Jets Released Brett Favre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Apr 28, 2009.

1. 611LWC

611LWC New Member

Farve retiring a Packer is right. He should not retire a Jet, so if relaeasing him accomplishes that then good.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The Favre blunder? You are another one, I see, who preferred the 4-12 record in '07..makes sense, Pennington was the QB most of that year.

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

That same Pennington was the QB that took the Jets to the postseason in '06 and just won the division with the year removed 1-15 Dolphins.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I guess you didn't notice how much we improved around the QB in 2008, I'm pretty sure a QB who took over a team that won one game in '07 and led them 11 wins and a div title could have done at least that here w/ more talent. The 2008 season was a complete waste thanks to that trade BUT if Sanchez turns out to be for real it was worth wasting a season.

5. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

People Lets not start another pennington vs farve 15 page long thread its so old news. There nothing to see just move along

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Dammit. Now the Farve drones will come back just to post about yet another possible Farve comeback. Guess we'll have to spray again now..

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Just when you thought there would be no more Favre........

8. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Shit, Brette was our QB of the future. Sure enough they only give him 1 year and then release him. This team is destined to fail.

9. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

Should have traded him to GB so he could retire.

& Tampa Bay did not receive a comp pick for Plummer

10. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

Will Brady ever be the same? There's no Cassel. So...
    "You've tried the Mahattan Clam Chowder...why not stick your spoon into New England?"

11. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Like the QB version of the Kotite years ultimately getting us Parcells? I'm down for that.

12. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

At the very least getting rid of a QB whose ceiling was the 2nd round of the playoffs made 2008 a huge success.

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

:rofl:

:up:

14. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

If the Vikings really want him, I can see him being convinced to come back.

15. Gator

Gator Active Member

LEt them all go to the Minnesota sites when he signs there

Amazen#4GB4lifeJets08Minn09Man: We luv u Brett!!!!!!! You are god. Heal me & throw TDs!!! It's OK if u throw a pick because we really don't like the Jets or Minnesota. We just love you and Deanna.

16. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

1st, Brett Favre was fine. He came in and gave us a decent season. Well worth the pick. Let it go.

2nd, there is a lot of scuttlebut swerling around about Favre, and I have a bad feeling we're going to see ANOTHER return. I'm not hating on the guy, but damn, this is not exactly the legacy he should be leaving.

17. nyjunc

He wasn't worth it except for an increase in jersey sales. He sabotaged our season. We should have won the division.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The entire team sucked down the stretch, Favre included. Jenkins was playing hurt, we couldn't stop the run or the pass, and we threw a shit ton of INT's. Favre didn't sabotage anything.

I'd prefer not to get fucked in the face in the first round of the playoffs like the Dolphins did anyway. What good does that do?

If there weren't injuries and the team didn't become lackadaisical we had a much better shot with Favre beating the Ravens. Unfortunately shit happens.

19. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

And except for the fact that it was the most exciting season the Jets had in years. For the first time since 1999 I thought the team could make a deep run into the playoffs. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that way.

It was great to have a buzz about the team, the TEN win was the obvious highlight followed by a week's worth of talk about the Jets.

At no point during the Chad years did I think the Jets had a legitimate shot to get to the SB. (Not even after the 41-0 Colts beating). If anything many of those teams overachieved and / or backed into the playoffs. Last year with Farve I thought the Jets had a shot.

20. nyjunc

Favre was the main guy turning it over multiple times every game. We had the talent to beat Baltimore, Miami did not. If we had a competent QB we'd have been very competitive against any team in the playoffs.