Holy crap, that is way to much to give up?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by wildaces, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

When did I say we increased it?

Learn to read what I fucking wrote.

I said we did not improve our depth and lost some potential youth that could have come from the first and second picks this year. I did point out that we have already signed players to cover the positions lost in that deal. Is it really that hard to understand?

2. Boba Jett

Boba Jett Member

This guys has Bust written all over him. At least we are keeping the J-E-T-S Draft day legacy alive.

3. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

One of the best draft trades in a long while. We didn't give up too much and got the best QB in the draft.

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I did read your post and responded fairly politely considering it was a stupid post.

Saying we lost 3 players and it had no effect on our depth. :up:

5. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I did not want to trade up for Sanchez, but you have to give Tannenbaum and Ryan credit. That was a bold move for first round QB. Losing a second rounder to move up that high plus some expendable players is pretty damn good. They also have ammo to move up with a full complement of 2010 draft picks plus this year's number 3.

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

We heard Ron Jaworski say the same thing Simms said about Kellen Clemmens just a few years ago. I was never sold on Sanchez and this doesn't exactly do it for me. If he turned out to be as good as Carson Palmer great but he could also be Matt Lienert or Todd Marinovich.....

I guess it could be worse.... we could have taken Darius Heyward-Bey with the 7th fucking pick.

7. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

I think its a steal for what we gave up. Which is pretty much a 2nd round pick and backups.

The only thing that is going to hurt us I think the money we are going to have to shell out to pay Sanchez

8. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly.

9. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

Especially with Leon wanting to extend his contract and TJ asking for more money. But Tanny is good at managing money that what he was brought in for and he has helped the cap since has been here so, I figure they will work something out

10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

My thoughts also. I'm okay with this deal. In fact, I thought it was quite reasonable.

It still leaves the possibility of drafting a decent WR in the 3rd Round too, which is incredible.

11. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

Glad its players and just those 2 picks instead of next years 1, and this 1st and 2nd

12. Freeman McNeil

In addition to Douglas the Jets can move Gholston back to DE. Add another 10-20 pounds and he's good to go, he's strong enough (more reps than any other player in the draft last year) and he's fast enough that a few extra lbs won't slow him down much, plus he doesn't have to think as much at DE.

13. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Guys,

What I find most amusing is all the posters who thought and said Ratliff was the second coming,who are now throwing the guy under the bus like yesterdays paper...

I assume in three years if Sanchez does not pan out he will be joining all the other trash that has been deposited under that same bus by Jets fans......

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I wasn't hyped up on trading up for QB and I don't know how Sanchez will work out, but I think we got a good deal. The first rounder we gave up and Ratliff are a wash because we got back a higher first rounder and a QB. I liked Ratliff and was hoping he'd get a legit shot, now I'm hoping Sanchez will be that guy. Apparently the Jets weren't any more sold on Clemens than I was. I liked Elam, hate to give him up, I think he's a playmaker, it always annoyed me that Kenyon Coleman was starting for us. We'll live.

15. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Not starting depth...

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

well..... if he pans out, this could be a great deal for the JETS, a 2nd pick and 3 depth/bench players to move up to grab a potential franchise QB. They gave up less than the G-men did for Eli.

If he doesn't it could stink. We better hope there are no injuries, and DE has definitely become a "need" position.

Overall, it was a good move.

17. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Coleman was an absolute bad pickup and too costly for what he contributed. Ratliff would have had to beat out Clemens in camp and that duty now goes to Sanchez. Abram Elam was an intresting prospect and unfortuantely only Mangini sees it. I dont have a problem with this trade. The only thing thats bothering me is the 2nd rounder. Why not a third? I wonder if Elam will get the same contract offer Mangini gave him before?

18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

We lost two back ups and one starter. We had signed one Back up for D line, Signed a starter for saftey and drafted a QB who will be much higer on the depth chart then the player we traded.

Whith the signings and losses through the trade how did we get much worse then last season?

19. Bvon

Bvon New Member

Defensive wise we are better, offensively we have lost a step or two, but I am confident in the Jets doing something to address this either tomorrow in the draft or in FA.

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

That is exactly what i'm getting at. We have lpst players for sure, but have day two of the draft still to go. We have a good incomming free agent class. We addressed our biggest question mark as a team in round one (QB).

Sanchez may not payoff this year. Damn. He does give us the first top tier QB prospect we have had in a long time. For one starter and two backups and a second? Every day of the week and twice on sundays.