Boycott Titans Gear

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Apr 29, 2009.

?

Do the Jets wear the Titans Jerseys too often?

Poll closed May 9, 2009.
  1. No

48 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. Yes

74 vote(s)
    60.7%
  1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yes, this deserves it's own thread.

As you've probably seen already we're wearing the Titans uniforms THREE times this year. Two home games, and one away game. So now 25% of the games the season ticket holders go to, they will be watching the brown/yellow/whateverthefuckcoloritis and blue instead of the green and white.

The only reason we keep seeing these jerseys is because people keep buying the gear. Don't buy it and they'll stop force feeding us these awful jerseys.

/rant

#1 WhiteShoeWillis, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

who the fuck is in charge of the NY Jets marketing dept??....or is this coming down from the bigwigs at NFL headquarters??

3. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

that sky blue and yellow/brown is SWEET, but that navy and yellow/green/brown is just godawful

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

it's horrible...just horrible.

I can't imagine any Jets fan wanting to wear those colors in any capacity.

It's bad enough the players have to....at least they get a paycheck.

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I like them. Call me crazy, but they are unique.

We have a badass record while wearing these jersey's too. So, fuck it, let em wear it.

6. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

what green brown yellow are you guys talking about??? I thought it was navy and gold with some white, I think they're ok for a throwback, supposedly they are having white/away versions of them in two of the three games, maybe they'll look cool.

7. 611LWC

611LWC New Member

I like them also and plan to buy one. If you don't like them don't buy one. Furthermore, if you are that serious don't watch the games the Jets will wear them this year. Finally, this did not deserve its own thread

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

forgive me for being a traditionalist...the Jets are green/white...always have been...always should be.

You want to be a titan fan.....move to Nashville.

9. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

I agree. I like them. Why people are so pissy about them beats me.

NOW, if they go back to the early '90s uniform as a throw back, I'd conceed doing away with the blue and golds.

10. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

This is what the new white one will look similar too conigliofamily.com/images/MathisJersey1961.jpg < sry jus add the www to itt cuz i cant post links yett btw i like this jersey but the old 90's jets uni's would look sooooo sickk :up:

#10 JohnnyThaJet, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  11. WhiteShoeWillis

Seems to me the majority of fans are fed up with the frequency of the throwbacks being worn. Who knows, maybe this could start an actual boycott and prevent them from wearing them so much. Maybe one of the more popular blog sites or newspapers will follow suit with an article. That's why this needed it's own thread. It needs to hit the main stream to have an impact and a reply to an existing thread about the jerseys wouldn't do it.

I'll watch the games even if I think the jerseys suck. I can't remember the last time I missed a Jets game. Enjoy wearing your fugly gear.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

agreed.....i'd buy that.

The Blue/gold is retarded....bottom line.

13. 611LWC

611LWC New Member

Well I won't seek forgiveness for liking the Titan jerseys, I love the old green and white as well. Your last sentence just makes no sense.....

14. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I assume by "brown/yellow/whateverthefuckcoloritis" and "yellow/green/brown", you guys mean gold..?

I think buying Titans gear is a waste of money but I think the uniforms are fine. If people want to spend their money on that then good for them. I'm sorry you think they're 'ugly', but even if our throwbacks were the 80s unis the league would still be making money off them.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

how does it not make sense?....the blue/gold jerseys are the New York Titans....we're not the Titans anymore..sure, we're the same franchise...BUT...we're NOW the Green/White New York Jets......is it sinking in yet? or do i need to bring out the chalkboard with some colored chalk?

Should the Ravens wear the Cleveland Brown jerseys this season for a few games too??!!!!...........dumbass.

16. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I like the Blue/Gold Titans throwbacks. They look like a dirty version of Notre Dame's uniforms. I support wearing the throwbacks.

Though I could be persuaded to change my mind if I were to Spi a nice set of tah-tahs wearing a cutoff version of the Green & White. Or better yet, skip the clothing altogether and you've got a deal!

17. CapoStatus27

CapoStatus27 New Member

I like the blue/gold
    And either way all us Jet fans are gonna be watching them play in 3 games this year with the NYTitan jerseys on so get over it.
    you have no say and you can't control the buyers market by complaining
    good day sirs

18. WhiteShoeWillis

Do you rock one behind the counter at your pet shop?

19. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

There's a flaw in your argument bro. The Ravens are not the Browns, and not considered to ever have been. That was a condition of the move, if you recall. They were allowed to leave Cleveland, but they had to leave the name and the history behind. The Cleveland Browns that Mangini now coaches are considered the "original" Browns. The intent was always to return a Browns team to Cleveland post-Ravens.

20. blackbusiness

blackbusiness New Member

As long as we keep winning with them I am all for the swap. As for the uniforms themselves, they grew on me and I will be purchasing one this year.