. They are wearing them three times this year because it's the 50th Anniversary of the AFL. They will also be wearing a 50th Anniversary patch on these jersey's.

15. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

What bothers me isn't that much that the team wears it so often, but it's that the fans wear it to all the games. Like, fine, run with the blue Titans jerseys twice a year, but what's frustrating is that all these fans wear Titans crap to the games where they're wearing the regular green uniforms.

It just bothers me that I have to see a stadium half full of blue when your team's color is green. I went to the Rams game last season with my girlfriend and she insisted on wearing her new NY Titans hoodie. Here I am trying to make her realize why it's a bad idea because the god damn Rams are Navy and Gold too, and we get to the stadium it's fucking full of blue and gold Titans crap.

At least when other teams wear throwback shit you still wear your team colors proudly, instead we're doomed to a future of confused colors because some assholes have to be trendy.

** I don't mean to imply all people that buy/wear the Titans crap are bad people (though I definitely did imply it), it's just not our colors, wear green to games the team is in green.

16. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Sht I'd say ours are the best out of that crop!

17. SyracuseJet

If Denver wears there throwbacks vs the Browns....we'll all be fucked up.

18. ReservoirDog76

ReservoirDog76 New Member

19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Maybe once to commemorate our history but that's exactly what that team and their colors were...history.

C'mon Jets ownership and marketing, stick with the Jets identity. This Titans crap is overkill.

20. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I agree. I like the throwbacks, but if you're going to a Jets game, wear your JETS jersey. It is what it is though I guess.. I'm sure after a couple of years the novelty will wear off a little. I should confess however that I do own a Titans/NY t-shirt.